GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Exceptional Rho Chis and Panhel Officers (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=23452)

LeslieAGD 09-13-2002 12:57 PM

Exceptional Rho Chis and Panhel Officers

Does anyone have a story about an exceptional Rho Chi or Panhel Officer who made a positive impression on you or someone you know during the recruitment experience? Let's give some credit to the women who do their jobs (properly) and make a difference in the Greek Community.

lionlove 09-13-2002 01:32 PM

Good thread, the panhel people tend to be forgotten. I'm a rho chi now (we still call it that) and I hope that when rush is over, my girls will say that I was a good rho chi. Maybe I can use this thread for some ideas. :)

33girl 09-14-2002 06:31 PM

My 3 big was the most kickass Panhel prez ever, and I'm not saying that just cause she's in my family. ;) I met her at rush and she really put me at ease, she was so professional and friendly at the same time. Becoming her sister and her 3 little was just a giant bonus!!

KappaStargirl 09-14-2002 07:08 PM

I had a terrific Rho Chi my freshman year. She had stayed at LU over the summer, so she was at all the individual floor meetings right at the beginning, introducing herself and letting us know what she was about. She set up study hours for herself in the dorm lounge two nights a week, and let all the freshmen know that they were welcome to stop by and say hello, ask questions about recruitment, etc. When I became a Rho Chi as a junior, I followed her example.

I think half the trick to being a good PX is to simply make yourself available and get to know who the freshmen are. (The other half, of course, is being impartial.)

binks 09-14-2002 08:20 PM

We have 8 exceptional Sigma Rho Chis' this year!! They got over 150 girls to come come out to rush this year!! Quota is 17 now ( we have Bid day tomorrow!!! I'm excited and nervous! Our campus has not has that many peopel go though since ther early 90's!!! They Helped promote and explain the reason my our chapter was soo small we have 10. The first day fro rush i was freaking out cause my sisters out not be there till an hour before the parties began so i was freaking out! they helped me with our room and finish with errors!!! ( i'm rush chair) Our chapter has had get returns and even though we are excepting less than quota, we think that we will get atleast 10 girls and without the PX's i don't think we could have done that.

theta sig agd 09-14-2002 08:39 PM

I definitely think the Panhellenic here does a great job! I dont have any specific stories here yet but with seven sucessful NPC groups on a small womens private campus they must be doing something right!!

I have to give credit to the Alum NPC too! They are very supportive here!

AngelPhiSig 09-14-2002 09:43 PM

I wanted to say HOORAY to JESS POM (jess_pom) for being the best kick ass Panhel Treas. and PX EVER!!! She is one of the most wonderful people I know... and hmmm... she and I went through recruitment 3 years ago :)

gphiangel624 09-15-2002 01:35 AM

I was a Rho Chi (which is stuck in my mind, I don't want to call it anything else!) last year and it was a great experience. Not only did I get the chance to experience recruitment from a whole new perspective, I got to form better friendships with girls outside my chapter. I believe I was a good PX (my group told me so as well) and never gave a hint as to what chapter I was in, although one of my PNMs almost found out (I have a tattoo with the crescent moon, the symbol of Gamma Phi Beta, and some flowers around it on my shoulder- this girl caught a glimpse of the flowers and asked to see it... I told her no, because it had my chapter's symbol and she speculated that she was "pretty sure the symbol was the key (KKG's symbol)... It was kind of fun leading the girls that signed bids for Gamma Phi on at the end. Eight girls from my group of about 15 went Gamma Phi and although I knew we were sisters before the Bid Day ceremony, it was a lot of fun to lead them into thinking we weren't. ;)

For all you Rho Chis out there, especially if any from my chapter are reading this, be impartial! I know it's difficult, but you CAN do it! And don't ever give anything away that might lead a PNM to believe you are in a specific chapter! It's more fun that way!

:cool:

browneyedgirl41 09-15-2002 08:37 PM

I am currently going through formal recruitment at Bowling Green State University in Northwest Ohio, and I absolutely LOVE my Rho Gammas! They are 2 of the most spotaneous and spunky women that I have ever met! Still no clue what chapter they're from though...thats a tough one to figure out. Guess I'll have to wait until Bid Day! :)

meliss 09-15-2002 10:23 PM

I haven't met MY gamma chi yet but i met a girl who is one that i just adore. I met her at a freshman info session. I hope I get to be in her group and I saw her today at house tours! I was so excited!