GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Christmas 2023 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=248611)

Phrozen Sands 12-19-2023 11:17 AM

Christmas 2023

Christmas is the season for giving. But everybody knows damn well they want some gifts Lol.

In this thread we discuss what we want or are hoping to receive for Christmas 2023.

andthen 12-19-2023 12:00 PM

Its funny I was thinking about what I would want and/or could use when I was walking the dog this morning. Although for me, I treat myself through the year because frankly I can't trust people in my circle to get me what I actually want LOL! Although I will also admit I am terrible about expressing my christmas wants too. But here are a few items that could be useful or things I just want.
  • apple watch
  • ear muffs but the low profile ones, it was cold this morning
  • a nice travel pillow, my cheap one isn't sparking joy, and it makes me get hot and noise canceling headphone
  • a new roomba, because mine is on its last wheel
  • some perfumed body lotions, I wear a particular scent in the colder months so that would be a nice to have

Phrozen Sands 12-19-2023 12:14 PM

I want the latest iPhone. But I think my girl has already gotten it for me Lol. I also want a new iPad.

lake 12-19-2023 11:10 PM

I honestly feel blessed to be able to say…there’s nothing I really want. I feel very content right now. That wasn’t always the case and I’ve had my fair share of struggles, financial and otherwise. I told my family and friends who asked that Visa gift cards would be nice because there are some electronic thingies I want to buy (a digital converter for an old analog TV I still have and want to use), but I need to research what would be best first. Otherwise, bakery-scented candles are always welcome too.

MTSUGURL 12-19-2023 11:12 PM

AirPods. I’ve been asking for 2 years, but still no AirPods. This Christmas is hubby’s last chance. If it doesn’t happen, I’m buying my own AirPods, wrapping them up, putting them under the tree and will exclaim at my own thoughtfulness.

chi-o_cat 12-21-2023 09:17 AM

I am fairly certain I am getting a Bird Buddy. It's a smart bird feeder that has a camera and an app so you can get close up pictures of the birds and track which species are out there.

carnation 12-21-2023 09:34 AM

Pawpaw and raspberry plants.

PrettyBoy 12-21-2023 09:48 AM

I love nice clothes, so that. More bow ties, a new DeWalt tool set for my sculptures. Some art supplies. A vellum pad would be lovely too. Any Franklin Mint, Danbury Mint, CMC, GMP, or Ebbro models to add to my collection would also put a smile on my face. :D

Above all, continued good health and continued blessings for my family.

MTSUGURL 12-21-2023 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2501811)
Pawpaw and raspberry plants.

You just gave me a great idea. My mother was so excited when they moved into their current house because she thought she had a pawpaw out back, but it ended up being a hedge apple.

carnation 12-21-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTSUGURL (Post 2501814)
You just gave me a great idea. My mother was so excited when they moved into their current house because she thought she had a pawpaw out back, but it ended up being a hedge apple.

Make sure you get 2 different varieties for pollination and plant them fairly close together! We got some at Ty Ty Nursery and ordered the larger ones because we're not getting any younger,

andthen 12-21-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyBoy (Post 2501812)
I love nice clothes, so that. More bow ties, a new DeWalt tool set for my sculptures. Some art supplies. A vellum pad would be lovely too. Any Franklin Mint, Danbury Mint, CMC, GMP, or Ebbro models to add to my collection would also put a smile on my face. :D

Have you posted any photos of your sculptures? I'd love to see some of the creations.

honeychile 12-21-2023 04:53 PM

The winning Powerball ticket!

Phrozen Sands 12-21-2023 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyBoy (Post 2501812)

I’m surprised you didn’t ask for that Ducati you’ve been begging for Lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by andthen (Post 2501819)
Have you posted any photos of your sculptures? I'd love to see some of the creations.

He’s got all kinds of his artwork he posted on here years back. I don’t know which threads they’re on though.

Phrozen Sands 12-21-2023 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 2501820)
The winning Powerball ticket!

Lmao!

honeychile 12-21-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands (Post 2501823)
Lmao!

I say that in all sincerity! :D