GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Hello (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=228837)

ugadawgmom 05-11-2017 03:16 PM

Hello

Long time lurker here! My daughter will graduate high school next week, so I thought I would go ahead and join. She will attend the University of Georgia in the fall. I'm pretty sure I've read most of the UGA threads on here more that once over the years preparing for this fall. Looking forward to connecting with other parents whose daughters are also going through UGA rush. Also, I will accept any advice I can get :D. Hope to post my daughters story soon after recruitment is over.

FSUZeta 05-11-2017 06:07 PM

Welcome! Wishing your daughter the best. Get in a goodly supply of your favorite adult beverage for rush week!

Weaver D 05-12-2017 04:09 PM

I'm in the same boat. My daughter will graduate near the end of the month and will be heading to Athens in the Fall. This is all coming up so quickly. She's already registered for orientation we just found out her room assignment today. All seems like a whirlwind. My experience has mainly been from the fraternity side and my wife is not Greek, but I'm familiar with the NPC recruitment process (from a variety of campuses). I've stressed to keep an open mind thru the whole experience.

I wish your daughter a great experience (and one for you with little to no stress)!

FSUZeta 05-12-2017 07:22 PM

Good luck to your daughter, Weaver D.

ugadawgmom 05-13-2017 10:07 AM

Best of luck to you and your daughter, Weaver D. Sending good vibes your way.

ladybug12 05-13-2017 06:09 PM

Yea for the UGA parents. Sounds like you are preparing your daughters well!

Looking forward to reading their recruitment stories in August.

stef831 05-14-2017 07:44 AM

Best of luck to all of you and your daughter's. Best advice I can offer is to have them have an open mind going is and just be themselves. Rush can be hard but if you go in and just be who you are and not be swayed by what you hear, the better it will be. I wish them every success and can't wait to hear their stories.

PearlGirl13 05-24-2017 08:39 PM

My daughter just graduated from UGA after four years of successful sisterhood and successful academics! You can read my posts on the UGA recruitment 2013 thread. It was a really tough week and when I read back through those posts, it brings back some crazy memories! Though she was lukewarm about her sorority for the first week or two, after meeting more girls, getting some rest and settling into her class schedule, she found her groove and ended up loving her time at GA with her sisters. She has friends for a lifetime and is looking forward to many, many more years of sisterhood!

JonInKC 05-26-2017 10:06 PM

Hopefully you and your daughter have started getting recs in order. If not, I'd start ASAP. As in yesterday.

These are a MUST for SEC schools like Georgia.

ugadawgmom 05-27-2017 02:05 PM

thank you

PearlGirl- I remember reading your daughters story. So happy she enjoyed her years at UGA!
Jon- She has recs for almost all of the houses. She is contacting Atlanta Panhellenic to see if they will be able to help with the rest. According to their website, they don't want to be contacted until after May 30 so she has a few more days until then. We are both so excited!

JonInKC 05-27-2017 10:14 PM

Awesome! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Xidelt 05-28-2017 02:40 PM

Good luck to your daughter! I loved my time at UGA-great campus and town!

BraveMaroon 05-29-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weaver D (Post 2431614)
I wish your daughter a great experience (and one for you with little to no stress)!

Automatic!