GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Got my badge in the mail BEFORE initiantion?? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=245134)

☆flowerpower☆ 10-22-2018 03:20 AM

Got my badge in the mail BEFORE initiantion??

I still have a couple weeks until my initiation but my badge arrived at my door today. I put it away safely so I don't disrespect my organization. I'm going to e-mail/text someone about it tmrw morning since it's too late right now. This has to be a mistake. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

33girl 10-22-2018 09:31 AM

You are obviously living in an alternative universe.

clemsongirl 10-22-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2462090)
You are obviously living in an alternative universe.

I ordered mine in September and it didn't get to me until February (and then it was made very poorly and I had to send it back, but I digress...), so I have to agree.

SoCalGirl 10-22-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsongirl (Post 2462091)
I ordered mine in September and it didn't get to me until February (and then it was made very poorly and I had to send it back, but I digress...), so I have to agree.

For your first badge?

For SK, the chapter orders the badges and they're delivered to the chapter. They're not sent directly to the new member.

DaffyKD 10-22-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGirl (Post 2462092)
For your first badge?

For SK, the chapter orders the badges and they're delivered to the chapter. They're not sent directly to the new member.

I was under the impression that this is the procedure for all sororities. They don't deliver to your home, order is not placed until either the week of initiation or the day of. If you order a subsequent badge, National Headquarters has to verify you membership with the official badge company otherwise anyone can order any badge they want.

DaffyKD

APhi4Ever 10-22-2018 11:04 PM

Alpha Phi doesn’t order badges until after initiation and then it takes like 2 months to arrive and they come to the chapters address.

Cheerio 10-23-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ☆flowerpower☆ (Post 2462083)
I still have a couple weeks until my initiation but my badge arrived at my door today. I put it away safely so I don't disrespect my organization. I'm going to e-mail/text someone about it tmrw morning since it's too late right now. This has to be a mistake. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Is this a badge for a local organization or a service group?

GreekOne 10-23-2018 08:31 PM

Update on badge ordering. Up until recently we were using J Brandt. Badges were taking forever to come in. (My daughter's 3 months). I recently ordered a second badge for myself, to wear as part of a necklace, from our new jeweler HJ. It came within about 10 days. Very surprised!

navane 10-23-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheerio (Post 2462123)
Is this a badge for a local organization or a service group?

Or an academic honor society?

Also, is it possible that a relative from the same organization purchased one as a gift on HJ and had it sent to the NM as an initiation gift? I mean, I would think the NM would know that she had an aunt or something from the same sorority; but, maybe a tiny bit possible?

pandarose1897 01-07-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ☆flowerpower☆ (Post 2462083)

With AOII (my chapter, at least), the new member educator passes all the badges out. Ours came in like a month after initiation. If I was in the same situation as you though, I would contact my big or someone asking what to do with the badge for the next couple of weeks.

Sciencewoman 01-08-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navane (Post 2462137)
Or an academic honor society?

Also, is it possible that a relative from the same organization purchased one as a gift on HJ and had it sent to the NM as an initiation gift? I mean, I would think the NM would know that she had an aunt or something from the same sorority; but, maybe a tiny bit possible?

I ordered a Pi Phi badge for my daughter (they are given a gold-filled one that's included with the initiation fee, but she/I wanted her to have a real gold badge, and she picked out the one with a diamond in the arrow head). I called Pi Phi and ordered it, with engraving, and Pi Phi sent it to the CHAPTER HOUSE, probably to some designated officer, NOT to my daughter. I remember them confirming the chapter house address with me when I ordered. It did arrive in time for her to be initiated with the badge, but she was not shown or given the badge until she was initiated and there were a few new members who also had special order or legacy badges.

FSUZeta 01-09-2019 12:33 PM

ZTA badge orders are placed during the latter part of the new member period thru the chapter secretary. IO sends The badges to the chapter. They do not arrive until after initiation, so big sisters(or ZTA relative) lend their badges to their new initiate little sister to wear until her badge arrives.

My daughter wore my badge until her’s arrived and she returned it at Spring Break. They were initiated the first part of November.