GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Risk Management - Hazing & etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   University at Buffalo suspends Greek life after 'potential' hazing incident (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246045)

ASTalumna06 04-13-2019 10:29 AM

University at Buffalo suspends Greek life after 'potential' hazing incident

https://abcnews.go.com/US/university...ll_twopack_hed

Quote:

The University at Buffalo has suspended all fraternities and sororities and is investigating a "potential" hazing incident that left a student in critical condition.

The Buffalo Police Department said that a student had been seriously injured early Friday in what it was calling an "incident of potential hazing."

"BPD are investigating an incident of potential hazing that occurred at a fraternity house in Buffalo overnight on Custer Street," the department said in a tweet. "A UB student was rushed to the hospital with a serious medical condition believed to have resulted from the Incident."
"Sigma Pi has recently learned of a reported allegation of health & safety policy violations at Epsilon-Omicron Chapter at the University at Buffalo," Jonathan Frost, executive director and CEO of Sigma Pi Fraternity & Foundation, said in a statement. "At this time, we are currently gathering information and, if necessary, will provide further comment after all facts have been gathered."

The student is currently in critical condition and on life support, according to Buffalo ABC affiliate WKBW.

33girl 04-13-2019 12:27 PM

This “suspend everyone for something one group did” shit is getting old.

Tom Earp 04-13-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2465543)
This “suspend everyone for something one group did” shit is getting old.

Agree 100%:mad: Typical KNEE JERK reaction!

What surprises me is Greeks that were never in the news before, one being
S Pi normally. Once again, the We Greeks shoot our selves in the foot!:o

Normally there are a few who are in the NEW's for just dumb crap.:( Death for being in a Greek Organization should not be one of them.

God bless us you STUPID JERKs for helping to ruin life for us!:mad:

ASTalumna06 04-14-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Earp (Post 2465544)
Agree 100%:mad: Typical KNEE JERK reaction!

What surprises me is Greeks that were never in the news before, one being
S Pi normally. Once again, the We Greeks shoot our selves in the foot!:o

Normally there are a few who are in the NEW's for just dumb crap.:( Death for being in a Greek Organization should not be one of them.

God bless us you STUPID JERKs for helping to ruin life for us!:mad:

I'm guessing you didn't reach the end of the article I posted. Sigma Pi has certainly found themselves in trouble recently due to hazing.

However, I do agree with 33girl in regard to restricting all groups when only one appears to be the problem.

shadokat 04-16-2019 01:39 PM

They did this at Bloomsburg in the fall, and the investigation wasn't over until the beginning of spring semester. Chapters lost new members who were like screw this, it's not worth waiting around for. It's so damn stupid to suspend everyone. For spring formal recruitment, they had the smallest amount of women go through in like 20 years. A group of us RTK'd to find out the results of the "investigation" which was conducted by an outside law firm, and we got nothing but the bills for the investigation, totaling more than $200,000. Not one group was suspended or in trouble at last note. SO ANNOYING!

Tom Earp 04-18-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 2465550)
I'm guessing you didn't reach the end of the article I posted. Sigma Pi has certainly found themselves in trouble recently due to hazing.

However, I do agree with 33girl in regard to restricting all groups when only one appears to be the problem.

That is exactly what I was referring to!:mad: Yes ASTalumna06, no matter, S Pi did wrong, but to screw all other GLOs is wrong also!!

It just sickens me when this happens!:o

My Chapter Lambda Chi Chapter was on Probation for 0ne Year and I wanted answers. I called IHQ, got some answers not happy with. After discussing it, We came to a common understanding. L X Chapter is stronger now more so than ever!!:)

BTW, L X is my Chapter Designation, is that a Hoot or Not!! Yes, We do get under the microscope for sure!

seekingkappa 04-18-2019 09:14 PM

I hope the incident is resolved soon. Karma is real.

*winter* 05-01-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadokat (Post 2465608)
They did this at Bloomsburg in the fall, and the investigation wasn't over until the beginning of spring semester. Chapters lost new members who were like screw this, it's not worth waiting around for. It's so damn stupid to suspend everyone. For spring formal recruitment, they had the smallest amount of women go through in like 20 years. A group of us RTK'd to find out the results of the "investigation" which was conducted by an outside law firm, and we got nothing but the bills for the investigation, totaling more than $200,000. Not one group was suspended or in trouble at last note. SO ANNOYING!

It's nice to know this is what I'm paying taxes for. Oh wait- I don't live in PA anymore. Well, I did at the time of the "study." BTW, wasn't it published online, or am I thinking of something else?