GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Did you pledge someone famous? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=1144)

ISU_XO 01-23-2001 03:21 PM

Did you pledge someone famous?

Along the lines of Ches. Clinton pledging ... has anyone had an experience of someone really really rich or famous go thru rush and had to make a decision to take them due to $/fame or if you really liked the person. For example- the college president's daughter/son or Bill Gates daughter/son....

prospectiverushee 01-23-2001 05:12 PM

Disclaimer: What I'm about to post is strickly what I have heard from the grapevine. I am not greek so I'm not exactly sure how true this information is.

Ok, Rumor has it that Brittney Spears is suppose to come to LSU(I don't know exactly sure when she is suppose to enroll,but supposedly she wants to graduate for LSU) Anyhow, it is rumored that she wants to go Chi-O. Well, when the time comes, I'm sure all the houses on the row are going to feel some pressure as to invite her back to the next round. On the one hand, any house that extends Ms Spears a bid, would be the "house on campus". On the other hand, the house that extends her a bid might pick up a not so nice reputation. As everyone knows, Ms Spears is know for her "creative" clothing choices(or lack there of) and LSU is one of the most conservative schools in the country.
If Brittney were a KD or Tri-Del,or even a DZ,some people might not want to associate with the house she is in.

33girl 01-23-2001 08:38 PM

Britney might have some funky clothing (or lack of same) but she also has pounds of $$$$$ and lotsa access to the N'Sync boys.. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

But when it all comes down to it she would need to be evaluated the same as any other rushee. How in the world is she going to find the time to pledge a sorority?

Billy Optimist 01-23-2001 08:39 PM

Don't put too much weight into rumors. I heard she was going to go to James Madison Univerisy. Suposedly, this was to be her freshman year.

Unregistered- 01-24-2001 01:32 AM

Britney attending college? Interesting idea. I don't know how she'll do it considering that her career's way up there. Even if she did figure out some way to take classes, I highly doubt that she'll have time to go Greek. When I pledged I had to plan my schedule around work--but that was only 20 hours a week--and that was hard enough!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*

sigmagrrl 01-24-2001 02:21 AM

Interesting how Britney Spears is supposed to be attending all these colleges when she hasn't even finished her SOPHOMORE YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL yet! She's a dumb whore! Sorry, I cannot stand her, personal opin...

kdgirlie 01-24-2001 09:32 AM

me either http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

juniorgrrl 01-24-2001 10:37 AM

Okay, while I don't always agree with her clothing choices, I will admit this: I like Britney Spears.

I believe she has finished high school, via home schooling. I wouldn't call her a dumb whore just because of that.

It wouldn't be too far fetched for her to attend LSU. One of her cousins does go to school here. She has been known to go out to some of the local hangouts up here, like on her birthday in December. I would not be surprised if at sometime, she enrolled part time, if not full time.

And honestly, I don't think it would hurt the rep of any house she pledged at all. Why? Because I know of girls at LSU from the "socialite" sororities, and most of them are not so ladylike at all. They represent their houses very poorly, in my opinion, the way they swear like sailors, talk about how drunk they got and where they passed out, and how many guys they have had. How would this be acceptable but Britney not be?

Corbin Dallas 01-24-2001 02:27 PM

I'm pretty sure Chris Klein from American Pie and Election is a Lambda Chi at Texas Christian. I don't know much about it though, and I don't think they have a chapter website.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.

preppie 01-24-2001 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by juniorgrrl:
Okay, while I don't always agree with her clothing choices, I will admit this: I like Britney Spears.

I believe she has finished high school, via home schooling. I wouldn't call her a dumb whore just because of that.

It wouldn't be too far fetched for her to attend LSU. One of her cousins does go to school here. She has been known to go out to some of the local hangouts up here, like on her birthday in December. I would not be surprised if at sometime, she enrolled part time, if not full time.

And honestly, I don't think it would hurt the rep of any house she pledged at all. Why? Because I know of girls at LSU from the "socialite" sororities, and most of them are not so ladylike at all. They represent their houses very poorly, in my opinion, the way they swear like sailors, talk about how drunk they got and where they passed out, and how many guys they have had. How would this be acceptable but Britney not be?

Excellent point! Also, I like Britney too!;0

bucutie02 01-24-2001 10:56 PM

JUST PERSONAL OPINION.... but i dislike Britney Spears as well. Guess what i heard? I heard about a year ago that she wanted to attend Baylor University... reason why i transferred!! Just kidding, thats not why! One of my main reasons i dont like her is because she seems SO FAKE!! Anyway, just thought i'd share! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"He is not perfect, you are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other"

Billy Optimist 01-25-2001 12:19 AM

I think Britney is awesome. I would want to be her chapter's sweetheart. Of course, this is a guys opinion. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

Alumnus who cares 01-25-2001 11:11 AM

There was a classic rumor that Dustin Diamond ("Screech" from the hit TV show Saved by the Bell) was a Pi Lam at the University of Illinois. As far as I know, this was not true, but it's funny how rumors get started and spread like that.

But to answer the real question: my chapter has not pledged anyone who has become famous (yet). There's a guy who pledged during my senior year who would probably make a good senator or congressman or something. He served as the Student Government President and Student Trustee while he was at school, so he's off to a good start.

Eclipse 01-25-2001 02:51 PM

I'm sure one of the members of Delta Sigma Theta can verify this, but "Little Rudy Huxtable" (Keshia Knight Pullman --hope I got her name right) from the Cosby show pledged Delta at Spelman College in Atlanta about a year or so ago.

ISU_XO 01-25-2001 03:33 PM

I just asked the original question b/c we had an heir to the Coca Cola fortune go thru our rush. My first thought was that she would be totally stuck up and I did not want her in the sorority but I was wrong- very down to earth and I even lived with her for a year. Just wondering if anyone else went thru that.