GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Pi Beta Phi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Pi Phi Roll Call! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=14446)

carnation 02-02-2002 10:49 PM

Pi Phi Roll Call!

Y'all, I am so thrilled to see so many Pi Phis on GC! I've hoped for this for over a year and now there are so many!

Let's do a roll call like some of the other sororities are doing!

Chapter: Alabama Gamma

Current ofices: too busy with the 13 dwarfs now, was AAC for rush at Ala Gamma

Alum clubs in past or present?: Honolulu; Fayetteville, AR; Auburn

Why did you pledge Pi Phi? I loved the sisterhood and the symbols, and that fabulous pref party convinced me!

PiPhiERDoc 02-02-2002 11:24 PM

Carnation, I must just be following you around today!
This is a great idea, I would love to know who else is around...

I am an alum of Washington Gamma.

I belong to the Seattle and Tacoma Alum Clubs, and I have served on the Washington Gamma AAC for the past 5 years, currently as Chairman and counterpart to VP Social, Rush, and Secretary, although I have done membership and Moral in the past...basically whatever comes up!

As for why I went Pi Phi...from the very first rush party I attended I thought the Pi Phis were energetic, smart, and clearly had the closest sisterhood of any of the 6 sororities on our campus. I am still "Pi Phi or die" and I am so proud to be a alumnae of our chapter and our national fraternity!

erniegurl00 02-03-2002 11:08 AM

Yeah! I'm so excited to see so many new Pi Phi's on the board! Welcome!

Chapter: Indiana Gamma
Current Offices: Vice President of Social Advancement :) (BTW I love being the pledge educator!)
Why did you pledge Pi Phi? Because all of the girls seemed genuine, and I loved how they made me feel welcome whether it was before or during rush.

nucutiepie 02-03-2002 02:09 PM

Chapter: Illinois Epsilon (same as Amy Burnham Onken)
All Offices Held: Vice President New Member Council for NPC, IG chair for Fraternity Heritage, VP Recruitment
Why I went Pi Phi: The girls are all real - I feel like I can be myself around everyone - and I got chills down my back during the pref ceremony

jharb 02-03-2002 04:19 PM

Chapter: Indiana Gamma
Current Office: Our pledge class does this on the pledge retreat (next weekend!)
Why I chose Pi Phi: I knew a lot of girls coming into the house and loved each one. I also felt that the girls really wanted me for who I am, not because I filled some sort of quota.

Silverblue 02-03-2002 05:14 PM

Chapter: Tennessee Gamma

Offices: While active, I was our Arrow correspondent and also was editor of the fall rush handbook my senior year. I don't hold an office in my alum club now, but since I work at a newspaper, I can get items about meetings and philanthropy projects published. Really neat fact: Since our city is just about 50 miles away from Gatlinburg, Arrowmont and Pi Beta Phi Elementary School are mentioned in the paper several times a week.

Why I pledged Pi Phi: From the moment I walked into the Pi Phi suite (there are no sorority houses in Tennessee) during open house, I felt right at home. Then, when I cried during the preference ceremony -- we were allowed to go to two pref parties -- my decision was easy to make. When I was initiated and learned our ritual, I knew I'd been led there for a reason. The older you get, the more Pi Phi's ideals mean to you, and I try to live my life each day according to them.

Angels&Arrows 02-04-2002 01:56 PM

Chapter: Mississippi Alpha

Current offices: VP Membership/ACRIC Boston City Alumnae Club...

Past offices: Asst. Historian

Alum clubs in past or present?: I belong to the Boston area Pi Phi Alum group.

Why did you pledge Pi Phi? During recruitment... the diversity of the chapter showed in their activities, the sisterhood between the members shined through and I got the feeling that no matter what I pursued in college that their would be 100 girls supporting me. Little did I know that all those qualities would also be present after college. I LOVE PI PHI and all my sisters!!!!

ETA: My new position in the Boston City Alumnae Group!!!

oupiphi 02-05-2002 03:53 PM

Chapter: Ohio Alpha, Ohio University

Current Offices: I am on AAC as Membership and Pan Hel advisor

Alum Clubs: Presently in Ann Arbor

Why did I pledge Pi Phi? I met a Pi Phi who was a terrific person (we are still great friends) and I decided that if she was what Pi Phis were like, I wanted to be one! Once I met the other women during rush, I knew I had found a wonderfully diverse group who, even though they were different, held similar beliefs. Being a Pi Phi has been one of the best experiences of my life.

A side note: I have two daughters. Both of them are also Ohio Alphas! Sharing Pi Phi in this way has been a true blessing.

clothesgirl 02-07-2002 02:34 AM

Chapter: alberta alpha, University Of Alberta

Current office:Secretary

past offices: panhellenice delegate, VP mental advancement, historian(2) and arrow correspondant.

why I chose pi phi: Truth be told, I genereally don't like girls. I find them to be petty and unsupportive. I have 2 close girlfriends, all the rest of my friends are boys. Then I met the piphis. Here were a bunch of women that I truly liked and respected-not just one of them, but ALL of them. I had to join. So I did. It was the best decision I ever made. My sister goes to university in a year. She already wants to go piphi!:)

pbpck 03-12-2002 07:34 PM

California Kappa.

:cool:

cherub 03-12-2002 08:20 PM

Chapter: Ontario Gamma

Office: AAC president and Panhel advisor

Past Offices: AAC advisor for VP Social and Panhel

Why Pi Phi? I wanted to be a part of a sisterhood again, since I came from an all-girls school. I loved the tradition behind the group and the benefits of membership after graduation. I'm so proud because my younger sister joined my chapter last year and just got elected to VP Social, one of the positions I held as an active!

TrojanGirl 03-16-2002 03:20 AM

Chapter: Arkansas Beta

Why Pi Phi? Honnestly? They were the only girls on campus who seemed sincere and diversified. I loved the feeling I got from them. Tonight was our member/pledge/alum retreat and it was AWESOME! I got my big sis tonight! It was so great to see how Pi Phi had affected so many different people!

TG

sarahpiphi 03-17-2002 04:55 PM

Chapter: California Eta (UC Irvine)

Pledge Class: Fall 2000!

Position: I just finished being Parliamentarian (not all chapters have this position though)

Why I pledged Pi Phi: My sister is a Pi Phi from UC Riverside which deifnitly swayed my decision, but also because I was able to have a "normal" conversation with all of the Pi Phis during rush. I was unsure of my decision when I first pledged, but now I realize that pledging Pi Phi was one of the best decisions I have ever made! I have loved my time in Pi Phi and I look forward to a life of friendship and sisterhood!

pi phi love,
sarah

dubyuhnellpiphi 03-18-2002 09:08 PM

i have got to say first...
I LOVE BEING A PI PHI!!!!

Chapter: Virginia Theta

Past Office: pledge class president

Aspirations: rush chair, perhaps chapter president

Why Pi Phi? Cause it is the BEST EVER! I love every pi phi i have met... i most certainly can't say the same for the other soroities! our chapter is so diverse, but we all share the common bonds of pi phi... and i just LOVE that! everyone in my chapter is so genuinely nice and interested in what is happening in my life... my big sis is awesome... to my family should any of them read this OINK OINK BABY! gotta love sisterhood!

Ji-ae 04-05-2002 01:00 AM

Chapter: Alberta Alpha

Past Office: Jr. Panhellenic Delegate (Jr. Panhell Recruitment), Social Chair

Current Office: Sr. Panhellenic Delegate (Sr. Panhell Recruitment), VP Mental

Why Pi Phi? Simply because my best friend pulled me in... but the bigger reason is why I stayed and became so active. Because they're my family and my support system for all aspects of my life.

p.s
valdes, I've finally checked it out. Now to get the rest of the chapter here.