GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   A Magical Disney Recruitment for 2 UGA Ladies (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=128792)

dgdramadawg 08-13-2012 11:55 PM

A Magical Disney Recruitment for 2 UGA Ladies

It's that time again.

If you've ever read one of my threads before, you know I only post happy endings, so the two ladies in this thread have already got bids in hand and are no doubt still celebrating their new homes.

Coming up with themes for these threads is getting tougher with each recruitment each year, so you know I'm stretching here when I announce that this year's thread theme will be... Old-School Live-Action Disney Films!

I know. I know.

UGA has 17 houses:
The Rocketeer
Pollyanna
Swiss Family Robinson
The Parent Trap
Babes in Toyland
Summer Magic
The Three Lives of Thomasina
Flight of the Navigator
The Barefoot Executive
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
Candleshoe
Tron
Return to Oz
Newsies
Cool Runnings
Hocus Pocus
Remember the Titans

Names omitted from possible usage because they sounded mean: Darby O'Gill and the Little People, The Shaggy Dog, The Gnome Mobile, The Absent Minded Professor, The Ugly Daschund, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, and Westward Ho Wagons. I mean, who would want to be the Westward Ho Wagons? I mean, I guess it's better than Operation Dumbo Drop... but everything's a better name for a sorority than Operation Dumbo Drop.

Place your bets on houses (and tell me which awesome old-school Disney live-action films I missed)!

DoctorD 08-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgdramadawg (Post 2167027)
It's that time again.

If you've ever read one of my threads before, you know I only post happy endings, so the two ladies in this thread have already got bids in hand and are no doubt still celebrating their new homes.

Coming up with themes for these threads is getting tougher with each recruitment each year, so you know I'm stretching here when I announce that this year's thread theme will be... Old-School Live-Action Disney Films!

I know. I know.

UGA has 17 houses:
The Rocketeer
Pollyanna
Swiss Family Robinson
The Parent Trap
Babes in Toyland
Summer Magic
The Three Lives of Thomasina
Flight of the Navigator
The Barefoot Executive
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
Candleshoe
Tron
Return to Oz
Newsies
Cool Runnings
Hocus Pocus
Remember the Titans

Names omitted from possible usage because they sounded mean: Darby O'Gill and the Little People, The Shaggy Dog, The Gnome Mobile, The Absent Minded Professor, The Ugly Daschund, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, and Westward Ho Wagons. I mean, who would want to be the Westward Ho Wagons? I mean, I guess it's better than Operation Dumbo Drop... but everything's a better name for a sorority than Operation Dumbo Drop.

Place your bets on houses (and tell me which awesome old-school Disney live-action films I missed)!

I <3 you dgdramadawg!

MaryPoppins 08-14-2012 12:16 AM

The Apple Dumpling Gang

IndianaSigKap 08-14-2012 12:20 AM

Hocus Pocus is the best movie! I used to watch it with my younger cousins. I will root for it.

ellebud 08-14-2012 03:16 AM

Summer Magic...wonderful film I'm voting for that hous.

ZetaPhi708 08-14-2012 07:28 AM

Here's a few other old school live action Disney films:

Escape to Witch Mountain
Return from Witch Mountain
The Black Hole
Bedknobs and Broomsticks ( live-action/animation mix )
Now you see him, Now you don't
The Strongest Man in the World
Freaky Friday ( the Jodie Foster/Barbera Harris version )
The Apple Dumpling Gang ( previously mentioned )
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
The Love Bug
Herbie Rides Again
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo
Herbie Goes Bananas

and for the purposes of your thread topic for the PMN, I think I will root for TRON, the film that brought computer animation into a whole new level of filmmaking; love those lightcycles.

Senusret I 08-14-2012 07:48 AM

Fuck yeah, Return to Oz!

happilyanchored 08-14-2012 10:08 AM

Hi. So normally I don't post in recruitment threads but I'm just gonna say that I will be rooting for and hoping that Newsies is Delta Gamma because that is my absolute favorite movie of all time! Here's to hoping your PNMs seize the day :D

Also, Hocus Pocus is amazing too, so I'll include that as my second favorite to root for!

AZTheta 08-14-2012 10:31 AM

I've been waiting for dgdramadawg to resurface with her recruitment threads. YES!

dgdramadawg 08-14-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZetaPhi708 (Post 2167080)
Bedknobs and Broomsticks ( live-action/animation mix )

I love that movie so much that I couldn't include it because it would have to be DG. So much of my childhood is wrapped up in the watching and rewatching of Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon.

I'm off to go type a very long round one post... it will be up later on! :)

amIblue? 08-14-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low C Sharp (Post 2167277)
I must have lost my mind. I'm sitting here like, "Ooo, a two-person rush thread with the same code for both PNMs! It's like Christmas morning!"

We need to revive that rehab thread for the rush thread addicts. The first step is admitting that I have a problem...

Dgdramadawg's recruitment threads are just like Christmas morning.

scrapcat 08-14-2012 05:30 PM

Love the Computer wore Tennis Shoes I believe it was a very, very young Kurt Russell as the star! (that house gets my vote!)

TrulyDevoted 08-14-2012 06:13 PM

The Parent Trap was one of my favorite movies when I was young! Rooting for them and Hocus Pocus (which I still watch every Halloween when it comes on the Disney channel!)

dgdramadawg 08-14-2012 06:39 PM

Round One... Here We Go!

Since both PNMs visited all 17 houses for round one, I will go house by house. It's always interesting to see how two girls can see the same houses very differently.

I'm naming my girls Jessica and Elizabeth. They are not twins, but that's what I'm naming them. Also deciding on Sweet Valley as a future thread theme.

THE ROCKETEER
Jessica totally loved this house. She felt very at home and had great conversations with everyone she met.
Elizabeth also loved this house. It had a homey feel that set her at ease instantly.

POLLYANNA
Jessica really liked this house. The girls were really sweet and fun.
Elizabeth liked this house.

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON
Jessica thought the girls in this house were nice, but she did not feel like she would fit in.
Elizabeth thought the girls in this house were nice, but she did not feel like she would fit in.

THE PARENT TRAP
Jessica loved this house and felt at home with all the girls she spoke to.
Elizabeth instantly knew this house was her round one favorite. She really connected with everyone and felt at home.

BABES IN TOYLAND
Jessica thought the girls in this house were nice, but she did not feel like she would fit in.
Elizabeth really enjoyed her time here, but just can't see herself pledging.

SUMMER MAGIC
Jessica really liked these girls and definitely wants to return.
Elizabeth really liked these girls and definitely wants to return.

THE THREE LIVES OF THOMASINA
Jessica thought these girls were really sweet. She would not mind returning.
Elizabeth thought these girls were really sweet. She would not mind returning.

FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR
Jessica did not feel like she had much in common with the girls she met here.
Elizabeth did not feel like she had much in common with the girls she met here.

THE BAREFOOT EXECUTIVE
Jessica felt very welcome here! The girls were super sweet.

THE COMPUTER WORE TENNIS SHOES
Jessica really got along with the girls here. She had a lot in common with them.

CANDLESHOE
Jessica expected to love this house and she was not disappointed.
Elizabeth really liked this house a lot! The girls were very sweet.

TRON
Jessica didn't really feel a connection with the girls she met here.

RETURN TO OZ
Jessica loved this house! She had a lot in common with the girls she met.
Elizabeth loved this house! She liked the laid back, homey feel.

NEWSIES
Jessica didn't dislike this house, but she didn't really feel like she got to know the girls very well.
Elizabeth liked this house, but not quite as much as she expected to.

COOL RUNNINGS
Jessica liked this house a lot.
Elizabeth really liked this house. The girls were laid back and fun.

HOCUS POCUS
Jessica thought these girls were really sweet and gorgeous. She had fun here!
Elizabeth did not feel like she had much in common with the girls she met here.

REMEMBER THE TITANS
Jessica had a lot of fun at this house and really got along with the girls she met.
Elizabeth did not feel like she had a lot in common with the girls she met.

After round one, PNMs have to list their top 12 and then list the other 5 houses in ranked order.

JESSICA'S RANKINGS
Jessica's favorite houses were definitely The Rocketeer, The Parent Trap, and Return to Oz! The houses she listed below her top 12 were Newsies, Swiss Family Robinson, Flight of the Navigator, Tron, and Babes in Toyland.

ELIZABETH'S RANKINGS
Elizabeth's favorite houses were definitely The Parent Trap, The Rocketeer, and Return to Oz! The houses she listed below her top 12 were Swiss Family Robinson, Hocus Pocus, Remember the Titans, Flight of the Navigator, and Babes in Toyland.

carnation 08-14-2012 06:41 PM

I guess that I'll go with Pollyanna since you aren't listing Child of Glass and Mr. Boogedy/Bride of Boogedy!