GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Xi Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   AXiD Random (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=122766)

lovespink88 10-27-2011 06:38 PM

AXiD Random

Copying the other forums that have an "XYZ Random" thread. I thought we needed a thread to share random AXiD things going on in our lives that may not exactly warrant a new thread.

I just got an email asking if I would like to volunteer to help with officer interviews/selection for the DePaul colony!!! :D

I'd really love to help and although it looks like it may be a large time commitment for a weekend, I actually am pretty free that weekend. Just waiting to confirm the times before I give a final yes or no.

I'm just so thrilled to be helping out a colony--I know that there were many women who volunteered and gave time to help my colony be a success, it's the least I can do to pay it forward. :)

flirt5721 10-27-2011 07:09 PM

That's awesome. All I'm doing is going back for the weekend and attending Homecoming as an alum for the first time.

lovespink88 11-06-2011 11:24 AM

Officer interviews for DePaul went well (but was EXHAUSTING!) Still happy to be a part of it though. I see lots of potential for that colony :)

DubaiSis 11-06-2011 02:37 PM

That's great! They sure have a growing Greek system! I think they should start pushing for dorm floors/buildings! Housing is so weird there and of course buying private housing would be out of the question.

Keep us informed!

amanda6035 11-15-2011 05:27 PM

**sigh** Days like today make me really miss my sisters.

AZ-AlphaXi 11-15-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda6035 (Post 2106756)
**sigh** Days like today make me really miss my sisters.

{{{hug}} .. call if you want to talk!

lovespink88 02-03-2012 03:15 PM

I'm SO excited for DePaul's installation next weekend. It's going to be held at a super awesome venue, Cafe Brauer, at the Lincoln Park Zoo! (We considered it for our wedding :)) http://www.lpzoo.org/events/host-pri...nt/cafe-brauer

DubaiSis 02-04-2012 01:35 AM

What a beautiful place to hold an installation! Back in my day we held initiations in the middle of the night in a dark room. What a difference to be in a glass house at mid day!

Now I'm so interested to hear how the presentation at USC went. Anyone? Anyone?

lovespink88 02-14-2012 11:21 AM

I'm so bummed. I found an old AXiD song book that I really wanted. I was keeping my eye on it but since I was out of town yesterday and catching up on work emails this morning, I completely forgot about the auction and missed it.

It went for only $8.50. Such a deal!!! :(

DubaiSis 02-14-2012 12:45 PM

I still have mine, Sing Out for Alpha Xi Delta, in the yellow flexible binder. I'm glad to share whatever's in it, if you were after the contents and not the actual book. Mine is from the mid-80's.

lovespink88 04-14-2012 09:56 PM

I've been presented with the opportunity to get involved with our DePaul chapter. I really, really, really would love to, but not sure if I'll have the time commitment. Hmmm...

XiLoveAXiD 04-30-2012 03:18 AM

After taking an almost two-year hiatus from school (or at least from non-community college), I'm transferring to the University of Rhode Island and will hopefully be affiliating with the Beta Upsilon chapter there! (I was initiated into the Theta Zeta chapter at ERAU Prescott in Fall of '09)

I'm REALLY excited about it and I felt I had to share!

justgo_withit 04-30-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XiLoveAXiD (Post 2142393)
After taking an almost two-year hiatus from school (or at least from non-community college), I'm transferring to the University of Rhode Island and will hopefully be affiliating with the Beta Upsilon chapter there! (I was initiated into the Theta Zeta chapter at ERAU Prescott in Fall of '09)

I'm REALLY excited about it and I felt I had to share!

Oh heyy Theta Zeta! I'm Theta Omicron, ERAU DB :) congratulations on URI!

Oh and lately I've been thinking a lot about how things change for the better- a year ago, I was pretty convinced I would be accepted to the Air Force Academy and was not even considering greek life. Thankfully, my lovely RA/now sister got me to come out to recruitment (lots of "Just come meet the girls in the different sororities. Just meet them. If you don't like it, then you at least tried. But you are going to try." type things haha) and now I can't begin to imagine my life without Alpha Xi Delta. My other school choice was UMD, and I don't think I would've gotten things together to go through recruitment there, but probably would've been interested in this new group that's starting up again... ;)

amanda6035 08-16-2013 11:29 PM

My chapter just got their latest composite in, so I have to brag. I love these girls...

http://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.ne...05109276_n.jpg

XiLoveAXiD 10-15-2014 04:47 PM

I have this awesome AXiD track jacket, it’s got our crest on the back and a little heart sunshine on the back of the collar and our letters (and my chapter’s letters) on the front. I don’t really wear it to work much because it doesn’t have a hood and it’s kind of impractical for waiting around in the rain for all the kids to get picked up, but since it was chilly but not rainy yesterday, I decided to wear it.

We had a special guest from a local program come do a fun activity with the kids, something I was very excited about. As I was leading the kids outside to the space where we were doing this activity, I was walking backwards so I could keep an eye on my kids in line. When we got to our activity area, our special guest came up to me and said:

"I recognized the crest on the back of your jacket, I’ve never met another sister just out and about, I’m an Alpha Xi too!"

I was FLOORED! We did the handshake, she told me she was from University of Southern Maine, we hugged and got really excited about meeting each other, and then turned our attention back to the kids. After doing a little bit of digging, I’ve learned that she was a founding member of the chapter at USM! Such a small world!

It truly made my week meeting her. Even though I’m not an active alumna, it’s still lovely to meet another sister, especially one from so far away!