GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   COB - expected attire? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=131994)

Bmadison5 01-27-2013 07:52 PM

COB - expected attire?

I was just recently invited to have coffee with some members of a sorority at a competitive rush SEC school for COB, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to expected attire?

Wasn't sure if it was a jeans and a nice blouse kind of thing, or a casual dress and flats/sandals kind of thing -

any advice would be appreciated -

carnation 01-27-2013 08:13 PM

Could you text the girl who invited you?

AOII Angel 01-27-2013 08:20 PM

I agree with carnation. If all else fails, go on the dressier side. You don't want to be too casual, but a cute dress or pants won't ever look out of place in the situation you describe.

DubaiSis 01-27-2013 08:21 PM

I would dress on the nice end of how you would normally dress for that activity. You normally wear jeans and a sweatshirt? Maybe jeans, sweater and fun shoes/boots. Where you might not worry about your accessories, put a little more care into them for this. In other words, this isn't a "wear a cocktail dress" event, but you do want to look and feel your best, while still being appropriately dressed. First date with a guy you think is awesome... like that.

DeltaBetaBaby 01-27-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmadison5 (Post 2200073)
I was just recently invited to have coffee with some members of a sorority at a competitive rush SEC school for COB, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to expected attire?

Wasn't sure if it was a jeans and a nice blouse kind of thing, or a casual dress and flats/sandals kind of thing -

any advice would be appreciated -

What's the weather like near you? I sure as heck wouldn't wear a dress if it is miserable out.

Bmadison5 01-27-2013 09:17 PM

very warm! :)

33girl 01-27-2013 11:24 PM

Then if you can wear a dress (and you like wearing dresses) I don't think it would hurt. Flats instead of sandals though (it is still January no matter how you slice it).

ASTalumna06 01-28-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low C Sharp (Post 2200126)
I'm not trying to out the OP, but I was curious what the forecast is this week in the warmest SEC locations. WOW!! Pushing toward 80 degrees this week in more than one SEC town. I wasn't expecting to see those numbers anywhere in the continental US besides Miami.

Have a great time, Bmadison5!

I know that it's been very warm here in TX. 75-80 degrees the past few days. After having just moved from Jersey, I'm enjoying every minute of it :)

Sparkles21 02-01-2013 06:36 PM

I'm not at an SEC school, but my chapter is COB-ing this semester. If you're going to get coffee, I would go on the dressier side of "casual cute". Personally I would wear a nice top, skinny jeans and boots, but dress for the weather! I agree with 33girl, though, make sure you're dressed for the season and not like you're going to the beach.