GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Auburn Recruitment Starts in 2 Weeks!!! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=120864)

carnation 07-25-2011 08:49 AM

Auburn Recruitment Starts in 2 Weeks!!!

A big War Eagle to all!! Recruitment starts on the Plains in 2 weeks and we've already had several PNMs and moms post.

Advice to PNMs? Keep hydrated and keep your options open. Also, all those drop-dead gorgeous girls you see? They're as nervous as you are; they know that a bid, especially from 1 desired group, is not a sure thing for anyone. Don't let them get you down!

Enjoy recruitment and let us know how you're doing!

AuburnMom85 07-25-2011 09:04 PM

My daughter will one of those girls! I must admit...I'm ready for it all to be over and done!! She has a great attitude and is (hopefully) going into it with an open mind and heart. I feel pretty good about her recs.....she has at least one to 15/17.

I've enjoyed reading past recruitment stories and may try to do the same for her. At any rate, I'd love to hear from some more Auburn people! War Eagle!

AUAZD2001 07-26-2011 02:11 AM

Getting very excited. Auburn recruitment is my second favorite time of the year (just behind Christmas!) I'm heading up there on Skit Day and staying through Bid Day. Can't wait to hear all about how the week is going. Curious if anyone will be posting on Twitter? It truly is an excellent tool to follow along during a live event. Trying to come up with a great #hashtag. Any suggestions?

Lady Pi 07-26-2011 02:24 AM

#warrusheagle

lol!

AUAZD2001 07-26-2011 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Pi (Post 2073419)
#warrusheagle

lol!

Oh I like that!

Gamomof2 07-26-2011 05:38 PM

Our daughter will be going through recruitment at AU. Very excited and already starting to pack her room.

pam713 07-26-2011 07:23 PM

I'm going down next week to help out my daughter's chapter with pre-recruitment chores. Good luck to all of the PNMs and their moms! It was an extremely stressful week for us a couple of years ago, but all worth it in the end!

Aubie123 07-26-2011 10:13 PM

Auburn PNM! Good luck to everyone!

MOMto2 07-29-2011 02:49 PM

I will be headed down to Auburn to help my DD's chapter for Ice Water Teas. It seems that Au Panhellenic has done a great job getting information out to the PMNs by using Twitter, Facebook, and the Recruitment handbook. I know this should really help them know what to expect and hopefully take away a little of the stress. I know current members have also also been working hard to ensure a successful recruitment for all!

For those of you discussing a twitter name - I know Auburn has a couple of ways to follow if anyone is interested. You can follow Auburn Panhellenic at AU_Panhellenic. They now also have an official hashtag for recruitment: #AURecruitment2011.

Lastly, I was thinking of bringing some goodies for the sorority members but can't decide what would be best. I believe they have lunch taken care of. For those of you familiar with volunteering at recruitment, any suggestions as to what they may need or like to help get them through the busy week?

FSUZeta 07-29-2011 03:05 PM

snack foods-granola bars(or something similar), soft drinks, string cheese, fruit, juice boxes, m & m's, etc.

AUAZD2001 07-29-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOMto2 (Post 2074542)
Lastly, I was thinking of bringing some goodies for the sorority members but can't decide what would be best. I believe they have lunch taken care of. For those of you familiar with volunteering at recruitment, any suggestions as to what they may need or like to help get them through the busy week?

Flavor-Ice. They are pretty cheap and are WONDERFUL to soothe a sore throat from all the yelling. And they're great on an hot August day. The moms in our chapter cut them in half and passed them around between parties. But avoid the blue ones during parties. Blue teeth and mouth doesnt always make the best impression on the PNMs!

auskip 07-30-2011 03:35 PM

My wife will also be heading to Auburn in a few days to help with pre-recruitment and the first day of Ice Water Teas. I gave your Flavor-Ice and snack suggestions to her, FSUZeta and AUAZD.

wareagle 08-01-2011 08:58 PM

Hey y’all!! So… Recruitment is in just a few days and I am incredibly nervous. Someone told me that because more girls are going through recruitment at Auburn is year that less girls are going to get a bid. Is this true or should I just ignore them? :(

AZ-AlphaXi 08-01-2011 09:03 PM

the number of bids is based on the number of PNMs attending preference. Quota range is determined by dividing the number of PNMs by the number of chapters participating in recruitment.

For example, if there are 4 chapters and 20 PNMs then quota is 5, if there are 100 PNMs then quota is 25.

33girl 08-01-2011 09:05 PM

In other words, ignore them. :) More girls are going to get bids, not less - as long as they all keep an open mind to all the sororities and don't pick favorites too early in rush.