GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What's For Dinner? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=38016)

dekeguy 07-29-2005 03:29 PM

MMCAT,
Thanks much. I think I did pretty well. Dad and I discussed how I tackled the essay/problem questions and he thinks I covered the key points well enough to feel reasonably confident. The other parts were not quite as bad as I expected, so, hopefully... Dinner was great and I am still semi comotose. As regards your cotto salami comfort food, may I suggest an alternative? Toasted Italian bread spread with Boscoli Olive Salad and parma ham, hard salami, mortadella, and provolone cheese. If you can't find Boscoli Olive salad make sure the one used is olive oil based not vinegar based as it makes a great difference. Very close to a real New Orleans Muffeleta sandwich and world class comfort food. Enjoy!

WCUgirl 07-29-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AOIIalum
Recipe, please?

Congrats on the weight loss!

Yes -- did he ever share the recipe?

I started marinating some steaks last night, so we'll cook those tonight, along w/ baked potatoes and rolls, and probably some corn.

Tom Earp 07-29-2005 06:08 PM

For Those that Cannot Eat (Honey):( Drink, it worked for me!

Sorry Sweet Love.

Toamatoe, Bacon and Mayo Sambiches, finish off Baked Beans.:)

Hell, when You get Fresh Maters, dont let go to waste!:D

DZGirl, sounds like Sushi and Me and Mex! Only Eblenola English for sure, but love Mex. Damn think I will do that Sat!!! Need to stock up In Referes!!!! Beans of Course!:cool:

BBQ, May do Ribs Sun! Damn sounding GOOOOOD!:D

mmcat 07-30-2005 01:04 AM

half an italian sub delivered hot quickly....peaches and mexican cinnamon cookies.

Tom Earp 08-03-2005 06:12 PM

BBQ Ribs, Sweet Tater (Yam) for the Southerners, with alot of Butter and Rolls with Butter.:)

mmcat 08-04-2005 12:04 AM

a free incredibles bar burger with cheese. every wednesday in the summertime, the bar offers up about 25-30 burgers with chips. burgers are grillled on the porch and not all that bad. but you have to catch them when they are there -- otherwise it's like the last meal in stearage on the titanic if you are late.

Proverbs31 08-04-2005 03:47 PM

It's happy hour at Applebees! I'll get my usual: an order of potato skins and classic buffalo wings! (No, I'm not counting calories, lol) :D

KSigkid 08-04-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dekeguy
MMCAT,
Thanks much. I think I did pretty well. Dad and I discussed how I tackled the essay/problem questions and he thinks I covered the key points well enough to feel reasonably confident. The other parts were not quite as bad as I expected, so, hopefully... Dinner was great and I am still semi comotose. As regards your cotto salami comfort food, may I suggest an alternative? Toasted Italian bread spread with Boscoli Olive Salad and parma ham, hard salami, mortadella, and provolone cheese. If you can't find Boscoli Olive salad make sure the one used is olive oil based not vinegar based as it makes a great difference. Very close to a real New Orleans Muffeleta sandwich and world class comfort food. Enjoy!

That does sound good - sounds like something right out of an Italian deli.

It makes me want to go down to the North End tonight and have a sub. Too bad my cousin doesn't still own his Italian deli back in CT, I used to get free food all the time.

Tom Earp 08-06-2005 05:59 PM

Left Over Pizza! Oh Well, got to go where Ya got to go!

:D

Tom Earp 08-08-2005 07:01 PM

Ham, Beans and Corn Bread!!! Got to Go!:D

dekeguy 08-09-2005 09:29 AM

I went home last night intending to have a couple of brews and a sandwich. Got home and found my sister had driven in from DC and was getting creative in the kitchen. She had a nice bottle of Australian Chard open so I had a glass and offered to help. Sit back and watch the master chef at work, I was told. She made a starter of Oysters Foch and then stuffed some boneless quail with a cajun dirty rice stuffing. She grilled some asparagus with butter and fresh garlic and finished up with bananas foster. OK, I admit it, she is a great chef.

dzfan 08-09-2005 04:02 PM

dekeguy, that sounds awesome!! so jealous!! Last night I had to pick up food at Whole Foods which was good but not homemade -- just had corn salad, green beans and steak.

Tom Earp 08-09-2005 04:06 PM

dekeguy, You are a rotton SOB. Damn, I am salavating at the moment! Dawg!!

Trying to decide what to do for left over as is so damn HOT in KC.

Cold Salmon, Lemon, or Left over Ham and Beans, Corn Bread slathered with Oleo!:(

Are You just BSing?:D

KSigkid 08-09-2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dekeguy
I went home last night intending to have a couple of brews and a sandwich. Got home and found my sister had driven in from DC and was getting creative in the kitchen. She had a nice bottle of Australian Chard open so I had a glass and offered to help. Sit back and watch the master chef at work, I was told. She made a starter of Oysters Foch and then stuffed some boneless quail with a cajun dirty rice stuffing. She grilled some asparagus with butter and fresh garlic and finished up with bananas foster. OK, I admit it, she is a great chef.
You are the King of the "What's for Dinner" thread.

Alpha Sig Scott 08-09-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KSigkid
You are the King of the "What's for Dinner" thread.
No doubt, you eat well.