GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Phi Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Help for the bruhs (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=10889)

The Original Ape 10-14-2001 09:25 PM

Help for the bruhs

Ladies,

Give us bruhs a sample of an opening statement that WILL appeal to you; and keep it real yall.

Ideal08 10-15-2001 12:08 PM

LMAO

Opening statement? LOL :D

I'll be back on this, though...

CrimsonTide4 10-15-2001 02:23 PM

:CONFRUSED:

Opening Statement as in when you step to a woman??

LOL @ the term "opening statement"

The Original Ape 10-15-2001 03:36 PM

answer to ya question...

yeah; what else?:rolleyes:

CrimsonTide4 10-15-2001 04:26 PM

Re: answer to ya question...

Quote:

Originally posted by The Original Ape
yeah; what else?:rolleyes:
How about HELLO:p
How about hmmmmmmm I don't know. I have never really been picked up before. I more or less talk to people I know or get introduced to friends of friends.

Guys who I strike up convos with while out and about usually happen in the wackiest of ways. We might both be talking about the same tacky dresser or something like that.

Basically, be yourself. Be Sincere. Talk to them the way you want to be talked to. Treat them like they are special. Don't do the PSSSSSSSST thing!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ideal08 10-15-2001 04:32 PM

Ok, I'm back...

I think that the best opening statement is just an introduction. No game, no lines, just excuse yourself, ask her how she's doing, and introduce yourself. If she wants to know you, too, she'll offer an introduction as well. If either of you are good conversationalists, what to talk about won't be a problem.

Another good thing, and this is kinda odd, and only works in some circumstances, compliment her on her shoes. Women LOVE shoes, and we LOVE when men notice what we LOVE. Feel me? Plus, shoes are/can be sexy, so there could be an underlying meaning to your compliment. Know what I'm sayin'? ;)

Steeltrap 10-15-2001 05:16 PM

Refinement

A good approach is:

"Hi, my name is (fill in the blank)."
After the firm handshake, you can fill in with
"How are you this evening? I think you look nice."

Refined women should take to this very well. None of this "psst" business, please. That's for chickenheads, not intelligent women.

Special1920 10-15-2001 06:17 PM

Keep it simple

Hello, how are you?
It's a nice day, don't you think?

Dexter 10-15-2001 08:10 PM

Oh Please Bruh!! Do you really think that you are going to get an honest answer out of them? You can't expect that because THEY DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES. Before all of you ladies start beating me down, let me explain. Every woman, although similar in many ways, is a different personality. You can never approach one woman the same way that you approached another. For instance the sister that said she likes a man that notices her shoes because woman like shoes, could never be approached by the a man that isn't fashion conscience to women's apparrel. She would actually be turned on by Al Bundy! :p My advice is to just be yourself. Either she likes what you present to her or she doesn't. Me , I'm a joker. Some women like a funny man and some don't. So before I got married, I took my chances. When I met my wife, I gave her a fake name and told her I was from Nebraska. I made up the name and said that meant child of the new moon harvest in Swahili. (How many people speak Swahili in NebraskaAfter she found out the truth, she laughed at the fact that for weeks she was calling me by this other name thinking that I was some hill-billy. But she knew that I could always make her smile.

............Think about it

CrimsonTide4 10-15-2001 08:16 PM

I agree

Quote:

Originally posted by Dexter
Oh Please Bruh!! Do you really think that you are going to get an honest answer out of them? You can't expect that because THEY DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES. Before all of you ladies start beating me down, let me explain. Every woman, although similar in many ways, is a different personality. You can never approach one woman the same way that you approached another. For instance the sister that said she likes a man that notices her shoes because woman like shoes, could never be approached by the a man that isn't fashion conscience to women's apparrel. She would actually be turned on by Al Bundy! :p My advice is to just be yourself. Either she likes what you present to her or she doesn't. Me , I'm a joker. Some women like a funny man and some don't. So before I got married, I took my chances. When I met my wife, I gave her a fake name and told her I was from Nebraska. I made up the name and said that meant child of the new moon harvest in Swahili. (How many people speak Swahili in NebraskaAfter she found out the truth, she laughed at the fact that for weeks she was calling me by this other name thinking that I was some hill-billy. But she knew that I could always make her smile.

............Think about it

I said the saaaaaaame thing, MAAAAN!!! :p ;)
Be Yourself, etc. etc.:p

novella000 10-15-2001 10:37 PM

I always like it when a guy can dredge up INTELLIGENT conversation about our surroundings... Like if I am in the bookstore flipping through a book -- he can ask if I like the author, and then suggest other books of similar subject matter, or by the same author. I love me some reading brothers...

One of my Xs first got my interest by walking up to me after a party with this huge grin on his face and telling me I was "Sooooo cute" and kinda reaching to out chuck my chin. We spoke briefly about the party and he left me there wating on my girls while he left with his frat... I got suckered RIGHT IN. Damn game. :rolleyes:

Steeltrap 10-16-2001 11:13 AM

Regarding Dexter's explanation

OK, maybe I should have said the approach I outlined above works for me, myself and I.
;)

Ideal08 10-16-2001 11:34 AM

Re: Regarding Dexter's explanation

Quote:

Originally posted by Steeltrap
OK, maybe I should have said the approach I outlined above works for me, myself and I.
;)

Ditto, soror! :)

Oh, and um, Dexter, lol, you ain't have to go there with Al Bundy! LOL! :p

Dexter 10-16-2001 01:20 PM

Re: I agree

Quote:

Originally posted by CrimsonTide4

I said the saaaaaaame thing, MAAAAN!!! :p ;)
Be Yourself, etc. etc.:p

\

My statement was made to support what you were saying sista.
But women speak in a way that is sometimes indirect. I just shot the arrow straight for you. Ideal/ Al Bundy, awwww dem jus jokes baby:p i just wanted to say that the question needs to be restructured to say: What would you like for a man to consider before approaching you?

jihad1906 10-16-2001 06:17 PM

What up
Bruhs i must agree with the ladies, the best way to meet a woman is to be your self. a man must know himself, his strenghs and his weaknesses. and as all true bruhs know just let the
light shinelight shine
now ;) speaking from experience a man can actually pssst a real woman >;-), but ... but ...I did say but, It depends of the social setting and the man has to make it known that he's just joking, and be ready to follow up with some real conversation and you must be a joker
i repeat
you must be a joker and you better be funnyyou must be a joker and you better be funny
Always remember each woman is unique and special even the "chicken heads, and hoochies"

To thine own self be true