GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Resigning From Organization then Joining Another? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=227474)

aephi alum 06-08-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naraht (Post 2433147)
Being in both Alpha Phi Omega and a Social Fraternity goes back *all* the way to the beginning. <snip> Not sure when the first occurence of joining Alpha Phi Omega first and then joining a social, but I'd bet *quite* early.

More than likely, is my WAG.

I pledged a local that, about a year after I was initiated, became a chapter of AEPhi. One of the women who founded the local is an APO brother. I'm sure she's not the first brother to found a new social GLO (a local or a chapter of a national GLO) but I'd be interested to know who was... and which GLO.

Billy_Optimist 06-11-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2433027)
None of this makes a damned bit of sense. I seriously call bull$hit.

Well, it is all true. I could less what someone from the internet thinks.

You should kill yourself.

You are embarrassment to Theta, and, far from a lady.

Billy_Optimist 06-11-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna (Post 2433015)
Notebook? I have no idea what all that means.

An order/charge/chapter/whatever is said to be "notebooked," or, a "note-book order" if their ritual books are spiral bound, like a notebook. They are in the dark (i.e. missing significant portions of their rituals)

ARKTTKA 06-11-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy_Optimist (Post 2433680)
Well, it is all true. I could less what someone from the internet thinks.

You should kill yourself.

You are embarrassment to Theta, and, far from a lady.

WOW! Are you allowed to interact with other people in the real world? "You should kill yourself" REALLY?

Kevin 06-12-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARKTTKA (Post 2433688)
WOW! Are you allowed to interact with other people in the real world? "You should kill yourself" REALLY?

He's mentally ill, I believe.

That said, we're only going to tolerate so much of that nonsense.

naraht 06-12-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aephi alum (Post 2433428)
More than likely, is my WAG.

I pledged a local that, about a year after I was initiated, became a chapter of AEPhi. One of the women who founded the local is an APO brother. I'm sure she's not the first brother to found a new social GLO (a local or a chapter of a national GLO) but I'd be interested to know who was... and which GLO.

Well, my expectation is a) given that APO didn't allow women until 1976 (as full brothers) that it was probably a fraternity and b) That it has happened, simply because of the tens of thousands of men who have been chartering brothers for a social GLO between 1925 and 1976, the chances that all of them were not APO is small.

Beyond that, I'm not sure where to research that, the Alpha Phi Omega national magazine might or might not cover that, but perhaps the magazines for the individual social fraternities.