GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Transfer (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=235341)

fogartyl3 09-22-2017 02:55 PM

Transfer

Hiiii,

So I'm currently at one school right now and I'm a member of a sorority. I've been initiated and everything so I'm officially a member of that sorority. I'm going to be transferring to a new school next school year but I don't know if I'll be able to rush a sorority there if I'm already in one at my school now. I'm between a few schools but I'll be deciding kind of soon but I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question: if I transfer to a new school that doesn't have the sorority I'm in now at my current school, can I rush a different one or am I only allowed to rush the sorority I'm in now? One other question I have is if I'm only able to rush the one I'm in now is there a chance of me not getting into it at another school?

Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it!!

carnation 09-22-2017 03:00 PM

That's right! You can't rush again!

If your current group won't affilate you, then you must go alum.

NYCMS 09-22-2017 03:10 PM

Sorority membership is for life. Once initiated, you cannot join another one just because a school doesn't have your chapter. As carnation said, the option in your case is to go to alum status.

thetalady 09-22-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fogartyl3 (Post 2442665)
Hiiii,

So I'm currently at one school right now and I'm a member of a sorority. I've been initiated and everything so I'm officially a member of that sorority. I'm going to be transferring to a new school next school year but I don't know if I'll be able to rush a sorority there if I'm already in one at my school now. I'm between a few schools but I'll be deciding kind of soon but I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question: if I transfer to a new school that doesn't have the sorority I'm in now at my current school, can I rush a different one or am I only allowed to rush the sorority I'm in now? One other question I have is if I'm only able to rush the one I'm in now is there a chance of me not getting into it at another school?

Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it!!

Are you a member of an NPC sorority? If so, you are done with NPC sororities. You do not "rush" your own organization, if there is a chapter at your transfer school. You ask to "affiliate" with the new chapter. You do not have the option of joining any other NPC sorority, but could join a service organization or perhaps a local, depending on their rules.

jolene 09-22-2017 10:43 PM

As Thetalady said, contact the chapter, hang out with them and see if you gel. If so, try to affiliate. Otherwise, you'll stay an alumna.

FSUZeta 09-24-2017 07:53 AM

Your best answer is going to come from your national sorority headquarters. Phone them and ask how the affiliation process works.

thetalady 09-24-2017 01:37 PM

Looks like another "I have an ultra special and unique circumstance, so can't I rush again?" post where the OP never comes back. Getting tired of these....