GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   A Law and Order UK Recruitment--Spring 2012 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=124270)

Jill1228 01-14-2012 05:25 PM

A Law and Order UK Recruitment--Spring 2012

My goddaughter and her roommate are in the process of going through recruitment at their school. There are 4 NPC chapters on her campus. Recs are not required; however, she was able to secure recs for all 4 chapters.

The chapters on campus are:
Alpha Sigma Alpha
Chi Omega
Delta Gamma
Phi Mu

I have told her not to trip over tent talk and reputation rumors. I have drilled into her TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND.

I love the fact that she and her roommate are NOT talking about recruitment. I didn’t advise her to do that. She said she is going to “trust the system”.

Since I LOVE the show Law and Order UK, I am going to use characters from the first four seasons of the show as chapter code names. Hell, I love me some Ben Daniels and Jamie Bamber :D

Code names are:
Ronnie
Matt
James
Alesha

She loves her Pi Chi and girls that are in her Pi Chi group.
To be continued...

If you figure out the school, so be it

Jill1228 01-14-2012 08:33 PM

My goddaughter chatted with me via FB at the end of each night. So I am just going by our chat notes :)

Recruitment is 3 days and then Bid Day.
Day 1:
She visited (in order): James, Ronnie, Alesha and Matt. She told me that she was super nervous; however, my girl handled it like a champ.
JAMES-the person who greeted her happened to be a friend of hers, which instantly calmed her down. She got into some few in-depth conversations with the sisters. Conversations flowed well at James. She really liked this chapter and felt very comfortable here. This was definitely one of her favorite chapters.
RONNIE was the next chapter. She had a lot of small talk here. There were some very personable girls; however, there were a lot more awkward conversation moments. She met a lot more sisters in Ronnie than she did in James. Unfortunately, she left Ronnie thinking that this group might not be for her. She just didn’t get a genuine vibe.
ALESHA was the next chapter. She said it felt like she was going to James—except she met more sisters from Alesha than she did at James. She felt very comfortable here and told me that this is one of her favorite chapters. She loved the fact that they were quite a few athletic girls.
MATT –The girls were very sweet. She had good conversations, but has reservations. She felt that she would not be compatible with them
After visiting all chapters, they were to rank three top choices and one second place. She automatically knew her first two; however she had difficulty getting that third #1 choice and kept flip flopping between Matt and Ronnie to put as her second choice. She eventually came to a decision and ranked them as such:
James
Alesha
Matt
Ronnie

Afterward, she was debating on whether she should have switched the order of Ronnie and Matt. I assured her that she was right to go with her first instinct. She was afraid that she would not get invited back to 3 chapters. I told her after talking to her boyfriend (who is an ATO at North Carolina) to get some rest, hang with her roommate and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Leslie Anne 01-14-2012 08:38 PM

Looking forward to hearing more!

Jill1228 01-14-2012 09:25 PM

Day 2 started as a cluster f*ck for goddaughter. She picked out a lovely blouse and skirt. Unfortunately, the zipper broke on the skirt and the blouse had a hole in it. At the last minute, she pulled together an outfit with super cute shoes. She got LOTS of compliments on the shoes

She and her roommate went to
JAMES
MATT
ALESHA

JAMES decided to make their night a philanthropy night. She enjoyed doing their activity. Conversation was awesome and she had a lot of fun. She said she LOVED James, ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM
MATT did a sisterhood night. After day 1, she was having a LOT of reservations about this chapter. As I previously stated, she was debating on if she did the right thing about putting Matt before Ronnie. She heard some gossip about Matt—gotta love the tent talk from the previous semester...NOT! I told her NOT to listen to the tent talk bullshit. She is her own woman and can form her own opinions.
WHAT A TWIST. After day 2 Matt became one of her favorite groups

The final chapter of the night was ALESHA, which WAS one of her favorites last night. Alesha also opted to do a sisterhood night. After day 2, she found them awkward and conversations didn’t go anywhere until she started talking about food. She also talked to the same people she spoke with on Day 1. She was kind of disappointed that she didn’t talk to anyone new.

After day 2, they were to pick two #1 choices and 1 second choice. She was flip flopping between Matt and Alesha. She was so stuck on thinking she should not like Matt as much that she originally ranked them James, Alesha and Matt. After second thought and going with her instinct she ranked them as
such:
James
Matt
Alesha

I don’t know how her roommate ranked
The next round is. She gets her invites at 1:45 and then her Pi Chi group meets at 5:30. Pref starts at 6. She realizes that if she and her roommate don’t go to the same house that it is ALL GOOD. She was concerned that only one group will ask her to pref.
I told her to just have a great night, chill and NOT STRESS ABOUT RECRUITMENT…
and text me as SOON as she finds out where she and her roommate are going to pref.

FSUZeta 01-14-2012 10:53 PM

fingers crossed for god daughter and friend.

Jill1228 01-14-2012 11:30 PM

Pref was tonight. I am STILL waiting on her to get back to me on how things went. She might be totally drained after tonight and trust me, I GET IT! She did text me as soon as she and her roommate got their pref invites

Goddaughter went to:
JAMES and MATT
roommate is going to
JAMES and ALESHA

So it is possible that roommates could be sisters! They have been friends since high school :)
Now we wait...

Jill1228 01-15-2012 06:14 PM

I might not get the details on pref until this coming weekend. I am heading back east this weekend because my best friend will be having surgery. Goddaughter will be coming home next weekend.
Her mother is my oldest and best friend and I am going there to be by her side

Goddaughter ranked her pref choices:
James
Matt

Roommate ranked hers
James
Alesha

So will the roommates be sisters?

And yes, I realize once I type the next paragraph y'all will be able to figure out the code names...

Which crown prosecutor will tickle the roommate's fancy? Alesha or James? Will she give a hoot or will it be anchors away?

Which hot man will win my goddaughter's heart? Is it the hot cop (Matt) or the hot senior crown prosecutor with the sexy voice (James)?

Will she give a hoot or roar like a lioness?

To be continued... :D

scrapcat 01-15-2012 07:44 PM

Love this story! I hope your GD gets her top pick (I'm hoping it just might be one of my two fave sororites! - you know which one!)

Jill1228 01-15-2012 08:33 PM

CONFESSION: Goddaughter texted me the minute she opened her bid card. However, she asked me to keep it on the down low and I honored that.
Now that she has updated her Facebook, she has given me the green light to spill the beans :)

After a very hard decision on goddaughter's part (filling out that pref card was NOT easy). She and her roommate decided they liked the guy with the voice that could melt butter...

The Senior Crown Prosecutor
JAMES

otherwise known as...

CHI OMEGA

She is HELLA stoked. I will be posting a photo in a bit

Jill1228 01-15-2012 09:24 PM

Roanoke College Chi Omega back of Bid Day shirts (modeled by my goddaughter)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...iddayshirt.jpg

The new member class
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ill/ChiONM.jpg

My goddaughter is dead center in the back row
Her roommate is in the front row second from the right

txAOII_15 01-15-2012 09:52 PM

yay! so happy for your goddaughter and chi-o!

ElieM 01-15-2012 09:56 PM

Yay! Congratulations.

I love James Steele. I think he's almost better than the real McCoy :)

Jill1228 01-15-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElieM (Post 2118279)
Yay! Congratulations.

I love James Steele. I think he's almost better than the real McCoy :)

Yes lord! James Steel rocks! Ben Daniels has a gorgeous voice :D Must stop swooning....

dukemama 01-16-2012 09:00 AM

Congratulations to your goddaughter on Chi Omega! That's a great bid day shirt, BTW.

P.S. Knowing now that this is Roanoke College, it's pretty obvious that Matt = Delta Gamma. One of my HS friends pledged DG at Roanoke.

Jill1228 01-16-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukemama (Post 2118321)
Congratulations to your goddaughter on Chi Omega! That's a great bid day shirt, BTW.

P.S. Knowing now that this is Roanoke College, it's pretty obvious that Matt = Delta Gamma. One of my HS friends pledged DG at Roanoke.

I mentioned roommate possibly going Anchors Away :)

Matt=Phi Mu
Alesha=Delta Gamma
Ronnie=Alpha Sigma Alpha