GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Michigan State Sororities (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=113983)

Love&Loyalty 05-28-2010 02:14 AM

Michigan State Sororities

Hi Ladies,

So here's the deal yall: I'm a southern Kappa with a double leg in front of me. My youngest sister is attending Michigan State this Fall/2010. I never thought of her as the sorority type but lately she's has been inquiring about recruitment. So obviously I am ecstatic. And of course I want her to join our family of Kappas but more importantly, I want her to join a sorority that makes her college experience as fabulous as mine. So I need your help!!! I want to know everything about each sorority: the good, bad and the ugly. I need to know now that way I can steer her in the right direction. Thanks!

Psi U MC Vito 05-28-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love&Loyalty (Post 1936066)
Hi Ladies,

So here's the deal yall: I'm a southern Kappa with a double leg in front of me. My youngest sister is attending Michigan State this Fall/2010. I never thought of her as the sorority type but lately she's has been inquiring about recruitment. So obviously I am ecstatic. And of course I want her to join our family of Kappas but more importantly, I want her to join a sorority that makes her college experience as fabulous as mine. So I need your help!!! I want to know everything about each sorority: the good, bad and the ugly. I want to know who's hot? Who's not? Who parties? Who doesn't? Who is way too into sorority life? Who's strange? Who's the rejects? Who's the top house? So ladies be honest and unapologetic. I need to know now that way I can steer her in the right direction. Thanks!

WTF? You are in a sorority yet have the nerve to be asking for reputations yourself? huh?

Drolefille 05-28-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love&Loyalty (Post 1936066)
Hi Ladies,

So here's the deal yall: I'm a southern Kappa with a double leg in front of me. My youngest sister is attending Michigan State this Fall/2010. I never thought of her as the sorority type but lately she's has been inquiring about recruitment. So obviously I am ecstatic. And of course I want her to join our family of Kappas but more importantly, I want her to join a sorority that makes her college experience as fabulous as mine. So I need your help!!! I want to know everything about each sorority: the good, bad and the ugly. I want to know who's hot? Who's not? Who parties? Who doesn't? Who is way too into sorority life? Who's strange? Who's the rejects? Who's the top house? So ladies be honest and unapologetic. I need to know now that way I can steer her in the right direction. Thanks!

If you want her to be happy, help her get recs for all of the chapters and go into recruitment with an open mind.

If you want to control her just force her to choose Kappa and spare the rest of us the trash talk that exists when you think there's a 'hot and a not.'

Drolefille 05-28-2010 02:26 AM

From the KKG random thread in 2009:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Love&Loyalty (Post 1867038)
Hi Ladies!
So my youngest sister is starting college next year! yay! She is looking at Michigan State and Washington State University. I would love her to be a Kappa (she'd be a triple leg!) but I am also hoping she finds a sorority that is the right fit for her. I am wondering if yall know Kappa's ranking on these two campuses. I need an objective description. I know Kappa is an amazing organization everywhere, but on my campus we were top house and I prefer my sister stays within that trend. Please let me know any and all thoughts yall have on these Kappa Chapters and attach some pictures if possible! (Pictures are worth a thousand words... specifically if the Kappas are attractive and dynamic!) Thanks yall. Have a lovely night!
Love&Loyalty

You posted this previously and got no public response. This should have been a hint.

"I want my sister to be happy but only if she's with the pretty popular people! OMG Send pics"

ETA: ROFL and you chastised people for posting pics in your first post here. 4 posts, 3 of which were elitist and condescending and 1 wanting to be a DCC.

Maybe you should start over.

Psi U MC Vito 05-28-2010 02:31 AM

How did the sister go from a triple leg to a double leg?

Love&Loyalty 05-28-2010 02:36 AM

I was counting my Aunt--which I now know is not a true legacy. So I was a double leg and my youngest sister is now a triple leg. I'm sorry to upset everyone above. I just want to know the stereotypes or reputations because I do not wish my sister to be associated with the wrong type of girls. Please accept my apologies and thank you for any helpful information you may provide.

Drolefille 05-28-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito (Post 1936075)
How did the sister go from a triple leg to a double leg?

I have no idea. I'm so confused by the whole leg thing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Love&Loyalty (Post 1936076)
I was counting my Aunt--which I now know is not a true legacy. So I was a double leg and my youngest sister is now a triple leg. I'm sorry to upset everyone above. I just want to know the stereotypes or reputations because I do not wish my sister to be associated with the wrong type of girls. Please accept my apologies and thank you for any helpful information you may provide.

You SHOULD know better and trust your sister to find people she likes without judging them to be 'the wrong kind of girls.' Particularly since there is no such definition (are the wrong kind of girls partiers? Ugly? Poor? Communications students? See what I mean?)

Help her get recs for the chapters that are on campus and encourage her to go through recruitment with an open mind and to meet women she likes and fits in with. And if the process works for her and she finds a chapter where she is happy and who likes her as well, then be happy for her and don't judge them on their etiquette or accents or which combination of letters they wear.

ETA: I really don't suspect that you will change mind you. since being in a 'top' house is soooo important. But I feel doomed to try nonetheless.

Leslie Anne 05-28-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volleyball29 (Post 1936083)
A. If you are from the south why is she going to aschool like 3,000 miles from the south?
B. It doesn't matter if they are top tier at those schools, she can affiliate with your chapter when she comes home and then be part of the "hot girls". Michigan State does have over 50 Greek organizations so Kappa is probally decent there.
C. I am not being mean but it is the north so it probally isn't as competative with Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, Delta Gamma, or Sigma Kappa as it is in the south.
D. They are a very legit sorority which requires a 3.5 GPA from Freshman! I would say with those standards they are very good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volleyball29 (Post 1936084)
If she is going to a school in the north how is she suppose to get recs from alumna of that chapter? I would say it is kinda pointless to brag about being a triple legacy or double if that isn't your familie's chapter because the other schools don't know your family or anything about them.

A. You clearly don't know anything about recs.
B. You also don't know anything about legacies.
C. You're a moron.

If you don't know anything about the topic at hand, don't post!

violetpretty 05-28-2010 06:45 AM

You've got the wrong site. We don't discuss reputations on GC. Also, your sister's head will be filled with plenty of garbage during recruitment about who the best and worst chapters are.

Kappamd 05-28-2010 08:56 AM

Wtf is with the crazy Kappa threads this week?

FSUZeta 05-28-2010 09:27 AM

^school's out for the summer(most places)^.

volleyball, just so you know-a rec. does not have to be from a chapter alumna, just from an alumna of that particular sorority. i went to florida state, however, i can send a rec. to any zta chapter anywhere, because i am an alumna in good standing. i could even write a rec. for love&loyalty's sister, because michigan state has a zeta chapter.

AOII Angel 05-28-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Anne (Post 1936087)
A. You clearly don't know anything about recs.
B. You also don't know anything about legacies.
C. You're a moron.

If you don't know anything about the topic at hand, don't post!

Love bean?

groovypq 05-28-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1936077)
I have no idea. I'm so confused by the whole leg thing.

I am too! Took me a couple posts to realize "leg" was short for "legacy." I saw "double leg in front of me" and thought she was talking either code or about some physical issue.

AZTheta 05-28-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 1936131)
Love bean?

!!!!!

what was your first clue? could it be all the !!!!!!!

!!!!!

AOII Angel 05-28-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 1936145)
!!!!!

what was your first clue? could it be all the !!!!!!!

!!!!!

Hee hee...or the bad advice which is her specialty along with her alter ego, miss_e.;)