GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

BabyPiNK_FL 02-10-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als463 (Post 1895380)
Hahahaha...Sadly enough, you can say it. It was a Phi Mu chapter. They also have Phi Mu "symbol" type of bathing suits at Target, as well.

When you posted this my first thought is A) It's not us! We never have quatrefoils on anything, people don't even know what to call that shape! My next thought was: WHERE CAN SOME QUATREFOIL UNDERWEAR! My sisters are SOO cool! (This sounds exactly like something I would STILL do!) LOL! (Although I'm still kinda glad it wasn't us!) :o

ADPiTigergurl 02-11-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA (Post 1895527)
lol--Target had some pink, green, and white sweaters during spring 08. We grabbed all of the sizes we could at our local target for our new girls, and snagged four more at the Target half an hr away.

If you see any AKA videos on youtube from around Jan to May of 08, about half of them have those sweaters. Lol. My chapter wasn't the only one out for them. :)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...HL._AA354_.jpg

Yeah I understand the color things... I actually have purchased a TON of Blue and WHite stuff! I see it eveywhere and I'm just like it ADPI color I must have it. It also probably doesn't help by college and highschool's color is blue. SO I completely understand, but something about anchor underwear just doesn't sit well with me. Although for all the DG's out there, ya'll should hit up your local Charlote Russe. My Alpha gam friend and I were there today, and boy did they have a butt load of anchors. They were everywhere and on everything.

ASTalumna06 02-11-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADPiTigergurl (Post 1895739)
Yeah I understand the color things... I actually have purchased a TON of Blue and WHite stuff! I see it eveywhere and I'm just like it ADPI color I must have it. It also probably doesn't help by college and highschool's color is blue. SO I completely understand, but something about anchor underwear just doesn't sit well with me. Although for all the DG's out there, ya'll should hit up your local Charlote Russe. My Alpha gam friend and I were there today, and boy did they have a butt load of anchors. They were everywhere and on everything.

I was actually looking at their website yesterday and I didn't really see anything with anchors on it. I think I saw one shirt. They must have VERY different things in the stores.

NothingBetter 02-12-2010 12:30 AM

Ok, this is definitely not the weirdest on the thread, but my sisters and I all still laugh at it.

One of my sisters, when she was going through formal recruitment, the rho chi's messed up her name tag so it randomly had a "5" on the end of her name. To every active sister during the first day that asked her why there was a 5 there, or if they looked puzzled about her name tag, she'd say "Oh the 5 is silent." She said that every girl she talked to that day except for the girls in one house did NOT get the joke, and instead said something like, "Oh...that was weird of your parents..." (No offense meant to those girls! I am sure it was a long day for them. But still...)

In fact, she ended up choosing our chapter BECAUSE the active sister she said the same joke to actually understood, and laughed accordingly.

Ghostwriter 02-12-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NothingBetter (Post 1896091)
Ok, this is definitely not the weirdest on the thread, but my sisters and I all still laugh at it.

One of my sisters, when she was going through formal recruitment, the rho chi's messed up her name tag so it randomly had a "5" on the end of her name. To every active sister during the first day that asked her why there was a 5 there, or if they looked puzzled about her name tag, she'd say "Oh the 5 is silent." She said that every girl she talked to that day except for the girls in one house did NOT get the joke, and instead said something like, "Oh...that was weird of your parents..." (No offense meant to those girls! I am sure it was a long day for them. But still...)

In fact, she ended up choosing our chapter BECAUSE the active sister she said the same joke to actually understood, and laughed accordingly.

Funny and cute.

Ghostwriter 02-12-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito (Post 1895413)
WTF!!

Honest to God true story! Scared the heck out of me.

livelaughluv 02-17-2010 03:04 AM

Well, now that I'm done going through recruitment, to go into more detail, I had a couple funny experiences, nothing really too shocking:

1. At my beloved Alpha Chi on skit night, after the performance I was talking to a sister when suddenly we heard a loud thud and a bunch of girls ran into the kitchen. I found out later on bid day that one of the sisters had actually passed out during the round! :eek:

2. At one of the sororities, a sister and I started talking about movies and when I brought up the Lovely Bones, she was like "Oh, I don't really like sci-fi horror movies".I didn't really know what to say, and so there was an extended awkward silence. But then again, this same girl told me that I shouldn't really make the crafts at any of the chapters because they didn't really matter.

Again, not revolutionary, but I have 3 years of recruitment to get better stories haha

ScarletBlueGold 03-05-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1777442)
Now that Bid Day is over I can finally tell this gem!

Last semester, I was sitting in a large lecture class wearing my letters when a girl comes up to me and compliments me on them. She says...

Her: Omg I love your letters! I think I'm rushing next semester!
Me: Thank you so much! And thats great...rushing is such a great thing to do.
Her: Yeahhh I'm soooo excited to rush, but I'm so nervous about pledging!
Me: Oh, why are you nervous for pledging? It's really a good experience, and sororities at this school do not haze.
Her: Well, I know in order to become a sister you have to suck the dick of every guy in whatever fraternity you girls choose. So, like, even though I'm TOTALLY ready to do that, I'm kinda nervous! Which frat do you girls blow?
Me: uhhhhhhhh....um....what?

Once I was over my speechlessness, I attempted to assure her that no, no one actually does that. She didn't believe me, but...at least I tried.

So, low and behold, blowjob girl decides to rush.

At a rush party, she kept going on about how much she looooooved us in the creepiest way possible. How much she loved our colors, how she has "a shitload" of crescent jewelry, and how excited she was to be a future sister of Betsey Johnson (I guess she confused us with Alpha Xi Delta). She went on to tell my sister how much she loved our badge, and how she was looking for one on ebay so she could be ready for her initiation.

To put things shortly, she is not a new member in our house.

You had the opportunity to potential drastically improve relations with whatever Fraternity you chose, and you threw it all away...

I haven't seen a lot of guys post on this thing, but I can assure you that there are plenty of weird things that go on.

So we were having this recruitment event at an arcade. We drove all of the guys there and there was this one guy who was particularly quiet. I tried to start a conversation with him several times. Typically, I can have a conversation with drywall, but this guy was possibly the single most difficult person in the world to talk to.

Anyway, it seemed like he wasn't having any fun, so I go up to him and ask him if he wants to play one of the two player games with me. I play him, I beat him, and (as a joke) I say, "well that was a test, and it looks like you're not getting in".

He walks away laugh-less (everyone has bombed a joke at least once during recruitment). Sits in a corner and is on the verge of tears for the rest of the event. I gave him some time before I walked up and apologized and let him know it was a joke (I felt so bad at this point I was ready to give him a bid just to stop the guilt). He seems to feel better and told me that he really wanted to join, but he always had such a hard time talking to people and thought he was always going to say something stupid if he tried. We talked a little bit, and he was finally beginning to open up.

I tell him, "hey, let's break an IFC rule and ditch to get some pizza". He looks at me with a terrified look. It was at this point that I turn around and see a furious woman screaming, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" directly at me.

Yep. He called his mom to pick him up. He was having such a bad time that he thought his best option would be to call his mom and tell her what an asshole I was being. His mother proceeded to berate me for the next 20 minutes telling me what a terrible person I was to pick on her son. Not only was it incredibly awkward for me and him, but pretty much every other person was staring at us for the entire ordeal.

No, in case you are wondering, he did not get a bid.

LucyKKG 03-05-2010 12:56 AM

^^ Wow, that's insane! I'm sure his mom is the reason he's all messed up anyway!

XAntoftheSkyX 03-05-2010 02:56 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/wspem8.jpg

Wow.

33girl 03-05-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyKKG (Post 1904313)
^^ Wow, that's insane! I'm sure his mom is the reason he's all messed up anyway!

I don't even want to think what that guy would have been like at a mixer. YIPES. Maybe he and blowjob girl should get together.

MaggieXi 03-05-2010 04:14 PM

This isn't a weird rush story as much as the 2309794673061527th reminder that pushy heli-moms have no place in recruitment:

A legacy goes to school at a semi-competitive school in the south. She is from the Northeast. Heli-mommy sent emails and called the recruitment chair and president of the chapter many many times over the summer and during the fall to tell them how wonderful her daughter is. Giving them weekly updates about how excited her perfect pretty princess daughter is about joining the sorority and all the achievements she has done in her lifetime.

Recruitment rolled around in the winter, and daughter went through. The only thing the daughter would talk about is how she wanted to make her relationship better with her mom by joining the same sorority, how she wanted to be more like her mom, and how close she and her mom were, and how her mom wanted to be apart of her sorority experience. Round after round even with the most experienced rusher - the daughter would only talk about her mom. The running joke was that the PNM wasn't looking for a sisterhood, she was looking for a "momhood".

Eventually the sorority dropped the daughter and notified heli-mom. Living up to her true title as a heli-mom, screamed, ranted and raved about the daughter being cut. The heli-mom vowed to contact all the people at nationals and get the sorority in trouble for cutting the perfect pretty princess.

The daughter ended up getting a bid to another sorority, a very good one on campus, however dropped shortly thereafter. Other sorority actives who knew the girl said she dropped it because her mom made her and she was planning to re-rush the legacy sorority again next year.

twinkle555 03-05-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieXi (Post 1904537)
This isn't a weird rush story as much as the 2309794673061527th reminder that pushy heli-moms have no place in recruitment:

A legacy goes to school at a semi-competitive school in the south. She is from the Northeast. Heli-mommy sent emails and called the recruitment chair and president of the chapter many many times over the summer and during the fall to tell them how wonderful her daughter is. Giving them weekly updates about how excited her perfect pretty princess daughter is about joining the sorority and all the achievements she has done in her lifetime.

Recruitment rolled around in the winter, and daughter went through. The only thing the daughter would talk about is how she wanted to make her relationship better with her mom by joining the same sorority, how she wanted to be more like her mom, and how close she and her mom were, and how her mom wanted to be apart of her sorority experience. Round after round even with the most experienced rusher - the daughter would only talk about her mom. The running joke was that the PNM wasn't looking for a sisterhood, she was looking for a "momhood".

Eventually the sorority dropped the daughter and notified heli-mom. Living up to her true title as a heli-mom, screamed, ranted and raved about the daughter being cut. The heli-mom vowed to contact all the people at nationals and get the sorority in trouble for cutting the perfect pretty princess.

The daughter ended up getting a bid to another sorority, a very good one on campus, however dropped shortly thereafter. Other sorority actives who knew the girl said she dropped it because her mom made her and she was planning to re-rush the legacy sorority again next year.

Wooow..that is sad.

IUHoosiergirl88 03-06-2010 12:18 AM

There were many, many entertaining rush stories and quotes from PNMs but my two favorites were not in conversation, but on PNM info cards

Info card #1 had the normal picture, HS activities, etc, but at the bottom it also said 'I was hit by a car going 55 miles per hour'. WHY???

Info card #2 had the picture but just said 'My first car was a red 2007 Hummer H2'.

twinkle555 03-06-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 (Post 1904629)
There were many, many entertaining rush stories and quotes from PNMs but my two favorites were not in conversation, but on PNM info cards

Info card #1 had the normal picture, HS activities, etc, but at the bottom it also said 'I was hit by a car going 55 miles per hour'. WHY???

Info card #2 had the picture but just said 'My first car was a red 2007 Hummer H2'.

Info card #1 obviously just wanted to share her near death fun fact with you lol

girl #2 is just a snob that thinks she can get in based on her vehicle...maybe she was the one that hit girl #1?