GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Zeta Phi Beta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=7621)

GiggyZ 02-02-2001 10:33 AM

What are you reading?

What book(s) are you reading now? I am reading Sister Secrets by Breggie James.

ZetaAce 02-02-2001 11:09 AM

I wish I was reading ANYTHING that wasn't work related. I don't even have time to read magazines lately...

How's Sister Secrets?

CK

royalbluelady 02-02-2001 03:37 PM

I'm always reading romance novels. I like the Arabesque series. I just love reading black romance novels.

Chi_ZETABBW 02-03-2001 02:47 AM

I just bought 3 books:
Divine Nine
A Day Late, A Dollar Short(Terry McMillian)
Roberts Rule
Will proably read in that order.
I also just started reading O, which is Oprah's Magazine, very positive.

Please help a sista out: http://www.directcertificates.com/cg...=vote&ID=13222

May1920 02-03-2001 10:38 AM

If you haven't gotten it, try "10 bad choices that ruin black women's lives" by Dr. Grace Cornish. The title is in all lower caps, with her picture on the front. Very good.

Robert Rules of Order -a must have for any active soror!

"The Maintenance Man" by Michael B.

I read all of e. lynn harris' books. I am looking for a new book to get into, though!

DOVE1920 10-01-2001 02:50 PM

The Sisters of Theta Phi Kappa
Satin Doll
Let the People Decide (history of community organizing)

shannieglass 10-01-2001 03:06 PM

I am starting The Justus Girls

PrettyKitty 10-02-2001 04:26 PM

I picked up 3 books:
Makes Me Wanna Holla by Nathan McCall
Sisters and Brothers by Bebe Moore Campbell
Losing the Race by McWhorter

sistermoon 10-03-2001 02:24 PM

I'm picking up the latest Laura Esquievel book this weekend. She is the author of Like Water for Chocolate. I just completed the Walter Mosely book, not bad if you like mysteries.

MSTISHA25 10-03-2001 05:15 PM

I just finished reading Sorority Sisters by Tajuana Butler. It was a good book about 5 girls from different backgrounds wanting to pledge the same sorority (AKA). It went through the things that happens during the pledge process and their relationships with their boyfriends...It was good even though I'm not that fond of the colors...Also Zeta Ace I turned in my Letter of Interest for the Graduate Chapter...Wish me luck.

KappaStargirl 10-03-2001 06:44 PM

Being a librarian, I am so very happy to see this thread!

I am loving the Stephanie Plum series (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, etc), by Janet Evanovich. Normally, I'm not a mystery reader, but these are HILARIOUS and a good time for all.

Since my main job is working with teenagers, I read mostly teen novels. I have to highly recommend Stuck in Neutral, by Terry Trueman, about a genius boy with cerebral palsy who believes his father is going to kill him, and Fever 1793, by Laurie Halse Anderson, about the yellow fever epidemic in Philadelphia in 1793.

And of course the perennial favorite: A Southern Belle Primer, or Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma.

-----------------------------------
Celebrate Teen Read Week
October 14-20
Make Reading a Hobbit!

DOVE1920 10-03-2001 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MSTISHA25
I.It was good even though I'm not that fond of the colors...Also Zeta Ace I turned in my Letter of Interest for the Graduate Chapter...Wish me luck.
What do the colors have to do with anything???:confused:

Enforcer00 10-03-2001 11:02 PM

I just recently finished Zora Neale Hurston's autobiography (I know, I know, I should have read it a long time ago :o) and am working on The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Also, all kinds of baby stuff now that my sister is expecting.

SapphireSensation 10-04-2001 11:59 AM

What are you reading?

Peace & Blessings Sorors,
It's been a minute since I've posted...
I hope everyone is well!

I'm currently reading It's a Thin Line by Kimberla Lawson Roby

SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine
The Epitome of Finerwomanhood

loviest95 10-07-2001 01:09 PM

I am currently reading The Wind Done Gone (gone with the Wind parody) it is pretty good