GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What do you feel like saying, right now? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=77510)

PrettyBoy 11-19-2019 05:57 PM

Just wanted to drop in and say the new Corvette C8 looks like it got beat down with an ugly stick. Typical GM. Just sayin....

Sciencewoman 11-21-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek (Post 2471537)
lol
That’s okay because I still have my Vikings. :) Not only did we win, we came back from zero for the WIN! So there! :p

Good thing you have a back-up plan! :p
That's not a realistic option around here with the Lions, as you know!

Cheerio 01-02-2020 09:48 PM

While shopping locally today, strolled by a religious goods store with loudly playing Christmas Music For All To Hear on their outdoor music speakers. Yes, today is only the Ninth Day (of The Twelve Days) of Christmas!

Speaking of The 12 Days of Xmas, several local residents put up full-size fake cows this year as their 'seasonal decoration'. I wonder whether those cows mean Happy New Year, since the Eight Maids-a-Milking occur on New Years Day.

FSUZeta 01-03-2020 01:13 PM

Sad today because our son is flying back to L.A. Visits always go by too quickly.

summer_gphib 01-07-2020 04:10 PM

I hate insurance so much. My family spent $16981.62 on health care this year. With insurance. That's a family of 3! And I have two rotator cuffs that probably need surgery, but I might not be able to afford it... ugh.

HQWest 02-07-2020 08:38 AM

"Well if you don't do what I want -then I'm just going to find another job and leave!"

-->YES! Please! do that!

Sciencewoman 02-07-2020 09:47 PM

^^^ We have a couple people who play that trump card on a regular basis, and we all feel the same way. Threatening to leave/retire doesn't really help you get your way when everyone has had it with you.

AlwaysSAI 04-02-2020 07:21 PM

I haven't posted on GC in......years. HI GC!!!!

Left the classroom in 2017 to join an Edtech startup. I was laid off at the end of this past January after a significant miss by the sales team in 2019 (I wasn't in sales). Earlier this week, I signed an offer to join another startup in a different industry. I'm really, really excited about this opportunity even though it's a significant pay cut. The growth potential is uh-mazing and the CEO wants to personally mentor me.

The layoff hit me to the ground. But, I'm so happy it did. It's amazing what we are all capable of when we have to be!

NinjaPoodle 04-29-2020 04:31 AM

I need a timeturner.

aephi alum 05-27-2020 12:29 AM

We're starting to reopen where I live. My husband and I have dined out twice so far (restaurants are allowed to seat at 25% capacity) and we've been impressed by the measures both restaurants have taken. Masks for all staff, gloves for bussers, one restaurant provided paper bags for us to place our masks in while eating and had hand sanitizer bottles available at all tables, the other brought us a card reader so we could pay our check as close to contactless as possible (even pre-adding the tip so we wouldn't have to handle a pen that heaven knows how many other people have touched).

One of the reasons we moved here was the awesome restaurants. Our two favorites haven't reopened yet, but it's been nice to be able to go out and dine instead of deciding whether to cook or order delivery.

AGDee 05-29-2020 05:34 PM

I've lost all faith in humanity. This world we're living in is absolutely insane.

APhi2KD 05-29-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2475690)
I've lost all faith in humanity. This world we're living in is absolutely insane.

Same. But it’s over, anyway. Monkeys STOLE Covid-positive blood samples from a scientist in India. Buh-bye.

Sciencewoman 05-30-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle (Post 2475078)
I need a timeturner.

Me, too. Seriously!

Cheerio 06-02-2020 12:17 PM

Hope you're enjoying that giant chocolate bar you found, leftover from the Easter Egg hunt, sir.

NinjaPoodle 06-08-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2475707)
Me, too. Seriously!

When it's safe to go, I'm going to go to Universal Studios in LA and go get my time turner and my wand from Ollivander's. I was going to go during my spring break but COVID-19 had other plans.