GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   A (live) Neverland Recruitment Story. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=129342)

maccaitlin 09-12-2012 02:37 PM

A Neverland Recruitment Story.

So, I just had my recruitment orientation last night and it has super reinforced my decision to Rush. All the formal events start tomorrow (Thursday). I am SO excited, but SO nervous. I will post after recruitment is over!
At my school, Greek Life is very small. There are only 5 NPC sororities. To keep everything anonymous until after Rush is over, I will be using a Peter Pan theme!

So there is
Peter
Wendy
Tinkerbell
Captain Hook
Mr. Smee

i'm really excited to start this adventure and will post my story after Recruitment is over! <3

MaryPoppins 09-12-2012 02:48 PM

Live recruitment stories are never a good idea because so many members read these boards. Any information that may actually identify you even if you do not mean to give anything away may endanger your recruitment results!

maccaitlin 09-12-2012 03:04 PM

Thank you for the advice! I didn't even think about that. I will wait to update it until after recruitment is over! Thanks again. <3

MaryPoppins 09-12-2012 03:06 PM

Best wishes, good luck, and last but not least, "Second star to the right, and then straight on 'til morning."

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 03:48 PM

Day One- Getting to know you.

On the first day of recruitment, we went to all five house. I was so excited, but super nervous! After going to all five here were my thoughts.

Peter- these girls were my favorite when I went to the Meet the Greeks event a while back. I loved talking to them and we connected so well. But, tonight I just didn’t feel it. I talked to five girls and had really good conversation with two of them, but the rest seemed forced. I still liked them and new I wanted to go back.

Wendy- I LOVED this house. Everyone was so sweet and down to earth. I couldn’t stop smiling and felt so at home. All the girls were wonderful and I could totally see myself there.

Tinkerbell- The girls were nice, but seemed really superficial and fake. I didn’t feel like I fit in at all, and was super uncomfortable throughout the whole event. I didn’t enjoy my time there at all!

Captain Hook- I had loved these girls every time I encountered them…. They seemed so sweet and down to earth. However, tonight, I just didn’t feel it. We only got to talk to one girl and she seemed kindof like a robot. She was sweet, but it felt forced. I was really disappointed.

Mr. Smee- I fell in love. I loved the girls, the house, everything about them. I had great conversation and wished I could’ve had longer with them. They were without a doubt my favorite of the night. I couldn’t wait to go back!

After a long chat with my Pi Rho Chi’s, I ranked my choices.

1. Mr. Smee
2. Wendy
3. Peter
4. Captain Hook
5. Tinkerbell

I went home, exhausted and ready to see what tomorrow brought.

Sciencewoman 09-21-2012 03:54 PM

Thanks for sharing! It's too bad you only got to talk to one member at Captain Hook...that doesn't give you or the chapter much chance to get to know each other.

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 04:04 PM

Day 2- House Tours

I show up, so excited to get my schedule and to see what houses we were invited back to! We were allowed to go to a maximum of four parties tonight. When I show up, my Pi Rho Chi’s hand my schedule. I open it anxiously and look down. My heart sunk.

Peter
Wendy
Captain Hook

I was dropped by Tinkerbell (which I was okay with), and Mr. Smee (which broke my heart.) I wanted to cry. However, the told us from the beginning to keep an open mind. And that’s what I was going to do! I put a smile on my face and went to each of my parties happily and ready to find my home. At the end of the night, here were my thoughts:

Peter- tonight made me realize why I fell in love with these girls at Meet the Greeks. They were so sweet and the girl that gave me the tour was awesome! We had great conversation and she told me stories that got me so excited to be a part of greek life. Their house was stunning, and I could totally see myself being a part of their family.

Wendy- I didn’t feel it with these girls as much as I did last night. It was probably because they had so much information they wanted to tell us and show us, that it was impossible for me to get a word in. I still enjoyed myself and their house felt really homey, but I didn’t enjoy myself as much.

Captain Hook- I enjoyed myself here more than I did the night before. The girl who gave me the tour was sweet and involved me in conversation instead of just talking the whole time. She asked me questions and made an effort to get to know me. It was fun, just not my favorite.

Since I only had three parties, and we could go to three tomorrow, I didn’t have to officially rank them. But here is how I ranked them in my head.

Peter
Captain Hook
Wendy

Again, I went home exhausted, excited, and nervous, to see what tomorrow brought me!

APhi4Ever 09-21-2012 04:31 PM

I'm rooting for Captain Hook!

WCsweet<3 09-21-2012 08:21 PM

Can't wait to hear the rest!

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 08:40 PM

Day 3- Chapter Emphasis.

I showed up, extremely nervous. I was hoping I didn’t get cut from another house. When my Pi Rho Chi’s gave me my schedule I was so scared to open it. Finally, I got the courage to do it and slowly opened it up! I was so happy! I was invited back to all three! So I would be going to
Peter
Wendy
Captain Hook

After all the parties, here were my thoughts!:

Peter- Again, I loved these girls. They already felt like my sisters, and I felt so at home talking to them. we made a blanket for their philanthropy and just talked about everything. It was great conversation and was so sad when it had to end. I was in love with this chapter.

Wendy- This party was fun, but not my favorite. It wasn’t well organized and it was really hard to hear the girls I talked to. I had fun, and felt comfortable in their house, but just didn’t have as much fun as I did with the other parties.

Captain Hook- I loved them tonight! Their activity was super fun and we had great conversation. I felt so comfortable and welcomed. They were so sweet and I could definitely see becoming part of their sisterhood!

After the parties were done, I had to rank them and I knew this was going to be so hard. I loved all of them and could see myself being a part of each and every chapter. After a long talk with my Pi Rho Chi’s, I ranked them as followed:
Peter
Captain Hook
Wendy

I went home, hoping I made the right choice, but knowing that whatever houses I did get invited back to would be the right thing. I knew that I loved all three and what’s meant to happen, will.

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 08:51 PM

Day 4- Pref Night

Pref night was finally here! I was so excited! I got all dressed up in a pretty dress and my hair all curled and headed over to get my schedule! When I got it, I was disappointed at first. I got invited back to
Wendy
Captain Hook

I was sad, because my favorites had all dropped me and it made me wonder what’s wrong with me. But, I quickly got over it because I knew that was what was meant to happen. I was still so excited to go back to the two I did get invited back to!
At the end of the night, here were my thoughts:

Wendy- I hadn’t felt so at home in college until that night at their house. I talked to an amazing girl, and had great conversation. Their ceremony had me bawling my eyes out, and I knew that I was home. I pictured myself hanging out with these girls and it made me so happy. This was it. I knew it, without hesitation.

Captain Hook- They also gave me a great experience. I talked to a wonderfully sweet girl, and felt so comfortable. Their ceremony was also wonderful, but didn’t give me the feeling like I wanted to cry. However, I knew I could see myself there and I would be happy either way. They were so sweet.

I went and made my final selection with a member of the recruitment team. I ranked them like this:
Wendy
Captain Hook

I went back to my dorm, so nervous for tomorrow, hoping that everything would work out how its suppose to be.

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 08:57 PM

Day 5- Bid Day

I hurried to go pick up my bid as soon as my last class got out. When it was my turn, ripped open the envelope that had my name on it and read…

CAPTAIN HOOK!

Better known as…

ALPHA SIGMA ALPHA!

DeltaBetaBaby 09-21-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccaitlin (Post 2180148)
Day 4- Pref Night

Pref night was finally here! I was so excited! I got all dressed up in a pretty dress and my hair all curled and headed over to get my schedule! When I got it, I was disappointed at first. I got invited back to
Wendy
Captain Hook

I was sad, because my favorites had all dropped me and it made me wonder what’s wrong with me. But, I quickly got over it because I knew that was what was meant to happen. I was still so excited to go back to the two I did get invited back to!
At the end of the night, here were my thoughts:

Wendy- I hadn’t felt so at home in college until that night at their house. I talked to an amazing girl, and had great conversation. Their ceremony had me bawling my eyes out, and I knew that I was home. I pictured myself hanging out with these girls and it made me so happy. This was it. I knew it, without hesitation.

Captain Hook- They also gave me a great experience. I talked to a wonderfully sweet girl, and felt so comfortable. Their ceremony was also wonderful, but didn’t give me the feeling like I wanted to cry. However, I knew I could see myself there and I would be happy either way. They were so sweet.

I went and made my final selection with a member of the recruitment team. I ranked them like this:
Wendy
Captain Hook

I went back to my dorm, so nervous for tomorrow, hoping that everything would work out how its suppose to be.

Holy, sh*t. I want this story tagged for every PNM who thinks about dropping out because she doesn't get the pref invites she wants.

Thanks so much for sharing your story!

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 08:59 PM

And a note, while they were not my first choice, i am absolutely over the moon to be a part of this sisterhood. They are the sweetest girls and welcomed me with open arms. This is my home.
Girls going through recruitment: You'll hear this a million times, but, TRUST THE SYSTEM!!! I know that not getting your top choice may seem like the end of the world (trust me, i cried!), but it will be where you are meant to be. You WILL find your home. I know I did. <3

maccaitlin 09-21-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2180151)
Holy, sh*t. I want this story tagged for every PNM who thinks about dropping out because she doesn't get the pref invites she wants.

Thanks so much for sharing your story!

Thank YOU. I knew that I'd find my place. I knew that I would end up where I am meant to be. So many girls did drop out after not getting their first choice, and they will regret it. Where you end up will be wonderful, and it will be the best decision you ever made. <3