GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Have you been in The Key? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=96064)

LucyKKG 05-07-2008 05:14 PM

Have you been in The Key?

I thought it would be fun to start a thread about being in The Key! My face was in there sometime last year (after we got our charter), but Eta Mu is in there twice in the latest issue! On p. 48, some of the charter members are pictured outside of Berkeley's house a few days before our installation. It was Pi Province meeting. Also, on p. 49, there's a picture of a social networking focus group. One of them is also reppin' Eta Mu! Yay!

Sooo are you in The Key??

alum 05-07-2008 08:13 PM

I was! I can't remember the issues but it showed the Kappa Needleworkers with our triennial fundraiser quilt (2 separate quilts in '04 and in '07). I also think I was in an issue with the KICKs (Kappas with Infants to College Kids). Both of these groups are interest groups of the Northern VA AA of KKG.

carnation 05-07-2008 08:14 PM

I have! :D Summer 1981.

wildcatfan 05-07-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 1646955)

A Monmouth Duo picture perhaps?

carnation 05-07-2008 10:00 PM

Nope. I bred y'all's official flower and its picture was on the cover and there was a story with several pictures inside. A couple of GCers have that issue--maybe MSKKG and KappaKittyCat?

gee_ess 05-07-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 1647077)
Nope. I bred y'all's official flower and its picture was on the cover and there was a story with several pictures inside. A couple of GCers have that issue--maybe MSKKG and KappaKittyCat?

OMG - I totally remember that issue! Can't remember other things from '81 but I do remember that!

I was in the Key representing the U of Arkansas Kappas in Razorback spirit groups...Go Hogs!

wildcatfan 05-07-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 1646955)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 1647077)

Neat story--not what I was expecting. Thanks for sharing!!:)

OK, my turn. I was surprised last year when I opened up the Spring 2007 issue. Someone had sent a pic of several of us alumni reconnecting at the Gamma Alpha 90th reunion weekend!

gee_ess 05-07-2008 11:06 PM

Do the rest of you do like I do and scan all the alumni pics for people you think you might know? I always hope I might know someone in a random alum group. I guess I think there might be a pledge sister that now lives in Austin or Tuscaloosa or Los Angeles whom I have lost touch with and is pictured with her group. Rarely happens, but I still keep an eye out! Weird, I know.

Kappamd 05-07-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyKKG (Post 1646823)
I thought it would be fun to start a thread about being in The Key! My face was in there sometime last year (after we got our charter), but Eta Mu is in there twice in the latest issue! On p. 48, some of the charter members are pictured outside of Berkeley's house a few days before our installation. It was Pi Province meeting. Also, on p. 49, there's a picture of a social networking focus group. One of them is also reppin' Eta Mu! Yay!

Sooo are you in The Key??

Totally thought of my GreekChat sister when I saw Eta Mu in The Key. :)

skylark 05-08-2008 12:12 AM

I was in the Key when I was in college. My big sister and another Kappa and I were in France and there was a coat of arms thing in the square of a small town. It had three keys and a fleur de lis. We thought the photo-op was kind of destiny, so we took the pic (three kappas, three keys) and sent it into the key.

Thanks, Lucy, for starting this topic -- it was a great memory jogger!

Since then I've seen several Kappas I know in editions of the key. I think they do a good job of representing Kappas from diverse experiences and from all geographic regions. I'm always impressed, too, with the quality of so many of the articles. Yay Kappa!

MSKKG 05-08-2008 12:39 AM

I do have that issue with you in it, carnation. In fact, I have saved every issue since my initiation. I have seen Delta Rho alums (from when I was there) and members of other chapters (actives and alums) whom I know--that's always neat.

My name was in The Key for winning the latest copy of our history a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure my picture has not been. I have been pictured on EK's site, and I was in the slide show at one of the Conventions I attended.

ISUKappa 05-08-2008 09:27 AM

I was about 5-6 years ago. It was a small pic of our alum association.

I'm planning a tour to the Stewart House in Monmouth for our alum association in June (our city is about 2.5 hours away). That will be a great Key photo, providing I remember to bring a camera. :)

EEKappa 05-08-2008 10:00 AM

My alumnae association has a photo this issue, though I was not at the event.

The first issue I was in was Fall 2002, with two other EE alumnae. The photo was on the Kappa website for a while too. :)

LucyKKG 05-08-2008 04:53 PM

I noticed three of the Santa Cruz alumnae were in the alumnae section as well. I was like, "Hey! I know them!"

Maybe I'll pop up in there again after convention. :p

gee_ess 05-09-2008 09:49 PM

MSKKG - I think we need to submit your name to the Key and let them know about your extensive issues of the Key collection! Wow, I am truly impressed! :)

If you can, scan the cover that Carnation mentioned and post it for us! It would be fun to see it.