GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Phi Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   General Convention (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=37362)

enlightenment06 08-04-2003 07:21 AM

General Convention

DETROT WAS HOT!!! This was my first General Convention and I just got back. All praise is due to God for such a wonderful experience! I was only there for the weekend, but it was still an incredible experience. It made me so proud and so happy to be an Alpha. I LOVE MY A-PHI, I LOVE MY A-PHI, I LOVE MY A-PHI, A-PHI-A!!!

AAAAAA-PHIIIIII!!!!!
000000000006!!!!!

AKA2D '91 08-04-2003 12:35 PM

I'm glad you returned safely. Hopefully, the other GC members returned safely as well.

:D

enlightenment06 08-05-2003 11:32 AM

Thanks. I ask God for his blessings that the other GC members returned safely also.

delph998 08-05-2003 01:27 PM

Were you at the step show?

enlightenment06 08-05-2003 03:09 PM

I sure was. I was on the first floor in the back to left. Were you there?

delph998 08-05-2003 04:24 PM

No I wasn't there, but I helped in one of the step shows. Remember Mu Chapter's show? They're from Minnesota. The voice you heard on the cd is ME! :D

Senusret I 08-06-2003 05:35 AM

Since I couldn't go, one of the voting delegates from my chapter came by and briefed me on everything that went down....I'm still reading through the minutes of the Board of Directors and the other Officer reports.

sphinxpoet 08-06-2003 09:45 AM

I am back from Convention as well! I had mad fun! But was also about the serious business as Alpha as a delegate for my Chapter. I got up on the mike for the first time in 3 National Conventions, Dallas, Atlanta and now Detroit! I have the stepshow on tape as well as Ms. Black and Gold!

enlightenment06 08-06-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by delph998
No I wasn't there, but I helped in one of the step shows. Remember Mu Chapter's show? They're from Minnesota. The voice you heard on the cd is ME! :D
Oh WOW! :eek: :eek:

That's pretty hot.

You have a nice voice...;) ;) ;)

miss priss 08-06-2003 01:26 PM

I was hoping someone would start this thread....:D

Detroit WAS off the chain this past weekend..

E06, I too was there on the first floor on the right behind Alpha South sitting with the Midwest by the doors. (I had to cheer for both since my hubby was apart of both :D) Alpha South and Midwest was off the chain. But uh, what was up with the Alpha East stepshow????? too abstract for me.....

Ladiesssss, I have NEVER seen so MANY fine Alphas in my life!!!! This weekend was a single woman's dream!!!Ya feel me?! I didn't know that that many Alphas wore dreds.
:confused: :rolleyes:

I got to take pictures with Judge Brown and so did my hubby and he took pictures with all of the past general presidents. Houston wore my knees out. E06, ya feel me???

Okay yall, AKA's was doing yall thang :D DST was holdin' it down...

Oh yeah, nice voice Delph....:) Why did you leave out the Sigmas? hehehe

Senusret I 08-06-2003 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by miss priss
I didn't know that that many Alphas wore dreds.
BUCK BUCK BUCK!!!!

<------ has dreads.

miss priss 08-06-2003 01:33 PM

Okay okay ya got me! :D 'Cause the brothers I saw was fine as he double hockey sticks!
Somehow, i missed that competition... who won Ms. B and G?
O.k. explain why the Alpha Angels were reppin' hard at the stepshow?

sphinxpoet 08-06-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by miss priss
Okay okay ya got me! :D 'Cause the brothers I saw was fine as he double hockey sticks!
Somehow, i missed that competition... who won Ms. B and G?
O.k. explain why the Alpha Angels were reppin' hard at the stepshow?

Ms Alpha West won Ms B & G in a shocker!!!!!! Ummm I did not see that many angels? Was it just me? Sorors repped hard at the Public Program and the greeting the AKA Midwest regional director gave was off da hook!

AKA2D '91 08-06-2003 04:43 PM

Judge Joe Brown is an Alpha? What about Judge Mathis?
(waiting for a response before I get excited!) :D

I know this is the wrong thread, but you all mentioned JJoe Brown at the Convention. :p

miss priss 08-06-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AKA2D '91
Judge Joe Brown is an Alpha? What about Judge Mathis?
(waiting for a response before I get excited!) :D

I know this is the wrong thread, but you all mentioned JJoe Brown at the Convention. :p

Judge Joe Brown is honey :D He had on that BIG Black hat walking around like a true celebrity lol. I thought he was alot shorter than he was because of that big chair he sits in on t.v. hehehe
But Judge Mathis ---no :(
Yeah, the AKA's were in da house in FULL effect. It seems like all the vendors sold was APHIA and AKA gear .