GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Indiana University Recruitment 2020 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246778)

APhi2KD 01-15-2020 12:08 AM

Bumping this over the 2011 IU thread.

FSUZeta 01-15-2020 06:22 AM

Thank you!

ivyrose2 01-17-2020 09:03 AM

Lists for the weekend will be released today...

ForeverRoses 01-17-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivyrose2 (Post 2472764)
Lists for the weekend will be released today...

Three rounds of sisterhood are tonight, the other 6 are tomorrow.

jla21 01-17-2020 09:22 AM

I'm so nervous for my friends DD going through. Did they get their lists this morning or do they get them before tonight? My DD is a junior in a house but she is studying abroad so she usually gives me info! Good luck to any of your girls going though!

jla21 01-17-2020 09:27 AM

This one can be a big cut sometimes!

ForeverRoses 01-17-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jla21 (Post 2472766)
I'm so nervous for my friends DD going through. Did they get their lists this morning or do they get them before tonight? My DD is a junior in a house but she is studying abroad so she usually gives me info! Good luck to any of your girls going though!

I believe they will get their lists from their Rho Gammas this afternoon. I cannot imagine getting your list in the morning and then having to go to class- especially if you are disappointed by the list!

jla21 01-17-2020 10:22 AM

makes sense!
thanks!

Cookiez17 01-17-2020 01:52 PM

I'm gonna be on the other side of recruitment this year for the first time (I'm a a much smaller school where you don't need recs or anything.) I can't imagine separating the rounds into weekends or how crazy the ranking gets.

To the PNMs and parents out there, remember to treat your list as a fresh canvas. Go in and give everyone a chance.

Sister Havana 01-17-2020 02:06 PM

Article in yesterday’s IDS mentions a few new/changed rules for this year’s recruitment.

ForeverRoses 01-17-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Havana (Post 2472774)
Article in yesterday’s IDS mentions a few new/changed rules for this year’s recruitment.

I'm amused that the woman they interviewed about the "positive" changes is still referring to recruitment as "rush".

GreekOne 01-17-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoses (Post 2472775)
I'm amused that the woman they interviewed about the "positive" changes is still referring to recruitment as "rush".

Hadn't thought about it, but how do you use "recruitment" in the past tense as a verb? She said "when I rushed." "When I went through recruitment" is a mouthful and
"When I recruited" sounds extremely awkward to me.:)

FSUZeta 01-17-2020 06:38 PM

When I recruitmented (lol)

Cookiez17 01-17-2020 06:40 PM

I mean people nowadays use the terms recruitment and rush in an interchangeable manner. It's going to be a while before people use only one.

carnation 01-17-2020 07:09 PM

When I new membered....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.