GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I was just wondering? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=167)

Monique 05-19-2000 10:15 AM

I was just wondering?

Wassup room. I have a question that has been bugging me. Why is it so much hate between sororitys? AkA v/s DST, Sigma's v/s Ques.
My cousins who are akas said that as long as they can remember they have always disliked the Deltas. Why?

Discogoddess 05-19-2000 11:36 AM

Since the answer to your question varies from person to person and such "hate" is not sanctioned by our respective organizational bodies, I think you should ask your cousins individually why they feel animosity toward women of Delta Sigma Theta.

This is such a silly thing, kept up by insecure individuals who get all off into the (insert org. here) vs. (insert org. here) because they WANT to see some mess between the orgs. They think it makes them better to denegrate a "rival" organization, even at the risk of making themselves and the whole greek community look stupid.

DG,
AKA, Spring 1990

Asia2000 05-19-2000 04:14 PM

there is a rivalry between all the sororities -- but i don't think it is always bad natured. I am sure personal rivalries can get blown out of proportion.

There was another post about love between the sororities. i know at our school's come out show the aka's called all the othe sororities Trolls.

I hope that the sororities in our affiliate organization don't develop a rivalry and continue to work together as they do now to promote our common goals.

Asia2000 05-19-2000 04:15 PM

there is a rivalry between all the sororities -- but i don't think it is always bad natured. I am sure personal rivalries can get blown out of proportion.

There was another post about love between the sororities. i know at our school's come out show the aka's called all the othe sororities Trolls.

I hope that the sororities in our affiliate organization don't develop a rivalry and continue to work together as they do now to promote our common goals.

AKAtude 05-19-2000 04:44 PM

Soror Discogoddess, well said.

blu_theatrics 05-19-2000 06:16 PM

Personally I think that this is something that is on a chapter or individual level. I have always loved all my greeks and was taught to. I don't have anomsity towards any group because we are all out here to accomplish the same thing- Unity and upliftment. If you are really living the ideals of your organization then there will be no anomosity towards anyone else, because you will know that your founders would not want you to demean yourself like that. Lots of love to all my sorors out there. And all greeks everywere

Blu theatrics
Sigma Gamma Rho sorority Inc

prettygyrl 05-19-2000 11:15 PM

I do not think there is a rivalry between all greeks. As far as what is said in ones coming out shows I do beleive that is all in fun. I beleive they all have their little chants about one another but I do not think it is nothing like what people tend to think. If your cousins claim to not like any Deltas then you should question their maturity because it is shallow and immature to not like someone just because of the organization they picked. That is just like not liking someone because of the color of their skin. If there is tension among your cousins and Deltas i doubt it has anything to do with AKAs. The little chants and competitions between most greeks is nothing serious. I look at it as no more serious than a basketball game. They rumble on the court but at the end of the game you give love to and have much respect for the other team. Well that was just my 13 cents.