GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Indiana University Recruitment 2018 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=240661)

MichiganM 01-08-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBH (Post 2451003)

If you Google Sorority RFM you can find some information that talks a bit about the math behind the process. Not sure if IU uses this fully but sounds like they have at least a variation of it. Its actually kind of interesting when you see the math behind this process.

Luckily for my D, with only 5 still in the running she didn't have to make any tough choices on who to keep on her list. :D She didn't find that comment as funny as I did.

Thanks for that info, BBH! Patience, humor and wine will all be needed this week

IowaPiPhi 01-08-2018 10:42 AM

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/AF...-figure-method

This is a good slide show regarding RFM.

GreekOne 01-08-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrespearls (Post 2451005)
I think your daughter is lucky to have a mom with a sense of humor about all of this.:) Certainly, the wine helps too!

Couldn't agree more. And, if BBH's daughter is anything like her wise mother, she will do just fine as the process progresses! Seems like she has a great attitude and a good head on her shoulders!

carnation 01-08-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaPiPhi (Post 2451009)
https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/AF...-figure-method

This is a good slide show regarding RFM.

That one's great! I wish that NPC could enforce that line about not pressuring PNMs to list all chapters on their MRABA.

Sciencewoman 01-08-2018 11:59 AM

Thanks to all the moms who are sharing their daughters' stories. I empathize with your anxiety and I'm glad you found the GC forum!

Best wishes to all of your daughters! It's been 5 years since my daughter went through a competitive winter recruitment at a different school, but I remember the anxiety all too well!

BBH 01-08-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreekOne (Post 2451011)
Couldn't agree more. And, if BBH's daughter is anything like her wise mother, she will do just fine as the process progresses! Seems like she has a great attitude and a good head on her shoulders!

I should clarify, I'm actually the dad. Don't want to mislead anyone. Both my wife and I were Greek in college but much smaller school and rush was a lot different back then. But I do agree, her mother is very wise. :)

I find this whole process just very interesting and we are pretty much staying out of it other than responding when she asks. I found this sight while trying to understand how the process works and it has a lot of great information.

I hope all the women are getting caught up on their rest, getting settled in for this semesters classes and wish everyone out there the best of luck the next round.

FSUZeta 01-08-2018 07:25 PM

Great to have you with us BBH. We are pulling for your daughter.

PNMmom18 01-08-2018 07:37 PM

I thankfully went back to work today after a 3 week vacation. I now have other things to occupy my time. I talked to my D last night and she's in great spirits. She said no matter what she's thankful for the new friends she's met through rush. PNMs that were in her building and groups that she may not have met if she hadn't rushed. I will definitely be stocking up on wine for the weekend also! Hopefully the new schedule of classes keeps them from stressing so much.

LoveMom 01-08-2018 07:58 PM

Does anyone else have a daughter doing this as a sophomore?

IndianaSigKap 01-08-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMom (Post 2451102)

I went through recruitment as a sophomore, back in the dark ages. :D

PNMmom18 01-08-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMom (Post 2451102)

My daughters GBaby was a sophmore :)

PNMmom18 01-09-2018 06:22 PM

Hoping the forecasters are wrong on the weather this weekend! If not how will it impact rush if at all? 1-3” snow/ice during the day Friday and 8-12” Friday night.

MichiganM 01-09-2018 06:37 PM

Oh no! 😬 despite the bitter cold last weekend, I know they were told they had to walk everywhere. While there was a rush bus, my daughter said it was full most of the time.

PNMmom18 01-09-2018 08:15 PM

I heard the same from my daughter she walked A LOT. It is nice that they try to group houses and times for them to visit.

BossLadyAKA 01-10-2018 09:28 AM

In Indiana? We're supposed to get maybe an inch on Friday total.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNMmom18 (Post 2451158)
Hoping the forecasters are wrong on the weather this weekend! If not how will it impact rush if at all? 1-3” snow/ice during the day Friday and 8-12” Friday night.