GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Where are all the Potential PNMs? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=106096)

AnchorAlumna 07-02-2009 11:57 AM

Where are all the Potential PNMs?

Does it seem that we have fewer PNMs (AKA rushees) on here than usual?

I miss 'em....and their "stupid" questions.:(

kiteflyersmom 07-02-2009 11:59 AM

I'm not surprised that people are afraid to post here.....

texas*princess 07-02-2009 12:00 PM

Maybe they are reading the Sticky treads! That would be awesome.

Psi U MC Vito 07-02-2009 12:00 PM

wait doesn't the P stand for potential? SO you are looking for the potential potential new members?

AnchorAlumna 07-02-2009 12:01 PM

OK, I checked the stats and right now, there are 23 members and 123 guests perusing the boards.

I'm guessing some of our replies have frightened away PNMs.

BUT....if they're reading old threads before they ask questions...that's a GOOD thing! :p

AnchorAlumna 07-02-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito (Post 1822358)
wait doesn't the P stand for potential? SO you are looking for the potential potential new members?

YOU are CORRECT!
I'm sorry.:( It won't let me correct the title.

srmom 07-02-2009 12:03 PM

I'm betting they are lurking. Or, maybe they are out at the lake or beach enjoying their last summer before college!! :D

Oh, to be young again! And, not sitting behind a computer at work!!

Just found out we are working tomorrow - WTH??

littleowl33 07-02-2009 12:11 PM

The majority of the PNM posts I've seen have just been in reference to the chapter reputations at their soon-to-be college. I bet more serious questions will be coming later. I agree with srmom - they just got of high school a few months ago and they're probably still out celebrating!

Psi U MC Vito 07-02-2009 12:14 PM

I never got the point of coming to this site as a nongreek and asking questions. If you have questions shouldn't you ask somebody at your own school? I do like this site for connecting greeks though. I have learned so much about NPC recruitment from this site. (My school doesn't have formal recruitment)

jennyj87 07-02-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito (Post 1822366)
I never got the point of coming to this site as a nongreek and asking questions. If you have questions shouldn't you ask somebody at your own school? I do like this site for connecting greeks though. I have learned so much about NPC recruitment from this site. (My school doesn't have formal recruitment)

I agree to some extent.
There has been a facebook group created at my school saying "My School 2013" and one of the groups is "who is rushing in the fall?"
I got so sick of reading all the questions with the wrong answer getting answered I posted ( a big no no talking to PNMs but whatever) and was like "CONTACT PANHELLENIC"

srmom 07-02-2009 02:00 PM

I have to add to my earlier post:

TPTB CAME TO THEIR SENSES AND WE ARE NOT WORKING TOMORROW!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!! :D

Sorry, back to regularly scheduled programming. ;)

AOII_LB93 07-02-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiteflyersmom (Post 1822356)
I'm not surprised that people are afraid to post here.....

QFP

Just so you know, not everyone here is a snarky bitch. Some of us just don't appreciate the craptastic attitude some people have, so we have stopped posting when it comes to giving advice. Some of us are also tired of parents who live a greek experience vicariously through their children and want to know why their dearest darlings were cut because they are so fabulous and wonderful.

annabella 07-02-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII_LB93 (Post 1822414)
QFP

Just so you know, not everyone here is a snarky bitch. Some of us just don't appreciate the craptastic attitude some people have, so we have stopped posting when it comes to giving advice. Some of us are also tired of parents who live a greek experience vicariously through their children and want to know why their dearest darlings were cut because they are so fabulous and wonderful.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...pg?w=500&h=375

KSUViolet06 07-02-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII_LB93 (Post 1822414)
QFP

YES.

We get a little annoyed with answering the SAME questions over and over.

We also get a little sick of getting snark from PNMs when they ask ridiculous questions and don't want honest answers.

We're also totally OVER retro threads from random people who don't even post here and really just came here to get attention.

You get the idea. It gets a little annoying.

LoveKU28 07-02-2009 09:01 PM

I'm a PNM!

The Stickys about recruitment are very helpful. :) Just sayin'.