GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Friend pretending to be in a Sorority (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=145884)

cbatt 02-04-2015 12:05 AM

Friend pretending to be in a Sorority

My friend claims shes in a sorority, but it is very obvious she isn't. She doesn't have pictures and no one knows who she is. She makes up stories and says she has a big, but she doesn't. She doesn't go to meetings and doesn't pay a thing. How do I go about this situation? She needs someone to call her out and Id rather not be that person.

clemsongirl 02-04-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbatt (Post 2306844)
My friend claims shes in a sorority, but it is very obvious she isn't. She doesn't have pictures and no one knows who she is. She makes up stories and says she has a big, but she doesn't. She doesn't go to meetings and doesn't pay a thing. How do I go about this situation? She needs someone to call her out and Id rather not be that person.

To clarify: are you in this sorority or another sorority? What kind of sorority is it? How does she claim to be in it, i.e. does she wear their shirts and letters or just tell people she is in one? Does the chapter in question know about her already?

cbatt 02-04-2015 12:11 AM

I am not in a sorority. Shes just a close friend that tends to lie about everything. She says shes in Zeta. She tweets about it and put it in her twitter bio. She doesn't have letter or shirts. No one knows who she is.

33girl 02-04-2015 01:15 AM

She sounds like she needs psychological help.

thetalady 02-04-2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbatt (Post 2306846)
I am not in a sorority. Shes just a close friend that tends to lie about everything. She says shes in Zeta. She tweets about it and put it in her twitter bio. She doesn't have letter or shirts. No one knows who she is.

You mean ZTA, the NPC sorority?

Geez, why would you have a friend, a CLOSE friend, that "tends to lie about everything"? I don't get it. :eek:

pinksequins 02-04-2015 06:43 AM

I think she means NPHC. Paging Dr. Phil.

knight_shadow 02-04-2015 11:11 AM

Let the Zetas handle it.

lake 02-04-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2306849)
She sounds like she needs psychological help.

Agreed. Why do some women do this? It's creepy.

I once had a friend who lied about being engaged. She's not my friend anymore.

TonyB06 02-04-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbatt (Post 2306844)

Why do you need to do anything about the situation?

MysticCat 02-04-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinksequins (Post 2306860)
I think she means NPHC. Paging Dr. Phil.

The parts about "she says she has a big" and not having "letters or shirts" makes me think Zeta Tau Alpha, not Zeta Phi Beta.

But k_s is right: Whichever Zeta this is, let them handle it.

pinksequins 02-04-2015 11:58 AM

Agree -- not her issue.