GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   west coast recruitment - u of o/wazzou (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=100386)

midwestxx 10-15-2008 12:25 PM

west coast recruitment - u of o/wazzou

knight_shadow 10-15-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwestxx (Post 1731285)
i am considering transferring to one of these schools, although nothing is for sure yet. how competitive is rush for junior transfers? i will only technically be a freshman/MAYBE sophomore, but i know that may not be taken into consideration so i want to prepare myself. i am a young junior, i will only be 19. being involved in greek life is something that i have dreamed about, and i will definitely be going into the rush process with an open mind. any information about these places would be helpful. thanks ladies!

Huh?

midwestxx 10-15-2008 12:32 PM

knight_shadow 10-15-2008 04:06 PM

So you're in your 3rd year, but only have enough credits to be classified as a freshman/sophomore? Just trying to understand.

KSUViolet06 10-15-2008 04:15 PM

You should do a search. There have been threads posted here about Oregon recruitment recently.

knight_shadow 10-15-2008 04:22 PM

/hi-jack

I tried looking this up on Google, but didn't see anything. How does "Wazzou" mean "Oregon"? Is that the name of a city where one of its campuses is located or something? Seems like an odd nickname.

/end hi-jack

Unregistered- 10-15-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1731458)
/hi-jack

I tried looking this up on Google, but didn't see anything. How does "Wazzou" mean "Oregon"? Is that the name of a city where one of its campuses is located or something? Seems like an odd nickname.

/end hi-jack

She's referring to Washington State University = WSU = Wazzu.

epchick 10-15-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1731458)
/hi-jack

/end hi-jack

I believe Wazzou is Washington State. I think she wants to know about both U of Oregon and WSU

ETA: OTW beat me to it

Denise_DPhiE 10-15-2008 04:25 PM

Two different schools - U of U and Wazzou which is Washington State U in Pullman. My friend was a AGD there and she said it was competitive but sophomores did get picked up. Contact greek life office for guidance.

knight_shadow 10-15-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTW (Post 1731459)
She's referring to Washington State University = WSU = Wazzu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by epchick (Post 1731460)
I believe Wazzou is Washington State. I think she wants to know about both U of Oregon and WSU

ETA: OTW beat me to it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise_DPhiE (Post 1731461)
Two different schools - U of U and Wazzou which is Washington State U in Pullman. My friend was a AGD there and she said it was competitive but sophomores did get picked up. Contact greek life office for guidance.

I originally thought WSU until the Oregon thing popped up. Got it now. Thanks for the clarification!

*and now, back to the topic*

PeppyGPhiB 10-15-2008 04:28 PM

Note that it's WAZZU, and it's WSU. U. Washington = U-DUB.

midwestxx 10-15-2008 04:53 PM

KSUViolet06 10-15-2008 06:34 PM

All we can really do is give you info, nobody can really tell you for certain whether you'll get a bid or not.

basket96 10-15-2008 06:59 PM

Yes, be up front about your remaining time on campus. You can say "while I am technically a junior, due to transfer issues, I will be on campus and involved in sorority life for the next 3-4 years." That is important, because it is tough to pledge a young women and who then leaves before being able to hold an office or get super involved with sorority life. I don't mean to imply that upperclassmen don't get bids, because they often do, but it can be a drawback, so to be up front about it will only be to your advantage.

Good luck!

WCsweet<3 10-15-2008 10:05 PM

U of O

I just went through recruitment for Oregon. Get recs even if they aren't stressed because its a step in the door, but don't freak out if you are missing a few. I went pretty far with a house where I didn't have a letter. Your status shouldn't matter much. There was a girl at my house who got a bid as a junior. Your year won't matter much. I went in as a transfer sophomore in credits but will be there for four more years. No one seemed to care.