GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Tau Kappa Epsilon (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Old School Movie (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=29467)

SOTKE242 02-11-2003 06:41 AM

Old School Movie

Is anybody else here gonna go see the movie "Old School" with Will Ferrell in it? He's a Teke after all. I'm just curious as to whether or not there will be any Teke references in it. He has worn his letters on Saturday Night Live before. The one segment I saw him with letters had him on a game show. They referred to him as 'the fraternity guy' or something, but he stepped up to the game show podium and yelled "RUSH TKE! WHOOOOO!!!" It was damn cool. hehe

The1calledTKE 02-11-2003 11:14 AM

I am going to go see it. Is Will definately a TKE? I know I have heard he is but we are not the only one that claims him.

Rio_Kohitsuji 02-11-2003 06:57 PM

Hmm..I'll have to tell my Teke that's Will is a Teke.. :)

Hehe, me and Dusty are gonna go see it here soon, it looks hilarious!

SOTKE242 02-11-2003 08:30 PM

Is Will a Teke?

I personally have seen Will Ferrell on Saturday Night Live at least once wearing TKE clothes. And he mentioned it once. According to some of my brothers, they've seen him do it on a few episodes. If it happened that he wasn't a Teke, then shall we say 'infringement.' hehe

The1calledTKE 02-11-2003 11:21 PM

I have seen that episode too but I think it is just a prop shirt. Mike Myers wore a TKE shirt in one of the older ones making fun of sorority girls. The one actress had a Tri Delt shirt on. I know Mike Myers isn't a TKE. This would be a good question to be answered byt the IHQ members that read this board. Can someone look it up?

SOTKE242 02-12-2003 05:06 AM

Mike Myers? Really?

Wow. I didn't know Mike Myers wore a TKE shirt during one of his skits. I remember something of the skit, but I do not remember a Teke shirt in it. Of course, I wasn't even a brother the last time I saw it. If the cast of SNL wants to use the shirt then they should atleast portray it in a dignifying manner (although it is a comedy show). I mean come on. Those are our letters. If some joe schmoe can wear them for the TV then why can't Ron Jeremy wear letters even though he was initiated as an honorary and denied by IHQ? I hate to beat a dead horse, but atleast Teke's wanted Ron Jeremy to be a brother (not that Austin Powers/Mike Myers or Will Ferrell wouldn't be great additions).

Is there any way of finding out if Will Ferrell is a Teke? And furthermore, I wonder if there is a way to find out why SNL has our letters as part of their props? Any suggestions?

The1calledTKE 02-12-2003 10:30 AM

The only way the way we could find out is if somebody from IHQ looks it up because they are the only ones that can look that info up.

tkeos443 02-13-2003 09:58 AM

I have a friend who lives down there and she said that the house involved is a Teke house. Will Ferrel actually made the arangements for the house to be used with IHQ, and when they finished they had one hell of a party and Vince Vaughn and Wll actually came. The house is the San Diego State Univ. chapter I do believe

The1calledTKE 02-16-2003 12:30 AM

Will Ferrell is definately not a TKE. He is a Delta Tau Delta.

It is confirmed by the NIC site as well in a article at the snl site.

here is the snl article it is near the bottome of it...

http://www.saturday-night-live.com/s..._nightout.html

The1calledTKE 02-18-2003 08:11 PM

I don't know if Will used the San Diego TKE house. It maybe the Rutgers TKE house. He is at the Rutgers TKE house in the comdey central special on Old School. To bad the house looks like crap inside. They should have picked up the trash. I wonder if it is intentional for the show though.

Nu-Mu356 02-18-2003 11:48 PM

Already seen it. Seeing it again... 5 more times

SOTKE242 02-19-2003 02:45 AM

Will Ferrell not a TKE?

I'm closer to believing he is a Teke now more than ever. Just some stuff he was saying on the Comedy Central special as well as the fact that he is not on Delta Tau Delta's Who's Who of famous alumni. I checked their nationals page and could not find him. I did find a list of actors who I had no clue of their identity. He is pretty famous. Why not brag about that stuff you know?

Anyhow I'm sure the house is in such shambles just to add on to the story line of the 'Reel Comedy' special. I mean come on. Would your chapter leave their house dirty like that if they knew that it was going to be on national television? Think about it. He was also 'hazing' a brother in it too. Did you think that was real? The Barney stone? It was merely a mock of MTV's Cribs with Will Ferrell in a trashed fraternity house. Nothing more. Although I'm sure some of the stuff was real, I'm also sure alot of it was fake. All that trash on the side of their house. I know the city would complain about that, if not the neighbors. It was all rigged.

The1calledTKE 02-19-2003 10:16 AM

IHQ members confirmed he is not a TKE. The National Interfraternity Councel site also confirms he is a Delt.

http://www.nicindy.org/entertainment.html

SOTKE242 02-19-2003 08:21 PM

Well damn. Doesn't that suck. Good research ZNTKE.

The1calledTKE 02-19-2003 08:27 PM

He may be a Delt but he is giving us alot of good PR.