GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chi Omega (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Songs!!! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=63504)

OSUHooter 02-24-2005 12:10 AM

Songs/Chants Please Share :)

Hello lovely Chi Omega ladies!

Please help my chapter...we are in dire need of fun songs. Other than "Shades," and "Pass It On," we don't really have any good songs to sing during candle passings...so it gets a little old since we seem to have one every week! Also, we only have about two fun songs/chants: "There are no Chi Omega's down in Hell," and "Damn Damn." I always seem to hear fun ones for other organizations from my friends, but our chapter seems to be out of the loop for Chi Omega songs! Please share the wealth!!! :)

Owl Love

OSUHooter ;)

~*Chi Omega Yours Forever*~

Hootie 02-28-2005 04:53 AM

Have you ever heard of "Hair of Gold"?

It's hard to tell you how to sing it because it doens't go with any tune I'd ever heard of...but I know my chapter used to sing it all the time.

The lyrics:
She has hair of gold and her eyes are blue and her cheeks are rosey too. And on her chest she wore the crest of the X and the ole' horse shoe. She ran around with every frat in town, many hearts were broken when she turned them down...she's the cutest girl in whole wide world, she's a Chi Omega girl

Now when she pledged she was very young but old enough to know. The very best frat in the whole wide world was her very own Chi-O. She finished school, married a man, and now she's the president of IBM. She's the cutest girl in the whole wide world, she's a Chi Omega girl

Chi Omega Girl
Chi Omega Girl

Who can you count on?
A Chi Omega girl!

utcxo 03-24-2005 11:35 PM

chi o songs

I have never heard of "Pass it on" or the 2 chants you previously mentioned..."There are no Chi Omegas in Hell" and "Damn, Damn"

How do they go? I would love to know!:confused:

Thanks!

NutBrnHair 03-25-2005 12:14 PM

Interesting how we have a former "church song" mentioned in the same sentence with these other two. Please don't dare type the words to any basement songs here -- use good judgement.

NutBrnHair 03-25-2005 12:17 PM

Here's a good one:

CHI OMEGA YOURS FOREVER

Chi Omega yours forever, loyal we will be, to our symphony and colors our fraternity. Rho, beta, upsilon, eta, sigma, bear your standards high. For our bond shall ne'r be broken, Chi Omega Chi.

What is this that morning sunshine guilds with golden beams? Tis' the pin of Chi Omega, emblem of our dreams. Rho, beta, upsilon, eta, sigma, bear your standards high. For our bond shall ne'r be broken, Chi Omega Chi.

OSUHooter 03-25-2005 08:24 PM

Pass It On Lyrics

Apparently there are various versions, but this is the one I was taught :)

Pass It On

It only takes a spark to get a Chi O going,
And soon all those around,
Will warm up to her glowing,
That's how it is with our love,
Once you've experienced it,
We'll spread our love to everyone,
You'll want to pass it on.

My wish for you my friend,
This happiness that I've found,
You can depend on me,
It matters not where you're bound,
I'll shout it from the mountain tops,
I want the world to know,
That Chi O love has come to me,
I want to pass it on.

(Then there is another verse that we don't always sing...bear with me as the words may not be exact...)

What a wondrous time is Spring,
When all the trees are blooming,
The birds begin to sing,
The flowers start their budding,
That's how it is in Chi O,
Once you've experienced it,
You'll want to sing,
It's fresh like Spring,
You'll want to pass it on.

NutBrnHair 03-25-2005 08:33 PM

"Pass It On" tune:

(Kurt Kaiser, "Pass It On," Baptist Hymnal, William J. Reynolds, editor [Nashville: Convention Press] 1975, No. 287)

UTCChiOAlum 04-02-2005 07:59 PM

The Chi Omega Nationals website has a resource with songs and many other cool things. I was Recruitment Chair, and the National Consultant showed me how to get there. It has been along time, but I believe it was under Recruitment.

I hope it will help!:)

Beta_delta04 05-31-2005 12:45 AM

Wow I haven't been on here in quite awhile!! For our greek sing this year we took the song from Mary Poppins "supercalifradilisicexpelaidocious or however you spell it and changed the words of the chorus:

Super Chi Omega sisters love me as I am
Always there to lend a hand when I am in a jam
They're so sweet and so sincere and always understand
Super Chi Omega sisters love me as I am!

We have this crazy cheer that we call the ahhh cheer because a sister just puts her fist in the hair and starts scream AHHH until all the sister run to her and put their fist in the air. When all the sisters get there you scream:

Chi, Chi, Chi O Chi
Chi Omega till we die!
Who, who who are we
We're the best sorority, go Chi O!

Hope this helps!

chio774 08-01-2005 12:42 PM

These are some songS that we sang during recruitment I always enjoyed them. We did our skit to the Chi Omega Time travel Train, showing how Chi Omegas helped out through time!!

50's Stop in the name of Love
Stop!! In the name of love and open up your heart
Baby Baby we're aware of what you want from a sorority.
We see you walking doen the street, helping the folks you meet.
So this time before you walk out our door
Remember what Chi Omega is for
Think over (Chi O will be good to you)
Think over (Chi O's reaching out for you)

60s's Chi O is the one for you
The moment you wake up, before you put on your make up
Chi O is the one for you
While combing your hair now, and wondering dress to wear now
Chi O is the one for you.
Chi O forever its stays in your heart.
Together forever we never will part
( I forgot some words..old age!)

90's/00'S Come on over:
Come on over Come on over ladies (3x)
Hey girls dont ya know we got something going on
All Chi O'S gonna care gonna help all day long
I know, you know
How much we love Chi O
With you we know, our sisiterhood will grow.
So girl wont you, Come and help us out wont you ladies.
Listen to me
All I want is you , Come over here baby, All I want is you. You know you make us go crazy
All I want is you. Now ladies dont be shy, we know we've crossed your mind. Chi O will love you right cause all I want is you.

hootiehootiehoo 11-12-2008 11:55 PM

My pledge class and I just learned a really cute new chant that goes something like this:

Well I had a little owl
(Well I had a little owl)
And I put him on a fence
(And I put him on a fence)
And he called for the CHI O's
(And he called for the CHI O's)
Cause he has a good sense
(Cause he has a good sense)
N' I said a hootie hootie hootie hootie hootie hootie hoo!
(a hootie hootie hootie hootie hootie hootie hoo)

This is super cute!! And you really have to get into the hootie hootie hoo part and dance and stuff its a lot of fun and our class loves to do it!

Also another chant:

We're number 1, O-N-E
Cause we're Chi, C-H-I
Omgea, we're Chi Omega!
(Repeat as many times as you want)

Jobellesis 11-29-2008 12:00 PM

Am I the only one who remembers "Lovely Lady"? We'd sing that, Shades, Pass It On, Wise Old Owl, Chi Omega Yours Forever, We Love This House, My Sisters and I. We sang a lot of songs. My daughter was in the same chapter(27 years later), and they did not sing as much as we did and didn't know most of the songs that we knew. I've never seen anyone on here even mention Lovely Lady.

To you Lovely Lady, of Chi O,
Our hearts Lovely Lady, are yearning so,
Your fairer than the fair, and oh, so true,
I love you.
To you I bring
a white carnation
symbol of our love and adoration
Take it and you'll know
Our hearts will ever grow
Worthy of you
Lady Chi O

I've never heard the melody anywhere else. I don't think the song is used anymore, but we sang it at candle lights (that's what we called them) and rush.

NutBrnHair 12-02-2008 09:57 AM

Hmmmm... no, I've never heard "Lovely Lady." Which chapter are you from Jobellesis? Maybe it was an original song written by someone from your chapter?

Jobellesis 12-04-2008 11:21 PM

I'm from Zeta Theta at MTSU. I pledged in 1975. I have no idea where we got it, but they sang it during prefs in 1975. When they sang to you I bring a white carnation, they handed you a white carnation. We sang it all the time right up until I graduated. It wasn't my favorite song, but I just wondered about it.

rerobins9885 03-13-2009 03:58 PM

Chi Omega Song

Yoyo. My name is Ryan Robinson, and I wrote about Chi Omega song called XOXO for the Iota Gamma chapter last year. Its awesome. Check it out on our myspace.

www.myspace.com/amateurhourband