GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Phi Beta Sigma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Sigma Doves, Stars, Moons, etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=7165)

Pretty Kitty 07-05-2001 11:27 PM

Sigma Doves, Stars, Moons, etc.

I was discussing this topic with others on bet.com the other day and I wanted to know how you guys feel in relation to little sister organizations of Phi Beta Sigma. I know you all have a good idea of how us sorors feel. Why are they being supported and how do they help you?

Also, there is a group called the Zeta Knights. Of coarse they share our colors, but they throw a sign like well... it is your sign. It is not ours. How do you all feel about that?
I am not lying. It is www.members.tripod.com/ZetaKnights look at their pictures.

BluDevil1914 07-08-2001 09:40 AM

Now as far as auxillary organizations, to my understanding, there purpose is to assist the boys going thru the intake process. I personally didn't have any, it was just me and my LB's. We do have some on my campus though, and they are cool ppls. NOW as far as Zeta Knights go, I guess I feel the way yall feel about Sigma Auxillaries. I don't care too much about the auxillary but it was there choice so more power to em. I never even met one before. But as far as throwing up MY sign, i don't know why the hell that is happening when they didn't even go thru what I went thru to throw it up. They don't even know the significance of the sign. To me thats just a bunch of bulls#%t, but this is just my opinion.

------------------
#1 2000 FALL
MIGHTY "GANGSTA" GAMMA CHAPTER
MORGAN STATE UNIV.

DailyWood1914 07-08-2001 01:43 PM

TO EACH THEIR OWN....I DON'T HAEV ANY FEELINGS POSTIVE OR NEGATIVE TOWARDS ZETA KNIGHTS....THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ME OR MY FRAT...AS FAR AS THROWING THE SIGN...THATS NO NO...I DOUBT ANY OF THEM WOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO DO THAT NEAR SOME SIGMAS....

DivineZeta 07-31-2001 03:50 PM

When I was an undergrad, we had Zeta Knights and their sign was nothing like the Sigmas. Those guys still helped us out, but they had nothing to do with our lines.
That was a No No.

Where we love and respect them, they weren't greek so they had no business takin part in our pledge process. They really had no business dealing in the real business of Zeta Phi Beta.

The sigmas on campus did have Silohuettes and they were included in so much of their activities that they did a lot of disrespectful stuff towards other greeks. Including us. They threw ou signs, they even tried to break our line (I said they tried http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif ).
So when we had knights, they were more of our guide of what not to do.

It cause a lot of strife between us (Sigmas and Zetas) so Sigmas agreed not to have them anymore, because our relationship is what is most important.

DivineZeta

BlueFury-1914 08-07-2001 10:31 AM

Let me start off saying, I LOVE ZETAS WITH MY WHOLE HEART !!!!!

Well, if the auxilary is ran the right way it is cool, but usually, the brother or sister of the greek has a problem with them no matter what. For example, my school had Doves at one time. We invited the Zetas to come and be a part and to teach them somethings and to talk with them so that the wouldn't be disrespected. Did that help? No! Some of them still treated them shady. The Doves didn't step. They had a hand sign, completely different from the Zetas. They knew they weren't greek and they respected all greeks on the campus. Lining wasn't a problem because they didn't do it and if they did they got in trouble. The only time they were permitted to step was with a Sigma and that was if we weren't stepping with a Zeta. We had some tight Doves. They had good grades and they were decent looking, but since the Zetas had problems with them, they didn't make the transition from Dove to Zeta, they chose another organization. Now I'm sure things were said on both sides, but oh well. We had Doves at a time when we needed help and couldn't get that help from our constituitionally bound sisters.

Zeta Knights: I have no opinion one way or the other, just please do not use my hand sign. You are not Sigmas. If you want to use that sign, join the frat either through grad or undergrad. I have nothing against what they do for, with, or to Zetas. I think it is disrespectful for them to assimilate any type of representation of Sigmas. I pledged Sigma to have the right to say GOMAB, BLUE-PHI---U KNOW, throw of the sign and etc., but more importantly, I did it so that I could join the wondrous band of great men to speed our cause of Brotherhood, Scholarship and Service on it's way!!! In a nutshell, everything that is relative to Sigmas should only be done by Sigmas and the same is true for Zetas, therefore if you take lil sister/brother groups, make sure that you are not infringing on a right that should belong exclusively to the fraternity or sorority.

zphisosweet2001 08-11-2001 02:29 PM

hi everyone!

I was just surfing and found pretty kitty's post interesting. I agree with all that issaid, but one thing I do know is that most of the guys pictured with the hand signs on the website are members of Phi Beta Sigma and have been since '96 and '97. They are members from Elizabeth City State University and Old Dominion University.
There are a few faces I do not recognize and I can't speak for them as to whether or not they are Frat. It is puzzling to me as to
why my Frat are referring to themselves as Zeta Knights but I will be sure to ask when I see them.

peace...

I was discussing this topic with others on bet.com the other day and I wanted to know how you guys feel in relation to little sister organizations of Phi Beta Sigma. I know you all have a good idea of how us sorors feel. Why are they being supported and how do they help you?

Also, there is a group called the Zeta Knights. Of coarse they share our colors, but they throw a sign like well... it is your sign. It is not ours. How do you all feel about that?
I am not lying. It is www.members.tripod.com/ZetaKnights look at their pictures.
[/QUOTE]

PrettyKitty 08-23-2001 10:27 AM

:eek:

legacypbs 08-24-2001 03:54 PM

This is funny. My ADP made this page. Before he became a Sigma he was a Knight. If you look at the frames page he has links to a page about Phi Beta Sigma and that is where some of the pics are from. Those are pics of my chapter the Vicious Omicron Iota from Old Dominion University. Trust we ain't no Knights. ;)