GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Sororities & Juicy Campus (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=100861)

bamabell09 11-03-2008 07:40 PM

Sororities & Juicy Campus

I saw the website, juicy campus,and i was absolutely appauled. It has a lot ranking, gossiping, and discriminatory things towards the Greek system,among many other insane things. (Bamas in particular) As a PNM this kinda worries me. :(
Is there anything that can be done about this?

CrackerBarrel 11-03-2008 07:42 PM

Don't post on it?

I think a lot of it is funny, not so much the singling out individuals though. And I don't share the distaste for rankings/tiers that a lot here do.

FSUZeta 11-03-2008 07:43 PM

the best thing to do is not to participate in any juicycampus gossip. everything on there is unverified-either someones opinion or something posted by someone with an ax to grind.

bamabell09 11-03-2008 07:53 PM

sorry for the confusion, but i dont,at all,post on it....and there is nothing funny at all about Bama's page.its EXTREMELY racist and very anti-greek...
i was just wondering if this website would be removed because of its content

CrackerBarrel 11-03-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamabell09 (Post 1739592)
sorry for the confusion, but i dont,at all,post on it....and there is nothing funny at all about Bama's page.its EXTREMELY racist and very anti-greek...

I understand, I was just saying that about all you can do about it is not post.

Kevin 11-03-2008 08:13 PM

JC has its uses so long as you know what it is and how unreliable the information is.

gee_ess 11-04-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamabell09 (Post 1739592)

As many know on here, I am a huge dissenter regarding the use and purpose of JC. Take the advice to never, never post (especially responding in hopes of correcting info, etc). Unfortunately, if you read JC's Terms of Agreement, they leave no recourse for any type of corrections or removal of content. They owners of the site are proud of the trouble and controversy they create.

Fawn Liebowitz 11-04-2008 10:34 AM

Don't even waste time reading Juicy Campus. Form your own opinions about sororities at Alabama based on personal experience, not on what you read on that trashy site.

sarahsmilehawk 11-04-2008 12:24 PM

Panhellenic has told us to stay far, far away from Juicy Campus. It has trashed a few individual reputations (based on total fiction, from what I gather) and it's just altogether negative. It's NOT a good reflection of the attitudes at our campus as a whole.

From what I can tell, it's especially bad at SEC and other big greek schools. All you can do is avoid it, and don't ever ever ever form your opinion based on a JC post.

PANTHERTEKE 11-04-2008 01:13 PM

It all of a sudden got really big last week where I'm at, and in the past two weeks there's been like 13 pages worth of crap posted. Hopefully it'll die over though.

jessica.lanelle 11-04-2008 02:42 PM

Juicy Campus is for losers.

When Doves Cry 11-04-2008 04:48 PM

it just got popular over here too
it's funny reading some of the stuff they say about everyone. especially when you know it's not true. some people just love to argue:rolleyes:

srmom 11-04-2008 05:47 PM

Okay, I checked out the website and found something really disturbing - I saw posts regarding a kid I know, and I know his mom REALLY well. OMGosh! I'm not going to say anything to her, but geesh, I wish I hadn't read what I did - guilty knowledge. I wonder how many people have read what was said and believed it.

UGGHHH! Kids today! Don't they have any idea of the havoc they are raking with this unfettered access to the internet? People's reputations and futures can be ruined.

When Doves Cry 11-08-2008 02:18 AM

our chapter got dragged in. theyre saying such awful things. i want it taken down :(

Benzgirl 11-08-2008 12:00 PM

JC is what it is, and those who know what it is don't use it as a reference. I've read threads on it and you are correct, it's awful. Is there anything we can do about it? Yes...don't log on.