GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Yet another rush story! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=22306)

GPhiSweetiePie 08-20-2002 10:28 AM

Yet another rush story!

Hey all! This isn't my story, but my boyfriend is going to his first rush function tonight! He's very excited. I won't reveal what house until the end (just in case he doesn't get in, but of course I have my fingers crossed), but the men from this house were extremely nice to him the other day when he got to meet a handful of them. A lot of our school's fraternities had tables set up to recruit people, and he already had an idea that he wanted to rush this house, but they came right over to him before he even had to go to their table. They're a great group of guys and I really hope he enjoys the party tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes, if you're interested! :)

EagleChick19 08-20-2002 10:43 AM

Tell him Good Luck and keep on posting to let us know what is going on... :)

justamom 08-20-2002 04:49 PM

Well GREAT GOSH ALMIGHTY! A FRATERNITY THREAD!!! THANK YOU!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR HUNNY BUN!:)

violets 08-20-2002 04:54 PM

Excellent, a fraternity story! I can't wait to hear the details!
Good luck!

ChiOJenn78 08-20-2002 06:45 PM

How fun! Give details-what school, what fraternities....you know the drill!! :D

GPhiSweetiePie 08-20-2002 10:41 PM

Let me fill everyone in! We both go to Purdue, which has the following fraternities:
Acacia
Alpha Chi Rho
Alpha Epsilon Pi
Alpha Gamma Rho
Alpha Kappa Lambda
Alpha Sigma Phi
Alpha Tau Omega
Beta Sigma Psi
Beta Theta Pi
Chi Phi
Delta Chi
Delta Sigma Phi
Delta Tau Delta
Delta Theta Sigma
Delta Upsilon
Evans Scholars
FarmHouse
Kappa Delta Rho
Kappa Sigma
Lambda Chi Alpha
Phi Delta Theta
Phi Gamma Delta
Phi Kappa Psi
Phi Kappa Sigma
Phi Kappa Tau
Phi Kappa Theta
Phi Sigma Kappa
Pi Kappa Alpha
Pi Kappa Phi
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Sigma Chi
Sigma Nu
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Sigma Pi
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Theta Chi
Theta Tau
Theta Xi
Triangle
Zeta Psi

That is a LOT to choose from! He has been to one rush party so far at a yet-to-be-revealed house, and he may attend parties at one other house. The party tonight included a cookout and a house tour. He said that most of the guys he talked to were really great, but he was a little bit worried because he said that a couple of the seniors weren't quite as friendly. I explained to him that this is pretty normal, after all, it's their house and they've been in it for quite a while now, it's got to be weird to think of a bunch of new people getting involved in it. Also, their pledge period is really long, but I think that might be a good thing, it shows how seriously they take it...after all, these guys are going to be their brothers. He also said that one of the guys he talked to told him that their house does not haze, which was a relief to hear after a different house got in trouble for that last year. Overall, I think he had a good time tonight, and the next party for that house is on Thursday. I'll keep you posted!

SparkliiQTMTSU 08-20-2002 10:50 PM

GOODNESS!!! that would soo be way too many for me to choose from lol! anyways I wish him the best of luck and keep us posted!

nichole

GPhiBLtColonel 08-20-2002 11:48 PM

I want to know all the details about what he wears for rush...:D
Like kitten heels etc;) hehe

No seriously, I can't wait to read this --a frat rush thread should be eye-opening -- esp with soooo many frats to choose from...my gosh!

P.S. I hear Gamma Phi is GREAT there at Purdue! When do y'all have rush?

AlphaSigLana 08-21-2002 12:12 AM

What the heck is farmhouse and Accacia?
Wow that is too many houses to choose from!

erniegurl00 08-21-2002 12:37 AM

My cousin is a Phi Kappa Tau at Purdue!! (Actually his older brother is now an alum.) From what I've heard they are a bunch of good guys. :) I also have friends in Theta Chi and Delta Theta Sigma! Please keep us updated! :D

Erin

erniegurl00 08-21-2002 12:40 AM

I also wanted to mention that you were right about the senior thing. My cousin was a 5th year senior, and I know that he felt a big age distance from the new members who were joining. Tell your bf that he has nothing to worry about, and wish him the best of luck!

Erin

GPhiSweetiePie 08-21-2002 01:08 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement! And to the one who asked, at my house we do deferred recruitment in January.

SATX*APhi 08-21-2002 01:38 AM

Wow, a different spin to rush threads. :) Keep us posted! Best of luck to your boyfriend!!

theta sig agd 08-21-2002 02:32 AM

I often wondered how men do there rush. So you dont have to go to all the houses like with NPC? Fill me in on how men's rush works..

FuzzieAlum 08-21-2002 11:13 AM

FarmHouse and Acacia are NIC fraternities just like the other ones are. FH has an ag slant.