GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Bisexual Katharine Hepburn's Long List of Lovers (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=46370)

moe.ron 02-06-2004 09:00 AM

Bisexual Katharine Hepburn's Long List of Lovers

Quote:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported today that once her fans have read Katharine Hepburn's biography, due for release on Feb 14th, they will wonder where she found the time to make movies amongst the list of lovers in the book.

The biography "Katharine the Great" lists Claudette Colbert, Ernest Hemingway, John Ford, Greta Garbo, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Judy Holliday, John Barrymore, Robert Mitchum, Judy Garland and Burt Lancaster, amongst others, as her lovers.

"Katharine the Great" is an unauthorised biography, and it's author, Darwin Porter, claims that First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt also had a crush on Hepburn.
Rest of Story Here

justamom 02-06-2004 09:07 AM

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/sad/suru.gif I wish I hadn't read that!

Oh well, she was a wonderful actress and perhaps her numerous life experiences added to her talent.

At least she had good taste!:)

sherbertlemons 02-06-2004 03:20 PM

Sounds like a lot of b.s. to me!

UKDaisy 02-06-2004 03:45 PM

Okay, 2 phrases I didn't want to hear put together : 1.) Katharine Hepburn 2.) long list of lovers
:eek:

She was beautiful in her day, but I wouldn't think she'd be a "go- getter" amoung hollywood. Maybe thats just me, but that kinda surprises me - she does have good taste!

lovelyivy84 02-06-2004 03:46 PM

She was one of the most independent actresses of her time. Given that in that day age age the media would never out a star, I have no problem believing that she would have that kind of list.

And I agree, good taste.

Peaches-n-Cream 02-06-2004 04:45 PM

Why do I doubt the veracity of this book?

Unregistered- 02-06-2004 05:01 PM

Even if she preferred both sexes, does it even really matter?

This woman's dead, but she'll be long remembered for her illustrious film career. In these days you got ugly chicks kissing ugly chicks in broad daylight. At least Ms. Hepburn tried to make it glamorous. And some people still look down on sexual preference? Please. :rolleyes:

33girl 02-06-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
At least Ms. Hepburn tried to make it glamorous.
For real. Hell, I'd make out with Claudette Colbert. :p She certainly beats Sandra Bernhard.

I've heard time and again that Judy Garland was bi (not that there's anything wrong with that) but it seems to be based primarily on the fact that her dad & a husband or two were gay and it "transferred" somehow. When you have a screwed up relationship with your mom (as Judy certainly did) you often form very strong attachments with other women to make up for it. That doesn't mean you want to sleep with them.

justamom 02-06-2004 05:40 PM

33girl-For real. Hell, I'd make out with Claudette Colbert. She certainly beats Sandra Bernhard.

LOL!!!:D

Marlena Dietrich's daughter was on Larry King and said her mother lived the same lifestyle as described in this article.
It would have been devastating for their careers and like lovelyivy84 said, Hollywood would never "out" them. I guess it really makes sense when you remember how the studios had their stables and who else could they trust but others with something at stake.

KillarneyRose 02-06-2004 05:58 PM

To me, the thought of Katharine Hepburn being a carpetmuncher (which may or may not be true) is much more palatable (um, ok bad choice of word there!) than her partaking in a 25 year + relationship with a married man (which has been well-documented)

justamom 02-06-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KillarneyRose
To me, the thought of Katharine Hepburn being a carpetmuncher (which may or may not be true) is much more palatable (um, ok bad choice of word there!) than her partaking in a 25 year + relationship with a married man (which has been well-documented)
YOU ARE SO GROSS! LOL!!!:D

I have to say that I never held that against her or Spencer Tracy
since his wife was in an asylum and being Catholic he couldn't/wouldn't divorce her. I hate it when I'm at odds with my basic belief system. I always looked at it like one of those grey areas...

Taualumna 02-06-2004 06:17 PM

OK....I can see all the other stars, but Judy Garland? She was psycho.

justamom 02-06-2004 07:42 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeell, Eleanor R was kind of ugly...
Maybe she liked the power of the woman!;)

moe.run-Don't you love it when a little thread like this takes on a life of it's own!:D

Now that I said it, watch it DIE!:(
edited because I still think of you as ARYA! it was so musical (aria not are ya) and you will ALWAYS be Arya to me.....until you change your dang name again!!!

moe.ron 02-07-2004 08:28 AM

http://www.theiconstudio.com/images/smiling_face.jpg

damasa 02-07-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Taualumna
OK....I can see all the other stars, but Judy Garland? She was psycho.
You knew Judy Garland personally?