GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Risk Management - Hazing & etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Worst Hazing Stories ever heard about. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=79338)

Liberal_South 07-17-2006 09:13 PM

Worst Hazing Stories ever heard about.

Tell those pesky hazing stories that you "heard" occurred in "other" chapters: I had a "friend" who had to go to an olympic social wearing a speedo.

macallan25 07-17-2006 09:15 PM

remake this thread in the risk management section.

JonInKC 07-17-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberal_South
Tell those pesky hazing stories that you "heard" occurred in "other" chapters: I had a "friend" who had to go to an olympic social wearing a speedo.

That sounds like it would be cruel to the actives as well.

Kevin 07-17-2006 09:36 PM

Some of the best stuff I hear is from my dad. He's a Phi Kappa Sigma from Oklahoma U, and was active back in the early/mid 60's. They used to be one of the top chapters on campus. These days, I'm aware that they exist, but I never hear anything about them, except that they are one of dozens of small to mid sized chapters on OU's campus.

1) Their pledge trainer had been to Vietam and was back. He was unpopular with his pledges. They kidnapped him one night, threw him in the trunk, and drove out to the middle of nowhere. They left him handcuffed to an oil rig in his underwear. They have no idea how he got back, but when he did, he withdrew from school.

2) Rumor has it, they burned down the SAE house.

3) Chinese fire drill -- actives mixed up a bowl of random stuff in the kitchen. It was designed to be the most terrible thing you've put in your mouth. A fire was lit outside. The pledges had to put out the fire by taking a mouthful of the substance and spitting it out on the fire. Apparently, the most effective way to put the fire out is to take a mouthful of the stuff, and try to hold the vomit back until you get to the fire.

4) Random beatings of actives and pledges alike. The pledges versus actives "flag" football game did involve some broken bones.

-- and I'm pretty sure all of this was legal back then. (except for #2, but that might not have had anything to do with pledging, and no one is sure exactly who did it, except that it was most likely a Phi Kap).

macallan25 07-17-2006 09:43 PM

I heard that faulty wiring burned the old SAE house down. I've seen the newspaper clipping in their house now.

Kevin 07-17-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macallan25
I heard that faulty wiring burned the old SAE house down. I've seen the newspaper clipping in their house now.

You might want to ask around. It happened the same night as a fight with some Phi Kapps. It's just my father's stories. If it was wiring, it's probably wiring.

The stories from those days are hilarious though -- and there's probably a little embellishment to go along with them.

shinerbock 07-17-2006 10:19 PM

I was forced to kill and eat 28 of my 31 pledge brothers.

tunatartare 07-17-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinerbock
I was forced to kill and eat 28 of my 31 pledge brothers.

Why'd they spare the other three?

adpiucf 07-17-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
Why'd they spare the other three?

Because they'd already been intimate with the goat and were unpalatable.

shinerbock 07-17-2006 10:57 PM

Well, the cannabilism was the first choice offered, and I jumped on it. Turns out the other three were forced to go to Orlando and become Golden Knights. I figure I made out much, much better.

tunatartare 07-17-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinerbock
Well, the cannabilism was the first choice offered, and I jumped on it. Turns out the other three were forced to go to Orlando and become Golden Knights. I figure I made out much, much better.

Did you eat their livers with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

shinerbock 07-17-2006 11:09 PM

It was actually a bottle of Bodega Norton Reserve Malbec, 2003

tunatartare 07-17-2006 11:10 PM

were you provided with a complementing sauce or marinade?

shinerbock 07-17-2006 11:19 PM

Of course. Blood. Oh and a lemon curry reduction

tunatartare 07-17-2006 11:23 PM

So basically, what I'm hearing, is that you got a nice meal out of it. Hardly seems like hazing to me.