GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Delta Pi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mallard Ball (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=90482)

cofcadpi 09-25-2007 11:35 AM

Mallard Ball

Hey girls!

So I am a part of the Zeta Sigma chapter at the College of Charleston. Our Mallard Ball is coming up and we were looking for quote little quotes or sayings to put on tshirts, banners, etc. "If it flies, it dies" was the one used from last year. Any help would be great!

Pi love

honeychile 09-26-2007 09:58 AM

cofcadpi, how "ducky" should this theme be? I'm not familiar with a Mallard Ball, if you wouldn't mind telling me a little about it.

cofcadpi 09-26-2007 07:28 PM

its not very "Ducky" lol its a date party and everyone dresses in camo its on Bowen's Island and theres a band and an oyster roast its one of our signature events and everyone looks forward to it every year! i don't know if that helps at all!

polarpi 09-26-2007 10:55 PM

cofcadpi - Mallard Ball sounds like a lot of fun! One of the women I advise with came from a chapter that holds MB, and really wants to get the chapter we work with to have one themselves :)

I wish I had some ideas for you, though! :o

honeychile 09-27-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cofcadpi (Post 1528626)
its not very "Ducky" lol its a date party and everyone dresses in camo its on Bowen's Island and theres a band and an oyster roast its one of our signature events and everyone looks forward to it every year! i don't know if that helps at all!

ROTFL!!! I was thinking along the lines of "Take a Gander & get Goosed"!

*puts on thinking cap*

Promise you'll let us know what you decide on!

texas*princess 09-27-2007 07:34 PM

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

:p

honeychile 10-02-2007 11:21 AM

Thought of a couple!

"Find me (or you) in the blind"
"Too cute to shoot"

adpiucf 10-06-2007 09:29 PM

Mallard Ball
There's Always An ADPi Lurking in the Bushes... Wanna Join the Hunt?

(That is what the sweatshirt I'm wearing says... It's a drawing of a young Simba "flushing" a mallard out of the bushes.)

Wow, that sweatshirt also has the date Nov. 8, 1997, on it!

Which begs the question... why do I own a 10 year old sweatshirt?

Seriously, you can just dispense with the duck hunting and go with a general military theme since we just dress up in camo. ;)

ETA: Good luck! My old roomie is a Zeta Sigma.

lillylover3 10-30-2007 12:22 AM

i had friends who went to mallard ball last year at cofc!! they had so much fun. i think i'm going to suggest it as a date party for our chapter...that would so fun. and there's never enough camo in the state of alabama!

diamonds_4ever 11-21-2007 11:53 PM

mallard ball

this year our t-shirts said " a night of fowl play" it was pretty cute. and the year before that it just said mallard ball, but had this beautiful picture if a mallard flying over a marsh on the back. it's on of my favorite shirts.

smiley21 12-06-2007 06:06 AM

A couple of days ago, I wore my chapter's Mallard Ball shirt from 2005. On the back it says, "What happens in the woods, stays in the woods."

guardedbystars 12-12-2007 07:42 PM

cute! We do Mallard Ball, but we don't do shirts for it.

friedms 01-02-2010 09:23 PM

Mallard Ball Details

Hey Girls,

I am from the Eta Epsilon chapter at Miami University, OH. Another sister suggested the idea to me because I am our new social chair. I have heard of it before but wanted to get some feedback on what is worn and t-shirt designs you all have had!

honeychile 01-03-2010 10:01 PM

Welcome to GreekChat, friedms!

I've seen so many pictures of the Mallard Ball, just by checking out some of the chapter websites where they hold it. Some are pretty amazing!