GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Chi Omega (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   You know you're an Alpha Chi when... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=40128)

AXO_MOM_3 09-28-2003 10:41 PM

You know you're an Alpha Chi when...

Okay - this was stolen from the Alpha Phi forum - but it looked so cute I could not resist!

You start decorating your house with Alpha Chi Omega scarlett red and olive green ...my living room is red, and I have been looking at some gorgeous fabrics with our colors and cannot wait to get started on the furniture!

You decorate your house with lyres ... I've found some really neat pieces from Bombay, and have some antique lyre back shaped chairs!

You can't wait for the alumnae picnic so you can take your little darlings to see your sisters, and expose them to greek life early on!

DaisyCrazy 09-29-2003 03:45 PM

You scour e-bay at least once a week searching for Alpha Chi Omega, lyre, harp...

Your only "collection" is of angels holding lyres...

Your only t-shirts and sweatshirts are Alpha Chi ones...and your bf even notices and says "yeah, you do need something besides AX shirts"...

You can spot a lyre from 50 paces (OMG, the side of this seat in the theater has a lyre decoration on it!)...

You check GC at work to see if any new and interesting posts have been made... :)

AlphaChiCutie 09-29-2003 09:40 PM

...when you see xmas decorations, you think of Alpha Chi first.

...when every t-shirt in your closet has greek letters on it (and only one is a frat shirt!).

...when you can say that you've visited just about every search engine page searching for Alpha Chi web pages.

cash78mere 09-29-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AlphaChiCutie
...when you see xmas decorations, you think of Alpha Chi first.

the best was that my chapter mascot is the penguin. do you have any idea how much red and green penguin stuff you can buy for so cheap after christmas! it was GREAT!!

i still love my red and green!!:D

AXWhoah 09-30-2003 01:04 PM

YAY, cashmere our chapter mascot is a penguin too! I always thought it was odd, expecially since we're in the middle of the desert but you're right, it's great around christmas time.

AXORissa 09-30-2003 09:57 PM

haha... since I dont celebrate Christmas, I definitely think of the red and green as Alpha Chi first! hehe.

And when I moved into my new apartment, my roommate (my little) and I noticed that there is a lyre on our front door!

-Rissa

ZHLyreGirl 10-02-2003 10:42 AM

.....when the first thing you notice about your mom's "new" antique dinner room table is that it has lyres on either end and immediately claim it as an heirloom....

aggieAXO 10-04-2003 01:26 AM

.......when you see a billboard for Armani Exchange: A/X-I always think of Alpha Chi in route from San Antonio to Austin b/c there is one of these billboards on I-35--plus the store is right on the highway access road and is easily visible from the road.

AXORissa 10-04-2003 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by aggieAXO
.......when you see a billboard for Armani Exchange: A/X-I always think of Alpha Chi in route from San Antonio to Austin b/c there is one of these billboards on I-35--plus the store is right on the highway access road and is easily visible from the road.
hehe, I always think of that too!Whenever I see a shirt, I think its like a bid day shirt or something. We actually made the A/X bid days shirts, so if its a girl, i'll see if she is in my chapter, hehe.

aggieAXO 10-15-2003 06:41 AM

when you are in a town that has an AXO chapter and you go and take pictures of it (I have pictures of the Ok state, university of utah and university of colorado houses)

AXOKatie 11-05-2003 11:01 AM

Like aggieAXO said, when you go to another school and go to the AXO house there just to flash your member card, look around and shake other sisters' hands!

when you start signing off every email with "Love in the Lyre" or "Loyally"...even when the person you're writing to isn't an alpha chi!

P.S. our chapter mascot is the turtle...how great is that?! i have a little green one with a red scarf that's just supercute

axobu 06-14-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

And when I moved into my new apartment, my roommate (my little) and I noticed that there is a lyre on our front door!
we were actually looking at the door of our off-campus house (or satellite house as some of you call it,) and noticed there was a lyre on the rather ornate door knob.. this house has been rented by ax's for years, and we even found it in the photo albums from the 90's..
someone also left an ax sticker on the outside of one of the showers, and only someone who used it daily would ever even notice it.
and dont worry, we have every intention of keeping this house in the ax family :)

AXO Alum 08-16-2004 09:56 AM

You know you're an Alpha Chi when you cannot sing the REAL words to songs anymore -- I couldn't sing you the real words to GREASE if you paid me...only the AXO version! Ditto for the other songs we "re-wrote" for recruitment.

Also, you can't sleep because you are singing the words in your head over and over, and you stop yourself if you miss a line!!

Ahhh, the joys of being a CA! :D

AXO86 02-13-2007 08:28 PM

All of this is so true! My apartment is secretly decorated with lyres and red and green...

axomom3 10-09-2012 11:07 PM

when you are recruited into being a new chapter's recruitment advisor and come back to greekchat at 11:00 pm for ideas...