GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Members PLEASE HELP! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=114567)

randomgirl222 07-05-2010 10:51 PM

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Members PLEASE HELP!

Hello. I am an aspiring member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and I have a few questions about the process. I am a very, VERY dedicated aspirant and probably want this more than any of you could imagine, however I am missing a few things that I'm sure will effect my eligibility.

1st - reccomendations. the chapter at my school is VERY selective and these are essential. I actually can say that I don't know any aka's =/ I try to reach out to girls at schools from my neighborhood but it's all been in vain. If anyone has advice for that plese help.

2nd - community service. I have done community service in high school with a specific org. but it was 20 hours and it was very random. I understand that the organization looks for way more. I am also very interested in trying to see if there is any commnunity service that I could do with the actual sorority.

3rd (lastly) - interest letter. I am a very articulate woman and believe that if speaking, I can portray my admiration and perceived belongingness (is that a word? lol) to any member. However, when I begin to write my interest letter I freeze. there is so much that I want to say I dont know how to begin or organize or what's taboo or what's sucking up...help please!

33girl 07-05-2010 11:03 PM

Please read the "Pearls of Wisdom" thread in the AKA forum.

randomgirl222 07-05-2010 11:22 PM

I cant find it anywhere...this website is very new and confusing to me =/

Drolefille 07-05-2010 11:28 PM

Here

dreamseeker 07-05-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomgirl222 (Post 1950886)
I am a very articulate woman...reccomendations...plese...commnunity ...belongingness (is that a word? lol)

tee hee.

OP, maybe you should take some time to learn the lay of the land before you start posting. just a bit of friendly advice. :)

randomgirl222 07-06-2010 12:44 AM

lol thanks for the typo spotting...and i was trying to but since im a new member i was only allowed on the introduction forum for a few hours...

randomgirl222 07-06-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1950908)

thanks!

randomgirl222 07-06-2010 12:47 AM

okay i browsed through the MANY pages and....that forum did not help me at all =/

preciousjeni 07-06-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomgirl222 (Post 1950940)
okay i browsed through the MANY pages and....that forum did not help me at all =/

The Alpha Kappa Alpha forum didn't help you at all? :confused:

Psi U MC Vito 07-06-2010 12:54 AM

If you read the pearls of wisdom, then you would know that they do not answer questions here.

dreamseeker 07-06-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomgirl222 (Post 1950938)
lol thanks for the typo spotting...and i was trying to but since im a new member i was only allowed on the introduction forum for a few hours...

lol, so it would've taken u a few hrs to type correctly?

Senusret I 07-06-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomgirl222 (Post 1950940)

http://i45.tinypic.com/291z85c.jpg

Little32 07-06-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomgirl222 (Post 1950886)
Hello. I am an aspiring member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and I have a few questions about the process. I am a very, VERY dedicated aspirant and probably want this more than any of you could imagine, however I am missing a few things that I'm sure will effect my eligibility.

1st - reccomendations. the chapter at my school is VERY selective and these are essential. I actually can say that I don't know any aka's=/ I try to reach out to girls at schools from my neighborhood but it's all been in vain. If anyone has advice for that plese help.

2nd - community service. I have done community service in high school with a specific org. but it was 20 hours and it was very random. I understand that the organization looks for way more. I am also very interested in trying to see if there is any commnunity service that I could do with the actual sorority.

3rd (lastly) - interest letter. I am a very articulate woman and believe that if speaking, I can portray my admiration and perceived belongingness (is that a word? lol) to any member. However, when I begin to write my interest letter I freeze. there is so much that I want to say I dont know how to begin or organize or what's taboo or what's sucking up...help please!

QFP

Where do you go to school?

MsFoxyLoxy77 07-06-2010 10:29 AM

OP

If you did not get anything out of the Pearls of Wisdom, try www.aka1908.com. I always found it to be a wealth of information and knowledge when I was interested.:)

AlphaFrog 07-06-2010 11:51 AM

It seems to me that the OP would have been more concise had she listed all the things that she had already done for herself, instead of what she still "needs". In fact, "I found GC, hand me membership" covers it in 6 words. :p