GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   GreekChat.com "Netflix" Movie Reviews (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=125248)

cheerfulgreek 03-04-2012 01:11 AM

GreekChat.com "Netflix" Movie Reviews

Same rules as "GreekChat.com current movie reviews" thread, just with Netflix movies only.

I just recently watched 100 feet, and it was really good. I enjoyed it, so I gave it 3 stars out of 5. Some things were kind of cheesy, but other than those things, I liked it.:)

MaryPoppins 03-04-2012 08:08 AM

Love our Netflix membership!

AlwaysSAI 03-04-2012 08:55 AM

I'm kind of upset that Netflix no longer has a contract with Starz. I love watching the movies in "Starz Play." But, netflix is still cheaper than cable, so I'll keep my membership.

knight_shadow 03-04-2012 11:59 AM

Just finished the movie Buried. Pretty intense. I'm not used to seeing Ryan Reynolds in non-comedic roles.

cheerfulgreek 03-04-2012 02:59 PM

^^^lol
I knew you'd stop by for a visit to this thread.:p

DaemonSeid 03-05-2012 02:39 PM

For anyone that's an Idris Elba fan, The second season of Luther just went up recently.

knight_shadow 03-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek (Post 2129904)
^^^lol
I knew you'd stop by for a visit to this thread.:p

Of course :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaemonSeid (Post 2130176)
For anyone that's an Idris Elba fan, The second season of Luther just went up recently.

That's in my queue, but haven't watched yet. I'll check it out.

I watched The Nines on Sunday (mostly because of Octavia Spencer and Melissa McCarthy). It wasn't AWFUL, but I think it was trying to be smarter than it really was. Very random storyline.

Cen1aur 1963 03-05-2012 04:03 PM

I checked out Obsessed last night. It was alright, but how many of these movies have been done before? Netflix was lame as hell when I was getting them in the mail. The streaming is 100 times better and more convenient.

MysticCat 03-05-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 (Post 2130202)
Netflix was lame as hell when I was getting them in the mail. The streaming is 100 times better and more convenient.

Except that the movies we want to see are almost never available for streaming.

I think we may cancel and stream through Amazon.

victoriana 03-05-2012 04:36 PM

I am OBSESSED with Netflix. I use it to watch a lot of TV shows more than anything else. I recently watched Morning Glory with Rachael McAdams. I thought it was really good. It had a chick flick vibe without so much of the romance and wasn't totally vapid. Good story, solid cast. I give it 4 out of 5. I would say watch it if you're in the mood for something not too deep, but still entertaining.

cheerfulgreek 03-05-2012 05:36 PM

As soon as I get home from work, I'm going to finish watching "Nature's Deadliest". It's a really good documentary about deadly animals, insects, and arachnids.:) I do like that Netflix has quite a few documentaries.

knight_shadow 03-05-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek (Post 2130226)
As soon as I get home from work, I'm going to finish watching "Nature's Deadliest". It's a really good documentary about deadly animals, insects, and arachnids.:) I do like that Netflix has quite a few documentaries.

That's one of my "work" films (I typically watch TV shows and documentaries when I'm at the office). I liked it.

You would probably like Deadly Dozen. It talks about "the top deadly animals" in specific countries. I enjoyed it.

cheerfulgreek 03-05-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 2130227)
That's one of my "work" films (I typically watch TV shows and documentaries when I'm at the office). I liked it.

You would probably like Deadly Dozen. It talks about "the top deadly animals" in specific countries. I enjoyed it.

lol
Hilarious! @ what's in bold.

I'll have to watch the other one, too, when I get home. I love documentaries about animals. I'll bet you see some really weird/cool bugs living in Texas.:)

knight_shadow 03-05-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek (Post 2130230)
I'll have to watch the other one, too, when I get home. I love documentaries about animals. I'll bet you see some really weird/cool bugs living in Texas.:)

Not particularly, but I live in the city. I'm sure that it'd be different if I was in the country/near one of the lakes.

The "worst" I've seen were snakes and scorpions, but after living here for a decade, I don't think they're particularly weird ;)

cheerfulgreek 03-05-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 2130231)
Not particularly, but I live in the city. I'm sure that it'd be different if I was in the country/near one of the lakes.

The "worst" I've seen were snakes and scorpions, but after living here for a decade, I don't think they're particularly weird ;)

When I lived in Minnesota, there, it's your typical every day bug. When I moved here, people were looking at me like I was strange, because I had never seen a "lightning bug" in real life. The first time I saw a Praying Mantis was when I moved here, too. I love scorpions. My scorpion is boring to watch. It's just that he just sits there, without much activity, so I don't get a lot of entertainment looking at him.