GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Survivor: One World (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=124332)

gaangel5 01-18-2012 09:56 PM

Survivor: One World

The cast of Survivor: One World was announced. Monica Culpepper is a former Zeta President and University of Florida Homecoming Queen. Her hubby is a former Gator and NFL football player.

Are there any other greeks?

MysticCat 01-19-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaangel5 (Post 2119032)
The cast of Survivor: One World was announced. Monica Culpepper is a former Zeta President and University of Florida Homecoming Queen. Her hubby is a former Gator and NFL football player.

Don't know about that, but the tribes well be single-sex -- one male and one female. And apparently if you find the hidden immunity idol, you can't use it. Only someone on the other tribe that you give it to can use it.

And there are two guys with Tarzan complexes -- one likes to be called Tarzan while the other (Troy) likes to be called "Troyzan." :rolleyes:

AlphaFrog 01-19-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2119183)
Don't know about that, but the tribes well be single-sex -- one male and one female. And apparently if you find the hidden immunity idol, you can't use it. Only someone on the other tribe that you give it to can use it.

And there are two guys with Tarzan complexes -- one likes to be called Tarzan while the other (Troy) likes to be called "Troyzan." :rolleyes:

You know, it's getting less and less strategic and more and more blind luck. There comes a point where there are SO many factors that planning for any of them.becomes an exercise in futility. I think the point has been reached.

The beauty of Survivor in its original form was that while the rules remained the same, the human factor produced a different kind of game and a different type of winner each time. As people adapted, the basic strategies changed, causing people to change up their game play again organically without the crazy twists and new elements.

This is not to say that I won't be glued to my TV Wednesdays at 8pm EST. I'm just fussing.

Psi U MC Vito 01-19-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen (Post 2119204)
I'll be really curious about the challenges with male/female tribes. They will definitely have to rely on more puzzle challenges rather than brute strength in the beginning, which I think could make things very interesting for the male tribe. Traditionally you want to keep all the strong people, but if a lot of the challenges are mental or speed related rather than strength, we could see a lot of different people becoming dominant.

I'm not sure about this. I remember at least one challenge a few years ago that was pure brute strength and of the 3 or 4 the person who won was a woman.

PeppyGPhiB 01-20-2012 12:53 AM

Haven't they done male-female tribes before? I was thinking so. Anyway, I was hoping "One World" was referring to maybe just one tribe...I think that could be interesting.

AnchorAlum 01-22-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaangel5 (Post 2119032)

go, gader. :p

Cheerio 02-01-2012 05:41 PM

CBS may need to use former contestants on a "Pros versus Pagentry" Season.

Use Ethan, Stephenie, Kelly Bruno, Grant Mattos, Crystal Cox on the Pro Athlete team. Use Gina (Marquesas), Jessie (Africa), Sash, Hunter, and other Miss America-USA-Teen/Mr Cosmo/Mr World/Collegiate Campus Court winners as pagentry team.

Monica from One World might qualify under both teams; perhaps on Day One (of Pros versus Pagentry) she'd be declared winner so we wouldn't have to sit thru another "former cast" season!

AGDee 02-03-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB (Post 2119364)
Haven't they done male-female tribes before? I was thinking so. Anyway, I was hoping "One World" was referring to maybe just one tribe...I think that could be interesting.

They are living in one camp.

SydneyK 02-15-2012 07:44 AM

Bumping as a reminder that One World begins tonight!

AlphaFrog 02-15-2012 10:13 AM

Thanks for the reminder! I couldn't remember if it was this week or next and I was getting ready to look it up. :)

AlphaFrog 02-16-2012 06:06 AM

They seem to have reverted back to casting models and actresses and I have yet to find anyone to even remotely like. Just about all of them who had their face on camera for any length of time annoyed me.

SydneyK 02-16-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 2126178)
They seem to have reverted back to casting models and actresses

I know what you mean. Despite their model/actress looks, I liked Chelsea (she's the one who called the women a 'big ball of badassness,' right?) and Kat (she's the one who said at TC that she's in charge of the fire, right?). Both of them seem relatively level-headed. Of course, it's the very beginning of the season, so my opinion is bound to change.

It's hard to say much about the men - I don't feel like we got many chances to get to know them. The foodie in me is already cheering for Jonas, though.

The list of the dislikeables is overwhelming. I wouldn't be able to stand spending any time at all with either Alicia or Matt. And holy cow @ Colton! Prior to last night's episode, I read somewhere that he is this season's Cochran. Whhhaaattt?!? Not at all! Cochran was unique; Colton is just... well, I can't even think of a good adjective for him right now. Pompous comes to mind, as does entitled, 'tries-too-hard,' and unaware of reality.

AlphaFrog 02-16-2012 10:16 AM

What did you think of the guys making the girls forfeit the challenge?

On one hand, they were already kicking tail....but on the other, as Jeff pointed out, it was a long challenge with plenty of time for a comeback. Either way, the women lost a member, and probably the one they would have voted out, but Jeff is also correct in pointing out that it probably will not be forgotten by the women.

SydneyK 02-16-2012 10:47 AM

I can see why the guys did what they did. It's a game, after all, and the tribes are never persuaded to consider a gesture of 'good will' towards the other tribe - especially when immunity is at stake. Had the tribes not be split by gender, it would've been a non-issue.

I expected Jeff to say something along the lines of, 'Guys, since there are only 8 members left to compete on the women's tribe, if you want to finish the challenge, you can sit someone out.' Since there wasn't an offer to even the playing field, the guys were asked to go into an important challenge with a one player disadvantage. No brainer, IMO. I think they made the right call.

MysticCat 02-16-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 2126178)
They seem to have reverted back to casting models and actresses and I have yet to find anyone to even remotely like. Just about all of them who had their face on camera for any length of time annoyed me.

I'll admit that I really liked Courtney. And Jay cracked me up.

Matt, though, is a major piece of work, as is Colton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 2126193)
What did you think of the guys making the girls forfeit the challenge?

On one hand, they were already kicking tail....but on the other, as Jeff pointed out, it was a long challenge with plenty of time for a comeback. Either way, the women lost a member, and probably the one they would have voted out, but Jeff is also correct in pointing out that it probably will not be forgotten by the women.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyK (Post 2126199)
I expected Jeff to say something along the lines of, 'Guys, since there are only 8 members left to compete on the women's tribe, if you want to finish the challenge, you can sit someone out.' Since there wasn't an offer to even the playing field, the guys were asked to go into an important challenge with a one player disadvantage. No brainer, IMO. I think they made the right call.

This. The guys were faced with choosing between a guarantee that they wouldn't go to TC and perceptions of chivalry. No brainer, indeed.

Sorry women, but welcome to Survivor, the game you signed up to play.