GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2016/2017 Colonies/Expansions/Charters/Closures (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=217627)

TheGreenHeart 07-26-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAblondeGPhi (Post 2414354)
Are you talking about individual chapters or entire organizations? There are a handful of one-off local chapters that affiliate every year. I'm not going to go back too far, but from LaneSigs' threads:

2015-2016:
University of Pikeville (KY) looking to convert to NPC and IFC
Kenyon College (OH) - Zeta Alpha Pi looking to convert to NPC
Sewanee (TN) - Alpha Delta Theta looking to convert to NPC

2014-2015:
Cleveland State (OH) - Chi Delta Epsilon becomes Delta Zeta
Texas A&M (TX) - Zeta Beta Sigma becomes Alpha Epsilon Phi
Shorter University (GA) - Epsilon Sigma becomes Alpha Delta Pi
Kenyon College(OH)- Kappa Sigma Alpha becomes Alpha Sigma Tau
Sacred Heart University(CT)- Kappa Phi becomes Delta Zeta

2013-2014:
Wichita State University(KS) - Gamma Epsilon becomes Kappa Kappa Gamma
Cleveland State University(OH) - Gamma Delta becomes Phi Mu

The two campuses off the top of my head were slightly before 2000: Pepperdine moved all of their locals to NPC in 1997, and I believe Valparaiso did the same thing in 1998.

I think John Carroll (near Cleveland) did something similar to Pepperdine and Valparaiso just a few years later.

Happy Alum 08-08-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just interested (Post 2411258)
Isn't Phi Mu colonizing at TCU this Fall or has that been put on hold?

Thanks so much for this thread!

He had me at Eleanor Roosevelt Memorial College. I appreciate all ten years of this thread,especially when the new ones start on or near my birthday. Hooray for LaneSig!

ChioLu 08-08-2016 02:00 PM

Georgia Southern Recruitment - August 8-13
Chi Omega chapter recolonization - August 17-25!

flirt5721 08-11-2016 10:22 AM

It is now official AΞΔ will be colonizing Cal Poly Pamona
http://www.alphaxidelta.org/news/201.../#.V6yCcvkrJ9N

GPhiBLtColonel 08-11-2016 01:13 PM

Mississippi State

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsongirl (Post 2413143)
I see that Mississippi State is open for extension, and I had thought that a while back a stack agreement was reached where ADPi would recolonize first followed by KKG a couple years later, and I found some old posts on this site to that effect but nothing officially listed. Is that no longer happening/is Miss St open for all groups not on campus to submit packets?

From what I understand, KKG decided not to colonize...not sure how accurate this is - heard it from my sons' girlfriends who are both DGs at Mississippi State.

mcstarr13 08-13-2016 04:39 PM

Delta Zeta is recolonizing the Beta Theta chapter at Bucknell this fall.

AOII Angel 08-14-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flirt5721 (Post 2415756)
It is now official AΞΔ will be colonizing Cal Poly Pamona
http://www.alphaxidelta.org/news/201.../#.V6yCcvkrJ9N

It's Pomona. LOL. I wish y'all luck. I used to advise at a chapter in LaVerne, not far from Pomona. All the chapters at LaVerne had a hard time keeping advisers. I hope AXiD is able to have better luck.

AOII Angel 08-14-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calroses (Post 2413819)
I'm curious if anyone has any data, stats, or even anecdotes about local organizations that successfully petitioned to affiliate with an NPC organization in recent history (lets say since 2000).

AOII colonized local sororities at Kentucky Wesleyan in 2013 and at Youngstown in Ohio in 2011.

ChioLu 08-15-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2415995)
It's Pomona. LOL. I wish y'all luck. I used to advise at a chapter in LaVerne, not far from Pomona. All the chapters at LaVerne had a hard time keeping advisers. I hope AXiD is able to have better luck.

Our Chi O chapter at Cal Poly Pomona has a great team of advisors. (We all catch up at our Founders Day luncheon each Spring.) I know that 1 advisor has been there nearly 20 years and has been voted Advisor of the Year several times and at our national convention.

Congrats to AXD and good luck on your colonization!

ceciliaky 08-15-2016 04:53 PM

did a quick search & didn't see anything on this one ... but, Delta Zeta is colonizing at Murray State University this fall. :)

pmdal 08-15-2016 05:10 PM

Phi Mu starts their first recruitment at TCU today. They will do ice water teas, withdraw and complete the process during September. Wishing them well.

AOII Angel 08-15-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2416116)
Our Chi O chapter at Cal Poly Pomona has a great team of advisors. (We all catch up at our Founders Day luncheon each Spring.) I know that 1 advisor has been there nearly 20 years and has been voted Advisor of the Year several times and at our national convention.

Congrats to AXD and good luck on your colonization!

That's probably because Chi O has lots of alums in the area. At La Verne, AOII, Sigma Kappa and Phi Sigma Sigma have little alumnae support. AOII is just now getting local alumnae in La Verne after colonizing 10 yrs ago. Everyone else drives in from Los Angeles. It's often hard for groups without a lot of chapters locally to fully staff an adviser group. I know there are not a lot of AXiD chapters locally. I hope there are some local alumnae in the valley. That helps a lot. Many people outside of California really don't understand the problems with traffic and just look at the distance. I wish AXiD all the luck in the world with their colonization and with attracting alumnae in the long run.

PKT4LIFE 08-22-2016 11:10 PM

Theta Phi Alpha is colonizing at Farmingdale State College Fall'16.

https://www.facebook.com/thetaphifarmingdale/

clemsongirl 08-22-2016 11:29 PM

Christopher Newport (VA) Pi Kappa Phi has been suspended due to RMF. Pi Kapp will also be colonizing at UConn this fall according to their chapter twitter account.

Iota_JWH 08-23-2016 07:23 PM

Alpha Omicron Pi Colonization dates:

Missouri State - Sep 16-18
UConn - Sep 23-25
ETSU - Sep 23-25
Texas A&M - Sep 30 - Oct 2
Univ of Michigan - Oct 19-23