GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The "twins" have chosen! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=16912)

carnation 04-11-2002 10:42 AM

The "twins" have chosen!

I am so, so thrilled that our 2 high school seniors have finally chosen a college--the same one! One will be pre-med and the other, art. We'll go next week for cheerleading tryouts and again after that for the honors orientation.

This school has ADPi, Alpha Gam, Chi O, KD, Phi Mu, and Zeta. We are so fired up! (And relieved to be through with the strain of searching, visiting, applying for scholarships, you name it.)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ZTAngel 04-11-2002 10:44 AM

What school did they decide on? They have a great list of sororities to choose from. Be sure to post their rush stories! :D

Buff Rose 04-11-2002 10:45 AM

Carnation,

Sounds like you are talking about Valdosta State. I have read previous posts from you and you mentioned VSU. Is this the school? Either way, congrats!!

Erin

dzrose93 04-11-2002 10:48 AM

Carnation,

CONGRATULATIONS on your girls choosing a school!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :) :D My only regret is that there's no DZ chapter there. :(

The1calledTKE 04-11-2002 11:25 AM

They picked a good school! VSU is a pretty campus, not very crowded, and has small classes. If it wasn't so good I would have not gotten 2 undergrad degrees and start to work on my masters here.

SATX*APhi 04-11-2002 12:12 PM

Congrats on the selection. I remember my senior year of high school when I made the decision of where I wanted to go, my parents were relieved. :) The best of luck to your gals.

xo_sue 04-11-2002 12:24 PM

I'm so excited for you!!!! They sound like great girls!!!! I hope they have an awesome time thru rush! Are they identical?

Congrats!!!!
Sue

justamom 04-11-2002 12:26 PM

CHEERLEADING---------RUSH------------BOYS!!!!

The journey begins! Oh, how much fun! (I'm jealous!) You MUST share as many of us (ME for example) live vicariously though others!

carnation 04-11-2002 12:32 PM

Dear Sue,

Yiii! I guess I'd better correct that--I forget that not everyone knows the story! We adopted one, a 2-month-old, from Japan and I gave birth to her sister a month later. Just because they were in a twin stroller, people would come up and actually say, "Twins! They must be fraternal!" It was really hard to restrain our sarcasm. The admissions officer at one school they were looking at is somehow convinced they're twins and she has SEEN them!

They're so different--we have the brainy cheerleader and the dancer/artist--but they're so close. I often wonder if they'll pledge the same group...

xo_sue 04-11-2002 01:11 PM

Thanks for the insight! What a terrific story! Now I am soooo anxious to hear their rush tales!!! Keep us posted!

Unregistered- 04-11-2002 01:18 PM

Hey C,

Congratulations for you and your girls! I know they'll definitely be assets to VSU in all they do! Keep us posted! Man, I can't wait for Fall Recruitment already!!!! :D

P-ly,
Sandy

Silverblue 04-11-2002 03:44 PM

Carnation, where is Valdosta State? I've heard of it, but I don't know where it is. But, darn it, I was hoping you'd be able to attend an initiation ceremony this year! Of course, this does solve the problem of who gets to be initiated with Mom's badge. You couldn't very well pin it on one, then rip it off her blouse and put it on her sister! Did I ever tell you the very first story I wrote as a professional journalist was on international adoption? How funny people thought they were twins as babies. But how wonderful to grow up with a sibling with only a three-month age difference.

carnation 04-11-2002 04:09 PM

Silverblue, Valdosta is right above the Florida line on I-75. It's a gorgeous campus with palm trees and Spanish architecture.

Up until the last minute, I thought I might get to go to an initiation too.:( I swear I will pin a daughter someday! Number 4 daughter will rush in 2 years and wants to go to UGa and I will do everything possible to get that kid there and into Georgia Alpha!

We have 3 sets of what they call "virtual twins" in the adoption world. However, with the other 2 sets, the younger in each set is Asian and much smaller. These 2 have always been the same size and relatives just felt compelled to give them twin outfits for some reason! We even had to send them to nursery school on separate days because they depended so much on each other!

GreekLetterGirl 04-11-2002 04:26 PM

CONGRATS!!!!

Congrats to you and your family, get ready for an exciting time!!! I only wish your girls nothing but happiness and wonderful memories of their collegiate years!!!!!

KillarneyRose 04-11-2002 04:28 PM

Yay Twins!

Carnation, congratulations to your twins! Can't wait to hear their rush stories. I think Justamom spoiled us with her excellent play-by-play of her li'l DG's rush experience so we expect the same from you, darnit! lol :)