GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Chi Omega (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Favorites (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=106017)

LyreLove2012 06-26-2009 04:06 PM

Favorites

I'm feeling like our board needs some more action on it, so I thought I would make a new thread.
I would like to know the following about everybody:
1. What is your favorite ceremony?
2. What is your favorite Alpha Chi song/chant?
3. What is your favorite part about Alpha Chi?
4. What is your favorite part about being in a sorority?
5. What chapter are you from?

LITB!
LyreLove2012

LyreLove2012 06-26-2009 04:42 PM

Since I posted it, I'll start first!

I LOVE the Loving Cup ceremonies

My favorite song is In This Very Room
My favorite chant is the one in my signature...it's catchy!

I love that our name has meaning!

My favorite part about being in a sorority is the feeling of sisterhood. My chapter sisters are like my biological sisters in many ways...good and bad. We may fight, it's inevitable when 30+ girls live together, but we are always there for each other.

I'm from the Upsilon Chapter at Millikin University

Smile_Awhile 06-26-2009 06:54 PM

This is a tough one... I love the Dream Cake ceremony, and Pearl/Lavaliere.
In This Very Room or Smile Awhile (the origin of my username) are my favorite songs. We don't chant very much in my chapter, but the standard one (Alimen, Alimen)
The sisterhood. The leadership opportunities.
The sisterhood.
Prefer not to disclose- Sisters can PM me for this info.

LyreLove, PM me about this Loving Cup ceremony. I've never heard of it!

Xylochick216 07-21-2009 10:04 AM

1. What is your favorite ceremony? Dream Cake, for sure!
2. What is your favorite Alpha Chi song/chant? I loved our version of "I'm Alright" from our skit. We sang it at our wedding.
3. What is your favorite part about Alpha Chi? The connections I've made. My very best friends are my sisters still to this day, 5 years after graduation. I think some of us have become closer after graduation, and it's wonderful to be able to count on these women for anything.
4. What is your favorite part about being in a sorority? In college, I loved having over 100 sisters to call whenever I wanted to do anything, from going out to watching movies to just hanging out doing nothing. Now, I'd say it's the bond. Seeing all of the women at convention bound together by something so awesome is incredible.
5. What chapter are you from? Iota Psi, Elon University

axoalum 08-11-2009 09:12 PM

1. What is your favorite ceremony? Dream Cake -always loved it!
2. What is your favorite Alpha Chi song/chant? Still today I will get A L P H A C H I Omega stuck in my head for a few days!
3. What is your favorite part about Alpha Chi? The friendships and lasting bonds. After over 25 years, I still talk to my housemate once a week and tailgate with her during football season (across from our house!!)
4. What is your favorite part about being in a sorority? The bond and instant sense of belonging. I have tracked AXO sweatshirts through airports just to say hello. I'm sure they must think I've lost my mind. :)
5. What chapter are you from? Beta Sigma, University of Georgia

gatordeltapgh 08-11-2009 09:54 PM

1. What is your favorite ceremony? Pref for sure!
2. What is your favorite Alpha Chi song/chant? A L P H A C H I Omega! A L P H A Chi Omega!
3. What is your favorite part about Alpha Chi? The friendship, volunteering, meeting new women each year who touch my life.
4. What is your favorite part about being in a sorority? ALL OF IT! :)
5. What chapter are you from? Delta, Allegheny College

axoalpha2012 09-06-2009 10:43 PM

1. What is your favorite ceremony? pref!! - i knew all along i wanted to be an alpha chi, but this ceremony touched me so much and brought me to tears
2. What is your favorite Alpha Chi song/chant? we call it fun but you may call it madness.. stay for a while and you'll forget your sadness.. with our lyres and pearls we are true hearted girls and when we are gone you'll remember our song we are the a chi omega a chi omega a chi omega girls! (i like all of hte chants really... i just like chanting!!)
3. What is your favorite part about Alpha Chi? everything. the sisterhood. how i know when im having a bad day i know there's always someone to turn to. and when im having a good day there's always someone to celebrate with!
4. What is your favorite part about being in a sorority? how it makes me strive to be the best i can be so i can represent my house in the best way possible
5. What chapter are you from? Alpha, DePauw University!

MaggieAXO 01-10-2010 12:29 AM

Preference. I cry pretty much every time haha
A! Pumpitup Pumpit up CHI-O! Keepitup Keepitup! WE YELL WE CHEER WE HAVE NO FEAR WE'RE A-CHI-O!
It's had such an impact on my life. Every day I try and imagine what my life would be like without it and I just can't do it.
I've made some of the greatest friends/sisters I'll ever know <3
Theta Tau, Rutgers University. Spring '09 Pledge Class, and V.P. Membership Development

Miriverite 01-20-2010 01:14 AM

1. What is your favorite ceremony? Preference. It was magical, and I knew at that very moment that I was meant to be an AXO =)

2. What is your favorite Alpha Chi song/chant? We actually have one at MIT that we made up to the tune of the Engineer's Drinking Song (the token MIT theme song):
"We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the Alpha Chi's.
We will, we will, we will, we will, be them until we die.
Wear red, wear green, wear pearls all day, and sport the golden lyre.
Come join us from around the world, we're set your hearts on fire!"

Music has played a very large part in my life, so when I found that AXO had such powerful musical symbolism, I was definitely awed. I also love the diversity that my chapter contains; we have girls in every major from every walk of life with every personality imaginable. It's never a dull moment!

I feel as if being in Alpha Chi has really given me something to identify with. I joined as a sophomore, and I can definitely see the difference. Freshman year I was just another random girl in a sea of thousands, but ever since joining AXO I've felt as if I can identify with a group of like-minded, awesome girls... both the sisters in my sorority and in all the other ones in our Panhellenic Council (at MIT, there's also AEPhi, APhi, Sigma Kappa, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Pi Phi)

Theta Omicron, MIT! :D