GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   I'm a FINALIST (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=63922)

agdbirmingham 03-07-2005 04:18 PM

I'm a FINALIST

Oh my goodness I'm so excited! I just found out that I'm one of 5 finalists for a big contest!! Actually, my husband (a Kappa Sigma) is really the finalist. Please help us (read below)!

The contest is for Eagle Brands (they produce condensed milk, dessert kits, etc) - It's their Decadent Dream Vacation Giveaway. You had to nominate someone and write an essay. I nominated my dear husband Michael, so technically he's the finalist. He's been such an incredible husband and father that I just couldn't pass this opportunity up! The grand prize winner receives a $7500 travel voucher for a dream vacation!!

The grand prize winner is determined by online voting. I would really appreciate your votes!!! The essay and my
husband's picture are on Eagle’s website. It's one vote per email address and voting takes 2 seconds. All you have to do is type in your email address, check a box if you want to join their recipe club/mailing list, and click enter. They don't ask for any other information. While there you can also enter their $10,000 sweepstakes if you want to take a short survey about their products .

I would be eternally grateful to those of you who take a minute to vote and/or pass along this message to any of your friends, family, co-workers, internet/message board friends, other GREEKS… that you think would take a minute to vote for us. Please feel free to email this message to anyone you may know. I would VERY much appreciate it!!!

I really would like to do something special for Mike. He has a heart of gold! I've heard through the "grapevine" that some of the other finalists are HUGE "contesters" so it's going to be some very tough competition because although I enter a contest here and there, I'm not a "contester" and may not stand a chance. I just want to do something nice for my hubbie!

Here's the website (he's #3 - MICHAEL, BIRMINGHAM, AL):
http://www.eaglebrandkits.com/vacation_vote.asp

Voting goes through March 31, 2005.

Thanks so much for all your support! I'll keep you updated!

P.S. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get votes, please let me know! (Keep it clean people! ) :)

KSigkid 03-07-2005 04:22 PM

I voted for him (especially since he's a fellow Kappa Sig).

Good luck.

madmax 03-07-2005 04:38 PM

Sounds like a scam.

Send me a grand and I guarantee you will win the 7.5 k vacation.

agdbirmingham 03-07-2005 04:41 PM

Scam? This is definitely NOT a scam!!!! Eagle is a large company that manufactures a lot of different food products. I'm sure they had thousands of entries for this contest.

Thanks again to those of you who voted!! We really do appreciate it!

cash78mere 03-07-2005 05:28 PM

he got my vote!

bet of luck to you!

_Lisa_ 03-07-2005 05:52 PM

Voted, I can post it in my LJ to see if any of my friends would be kind enough to cast a vote!

PlymouthDZ 03-07-2005 05:57 PM

I voted.. 3 times! haha!

That story.. was SO touching!

I have my fingers crossed for you.. but like you said, you're already a winner because you have him!

:)

AUDeltaGam 03-07-2005 06:06 PM

I voted! (three times:D )

Good luck!

ambición6 03-07-2005 06:10 PM

I voted 2x! hope you win!

polarpi 03-07-2005 06:36 PM

You can count my vote 5x (yes, I have WAY too many email accounts! ;))

Good luck to you and your husband! :)

lifesaver 03-07-2005 06:50 PM

I voted on all 4 of my email accounts. Good luck!

pinkyphimu 03-07-2005 07:53 PM

i voted, too. definately let us know how it goes.

Lisa Fishman 03-07-2005 08:29 PM

Lisa, I voted for him twice on two email accounts. Good luck!!!! Lisa

trojangal 03-07-2005 09:48 PM

Voted twice...what a great story!

He's up to 37% so far!

Keep those votes coming in! Let's send these two off on a break away from the baby!!!

honeychile 03-07-2005 10:05 PM

Congratulations!!

I did my part - with each of my email addresses! :)