GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What's For Dinner? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=38016)

mulattogyrl 06-06-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Earp
BBQ Chicken, Baked Beans, maybe a Green Salad?

Got to stay awake and Meet a GCer if plane gets in soon enough!

:)

Dag that sounds good right now!

I'm having leftover Hamburger Helper.

Tom Earp 06-06-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mulattogyrl
Dag that sounds good right now!

I'm having leftover Hamburger Helper.

Do what You have to do!:(

Cooking for one is a bitch isnt it?

I always have left overs:(

Well, means dont have to cook as much unless I wait to long!:rolleyes:

mulattogyrl 06-07-2006 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Earp
Do what You have to do!:(

Cooking for one is a bitch isnt it?

I always have left overs:(

Well, means dont have to cook as much unless I wait to long!:rolleyes:

Actually I cook for me and my daughter, but I still always seem to have leftovers! I can't figure that out, lol.

sigtau305 06-07-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mulattogyrl
Actually I cook for me and my daughter, but I still always seem to have leftovers! I can't figure that out, lol.
U should invite me over sometime. I'll take care of the leftovers. ;) :p :D

Chix Tenders or Pizza

Nieng17 06-07-2006 03:36 PM

dinner

I love Olive Garden's Peppers and sausage dish so I'm going to attempt to make it tonight. Basically its penne pasta with sauce, bell peppers (red, yellow, and green) onion and Italian sausage..I've just started cooking on my own so wish me luck!

UofISigKap 06-07-2006 06:31 PM

I actually made a chicken curry dish for dinner that I found from FoodNetwork. It was just amazing! The best part was it was all done in the microwave. Fresh herbs and coconut milk with a punch. Just yum.... I'm so thrilled with it, here's the link to the recipe.

...then again, maybe it's just amazing that I cooked anything since I don't ever cook.
:p

Tom Earp 06-07-2006 06:49 PM

This ought to be a intersting night for din din!

Turkey Pot Pie, Potatoes and gravey, maybe baked beans and Garlic Bread.:o

I will know later!:rolleyes:

God, I hate to cook when it is hot, Friggen HOT!:mad:

Maybe I should do Ice Cream instead!:cool:

mulattogyrl 06-08-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sigtau305
U should invite me over sometime. I'll take care of the leftovers. ;) :p :D

Will do sigtau!! ;)

dekeguy 06-08-2006 11:48 AM

Just back from my latest visit to the UK. Jet lagged to the max. On Monday had an early lunch of smoked salmon, sliced ham, and sliced roast beef with cucumber cubes in a creamy dill sauce and boiled new potatoes in a mustard and mint dressing. I have had this before and it works well for me. Fizzy mineral water and lots of cafe au lait. Cooled it at dinner and just had bowl of gulasch with crusty french bread and a glass of house red.
Tuesday lunch we went to Reynier's Wine Library on Tower Hill. You serve yourself from a table of pates, mousses, and terrines followed by a memorable cheese board. My cousin and his girlfriend introduced me to some really excellent wines, a riesling from near Strasbourg, a Pommard Epinotes 2002, and a Muscat dessert wine. Needed lots of strong black coffee then.
Tuesday night we went to a Tapas Bar just off Oxford Street. Spanish omlette, roast cubes of marinated pork in a garlicy sauce, assorted fried seafood bits, and cubes of chorizo in a tomato based sauce. We had a big bowl of assorted olives to share and lots of flat bread like pita bread.
Wednesday morning I flew back bucking 75 MPH headwinds most of the way. Got in to Dulles around 3:20 local time and just made my connection flight home.
The real standout meal was last Saturday in Oxford. My cousin took me as a guest to a fraternal organization he belongs to. Similar but not the same as our greek experience. After an "open" meeting and a drinks reception several of us went to a restaurant about 20 miles out from Oxford. It was fantastic. I had foie gras on toast points for a starter followed by a cup of cream of wild mushroom soup. Then a fillet of smoked trout with bearnaise sauce, and for main course roast goose with a sort of fruit cake stuffing and cherry brandy sauce. This was with baby sprouts simmered in stock and then quick fried in the goose drippings. Sounded gross and tasted great. Dessert was a summer berry tart with double cream. Then an assortment of cheeses. We started with a glass of Sauternes, then a glass of medium dry sherry, then a couple of glasses of gewurztraminer, followed by a small ocean of Ch. laLagune 1998. Roederer Christal 2001 with dessert and Fonseca '83 with the cheese.
Then we had some Hine XO (I think) and a Davidoff 52 ring maduro with coffee to finish up. (Tom, what do they call the Davidoff 52 ring, 5 inch maduros? I naver had one of those before. It was a great cigar but maybe just a tad too strong for me). Needless to say I wasn't driving that night. Someone organized taxis and I really do not have a very clear memory of how or when we got back to London. Sunday morning when I asked what my share of the damage was I was informed that as a guest I really shouldn't ask such a thing.

Alpha Sig Scott 06-08-2006 12:55 PM

Dekeguy,

I thoroughly enjoy reading about your dining adventures.

Continue to post:)

dekeguy 06-08-2006 01:06 PM

Alpha Sig Scott,
Thanks, glad you enjoy reading them. Only problem is the amount of time needed to work out to keep from turning into Fat B*stard. Both my parents are into great food and wine and my Sister is a world class cook and gourmet. My brother and I tend to be better described as gourmands rather than as gourmets. If I am not careful people will start getting my attention with a hog call!

Optimist Prime 06-13-2006 11:35 AM

tonight: leftovers of chinese take out.

Munchkin03 06-13-2006 11:44 AM

Tonight--grilled skirt steak, steamed green beans and carrots, and roasted potatoes.

Last night--baked salmon crusted w/ cilantro and garlic, steamed broccoli and risotto w/ porcini mushrooms. I managed to use only one teaspoon of olive oil for the whole thing, which made three meals (dinner for me and the boy, lunch for me today).

We live large at Casa Munchkin. :D

ADPiShannan 06-13-2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Earp

Maybe I should do Ice Cream instead!:cool:

My husband is on that kick. Everytime I ask what we should have for dinner he says how about ice cream. Good thing I dont let him do the planning.

Today is my wedding anniversary and he loves Red Lobster so I am taking him to dinner there. Its nice too because I am studying like mad this week for a insurance exam so I would like to not worry about cooking as much.

ZTAMich 06-13-2006 07:00 PM

Rice with tomato & avacado. It's so refreshing! OR maybe that's the glass of wine...lol

flavor ice for dessert! :)