GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Twins? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=13568)

purplewindex 09-22-2006 11:33 PM

Last year we had a set of twins go through Formal Recruitment. One of them ended up joining my chapter and the other went AOII. :)

KSUViolet06 09-22-2006 11:48 PM

A set of twins came through recruitment this year. These girls weren't your typical really close twins. I mean, they didn't hate hate each other, but they were very much into doing their own things and having different interests. Apparently, their mother used to be really big on them doing identical things when they were little, so as they grew up, they really tried to be individuals. They went to different high schools and had completely different sets of friends.

They were put in the same group (since they are divided alphabetically), so they went to the same parties for the first 2 days when the PNMs visit all chapters. My sister was their Rho Chi and said that they got REALLY annoyed whenever a chapter would mention something about one of them having a twin. They got really sick of:

"Oh hey, your last name is ____, is Suzie _______ your sister?"
"OMG that must be really neat to have a twin."
"I bet you guys are like best friends."
"Oh wow you guys look just alike!"
"So do you guys like to dress alike?"

They were so annoyed that they started saying things to rushers like "Yes, I have a twin, but I really don't feel like talking about her right now." I can somewhat understand this because recruitment is about YOU as an individual, and I'd be pissed if all my rusher could ask me about was my twin sister.

In the end they ended up in 2 different places and they're both very happy.

psusue 03-30-2012 07:01 PM

We actually have twins in our chapter right now. The first twin (S) joined fall 2011. She actually lived on our sorority floor as an independent (about 1/3 of our floor is independents so it's not that strange) and we couldn't talk at all except during parties once recruitment started, but luckily she was super sweet and understood. I actually got to talk to her for most of the rounds and was SO glad to get to hug her on bid day.

Her twin (R) just joined this spring. At first she was really not sure about it but then she realized that she was hanging out with us all the time anyway, so it made sense. Embarrassing story time though; even though they don't look that much alike, I didn't realize that they were twins, I just thought that the girl that lived in their room was in the bathroom A LOT. I can be such a dimwit at times, haha.

Cheerio 03-30-2012 08:51 PM

Our house had the girl twin (five foot tall) from out-of-state; her fraternal (much taller) twin brother lived out east and danced on Broadway (I don't believe he went Greek).

AOII Angel 03-31-2012 09:32 AM

When I pledged, there were three sets of identical twins in my chapter. Two sets were in my pledge class and one in the senior class. I ended up living with one set, individually in med school, for two years each. A lot of people can't tell that set apart, but after living with them, I barely think they are alike!

honeychile 04-01-2012 09:39 PM

My little has fraternal twins who went to different schools. Neither have pledged yet, but we're colonizing at the one twin's school right now. (Oh, please, oh, please!!!)

Darn, no begging emoticon!

greekdee 04-03-2012 02:42 AM

There were identical twin brothers in my husband's fraternity, but I don't recall any twin sisters in any sororities during my time. There are triplet girls who live down the street from me who will be going through recruitment in a couple of years. I don't know if triplets can be identical, but these three might as well be -- they look exactly alike! Can't wait to hear their stories when the time comes!

atrianglepi 04-04-2012 08:25 PM

We had twins in my chapter who were legacies by way of their older sister who had already graduated. One was my Little sister.
I have twins(fraternal) going off to college in the fall. I will happily share any Rush stories, but I am afraid no sequined pantyhose will be involved. I don't think they make them big enough for my 6ft+ tall son ;-)

kitekat 08-08-2014 06:40 PM

My chapter has a set of fraternal twins. I absolutely love them, they're so much fun to have around!

We also have a girl that is an identical twin, but her sister is not involved with greek life. Perhaps she'll decide to go through recruitment this fall. That would be exciting!