GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Phi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Pitt? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=106421)

WVU alpha phi 07-21-2009 12:48 PM

Pitt?

Hey ladies,

One of my sisters received an email from our old President asking if she'd be interested in a chapter advisor position for a new colony at University of Pittsburgh. Has anyone heard anything about this?

kddani 07-21-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi (Post 1827573)
Hey ladies,

One of my sisters received an email from our old President asking if she'd be interested in a chapter advisor position for a new colony at University of Pittsburgh. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I'm an advisor for the KD chapter at Pitt and I just recently read my chapter's year end national reports, including the panhellenic report. They have not had any votes or serious discussion regarding expansion.

However, perhaps they're talking about UPJ - Pitt Johnstown? They have a greek system there, and it's not at all related to main campus.

LegallyBrunette 07-21-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kddani (Post 1827580)
I'm an advisor for the KD chapter at Pitt and I just recently read my chapter's year end national reports, including the panhellenic report. They have not had any votes or serious discussion regarding expansion.

However, perhaps they're talking about UPJ - Pitt Johnstown? They have a greek system there, and it's not at all related to main campus.

Ditto. I was an advisor for the Theta Phi chapter at Pitt this past year as well, and this is news to me.

WVU alpha phi 07-21-2009 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure she meant Pitt's main campus. My friend lives in downtown Pittsburgh so I can't imagine they'd talk her to about an advisor position at a satellite campus.

Who knows..? Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone knew anything! I guess it's just hearsay.

33girl 07-21-2009 05:20 PM

If there aren't any alums nearby (which I kind of can't imagine) they might talk to her about UPJ. It's also possible they used her old home/parents' address.

Unless Pitt-Greensburg or Pitt-Bradford are opening up.

lauralaylin 07-22-2009 03:38 PM

I think she may have confused something, that doesn't sound right.

lovelyalphaphi 08-04-2009 03:57 PM

I'm not sure why your friend would've received an email like that. My understanding is that colonies don't have actual chapter advisers until they have not only been installed but have been an active chapter for a few years. During the colonization process, the colony is advised by ELCs and a team of alumnae.

DUAPhi 08-16-2009 11:40 AM

She may be confusing with an alumnae chapter - we are trying to revitalize an alumnae chapter in Pittsburgh....but we aren't colonzing at Pitt.

33girl 08-16-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUAPhi (Post 1836001)
She may be confusing with an alumnae chapter - we are trying to revitalize an alumnae chapter in Pittsburgh....but we aren't colonzing at Pitt.

That sounds like a sensible resolution to the mystery. :)