GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Xi Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Philanthropy Event Ideas (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=79422)

AXiDZetaEtaGirl 07-22-2006 07:49 PM

Philanthropy Event Ideas

Hey sisters!!!
My chapter is trying to do a new philanthropy project involving all of the chapters on my campus. At my school we already have other chapters doing things such as sorority showdown, battle of the sexes, greek night live, and a buy a guy. I was wondering what other chapters did to raise a lot of money on campus. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks xi love forever!!

flirt5721 07-22-2006 09:52 PM

My chapter has done Frats-At-Bat a diamond derby baseball challenge.
Other chapters do Xi-Man (something I would have like to do but another sorority does it already)

UCFgirl 11-28-2006 12:29 PM

We do Xi Man as well which raises over 4000 dollars every year in money and donations. I know the poster just above said that someone else already does a Xi man like competition, I would do it anyways, almost every sorority on campus here has some form of a competition like that (omega man for chi omega, king of the campus for zeta, delta man fo tri delta, etc)

Also, a good idea that I just started last year when I was philanthropy chair is Breakfast with Alpha Xi. We have changed it up a bit, but pretty much you can pick any way you want to make the competition, but the prize is to have breakfast with the lovely ladies of alpha xi delta! :)

Last year we had a donations competition between the fraternities for the Beta Center Orlando (our local philanthropy), using the list of things that they needed. They had a week to bring in the donations, each item havign a point value. The fraternity with the most points wins (Which last year it was TKE :)

This year we are doing it for HugMe a children's AIDS foundation, and we are collecting toys for the holidays. We are having a holiday party (tonight actually), and the admission is a toy or $5. They get points for the number of people who come to the event, as well as depending on type of toy. The group with the most points wins.

Hope this helps out a little.

Oh, and some other ideas that other chapters do here:
A basketball competition (ADPi)
Many many many dance competitions (zeta has one for new members only though) (ZTA, PBF, KD, and a lot of fraternities)
A spaghetti dinner (DDD)
An idol competition (BQPi)
Frats at Bat (DDD)
Cheers for Charity (ADPi)
3k run (KD)
Dodgeball (Phi Delt)
A denim sale
bowling (AEF)
volleyball (SN)
karaoke (KKG)

Hope this helps you out, I know starting a new philanthropy can be frustrating!

Xi love!

ishkeebibble 12-06-2006 10:44 PM

We recently came up with a bunch of ideas with 2 Daycares right off campus, but we are looking for ideas in which we can donate money to charities instead of just our time.

Outside of that....we are also trying to raise money to redo the basement of our chapter house. I've read all the main forums and gotten a bunch of ideas, but I was wondering if anyone had anymore ideas. We are a chapter of around 40 girls on a campus of 15,000 students.