GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Rush as a Junior? SDSU (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=146726)

nicole182 03-23-2015 01:07 AM

Rush as a Junior? SDSU

Hi,
I'll be transferring to SDSU in the fall and was wondering if I had a decent chance of receiving a bid. I've heard that sororities mostly want freshman and sophomores. I really want to join a sorority so I can meet new people and make the most of my two years at state but I don't want to go through recruitment and not get any bids.

ASTalumna06 03-23-2015 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole182 (Post 2311139)
Hi,
I'll be transferring to SDSU in the fall and was wondering if I had a decent chance of receiving a bid. I've heard that sororities mostly want freshman and sophomores. I really want to join a sorority so I can meet new people and make the most of my two years at state but I don't want to go through recruitment and not get any bids.

No one here can tell you your chance of receiving a bid.

Go through recruitment with an open mind and see what happens.

navane 03-23-2015 01:43 PM

SDSU recruitment is semi-competitive and is mostly geared to freshmen and sophomores; but, a handful of juniors do find homes during recruitment. You won't know unless you give it a try, right? :)

Cheerio 03-24-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Hi...I don't want to go through recruitment and not get any bids.

Life doesn't end if you're not wearing Greek Letters...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 2311141)
Go through recruitment with an open mind and see what happens.

DGTess 03-24-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Hi,

You could go through (most places) as a freshman and not get any bids.'

But if you DON'T rush, you will not get a bid.

nicole182 03-26-2015 01:09 AM

I realize that it's not the end of the world and that you guys can't tell me how likely I am to get a bid.
I wanted to know how competitive it is. I've also heard that some schools get a couple spots for upperclassmen that don't count against quota. Is that the case at SDSU too?

AZTheta 03-26-2015 08:54 AM

The SDSU Greek Life office may be the best place to get your questions answered. They would have the information on upperclass quota (if there is one), the class distribution of bids (freshmen/sophomores/juniors/seniors), etc. navane did respond specifically to your question; otherwise, I don't see much activity here on GC from SDSU alumnae so you might need to broaden your search.

pbear19 03-26-2015 02:00 PM

SDSU implemented an upperclass quota for the first time this past formal recruitment. I can't tell you if they will do it again next year. You'll have to do as AZTheta suggested and contact the Greek Life office for that. I can tell you that the secondary quota was for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. 125 of them received bids last year, but I have no idea how many of those were sophomores as compared to juniors or seniors.

nicole182 03-26-2015 02:49 PM

Ok thanks :)